Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Boxing is not effective in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I can tackle your legs. From that point you're limited to hitting me with arm punches, both of us go to the ground.

And boxing isn't helping much there.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Good Goyim
      I'm a die hard boxing fan with no interest in MMA but I don't have a problem saying a skilled MMA fighter (Muay Thai) would beat a boxers ass in a street fight. You get taken to the ground and you're ****ed, there's really no denying this. I know insecure losers are going to come to the defense but really it's not worth your time.

Plus, whoever pulls out the gun or knife wins anyway.
      This is the end of discussion. Should be at least.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Box that, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
          Box that, good luck.

He is primarily a boxer himself and dominated the UFC HW division with pretty much nothing but his boxing.

Fabio Maldanado who keeps getting robbed is another boxer convert.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            He is primarily a boxer himself and dominated the UFC HW division with pretty much nothing but his boxing.

Fabio Maldanado who keeps getting robbed is another boxer convert.
            That's primarily why I posted that.

Comment

From my experience, its easy to say a kickboxer or whatever will beat a boxer in a street fight.
              But a kickboxer for example is very rarely going to even attempt say a leg kick or head kick in a streetfight (and they can be countered, blocked etc)
              Even with MMA, you take a guy down in the street, their is no rules and unlike MMA, biting, headbutting etc will become a factor.

Your initial reaction is to hit (punch) or grab. Are we basing this on them knowing the guy is a boxer?

9/10 times the kickboxer is not going to know, he is going to be confident himself in his hands and if tries getting into a fistfight with a boxer, goodluck to him.
              And I'm not saying some kickboxers couldn't win a fistfight against a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Goyim
                Queue video of James Toney vs that wrestler bum. Toney taps like a *****.

Two can play at that game.

Here is a nice video of a 45yr old, fat, retired Ray Mercer vs 6ft9 UFC HW champion Tim Sylvia who Dana White quoted as ''One of, if not the best MMA fighter of all time''

Comment

Most boxers have too much class to get in "street fights" so I guess there isn't enough evidence

Comment

Shannon Briggs vs MMA fighter in K1, Erikson has a kickboxing & wrestling background.

Last edited by dan_cov; 10-05-2012, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Two can play at that game.

Here is a nice video of a 45yr old, fat, retired Ray Mercer vs 6ft9 UFC HW champion Tim Sylvia who Dana White quoted as ''One of, if not the best MMA fighter of all time''

LOL did you not see Mercer v.s. Remi Bojansky?

Comment

Working...
                      X