Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Boxing is not effective in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    punching will always be practical on the street. boxing just isn't the most efficient way of street fighting.

any fight over 3-5 seconds winds up grappling. where is your boxing then? you can't punch while wrestling.

i personally avoid conflict first. then i scan surroundings. then gauge distance. ever before fighting. i will kick, punch, bite, grapple, use a weapon, then gtfo of dodge.

that is why i always say i wouldn't lose in a street fight to a famous boxer. your brain says punch, my brain says use everything and anything.
    Funny I saw a video with Robert Garcia the trainer and former world champ say when he fights in the streets, he doesn't box. He kicks, punches, bites and does everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Funny I saw a video with Robert Garcia the trainer and former world champ say when he fights in the streets, he doesn't box. He kicks, punches, bites and does everything else.
      that's a smart man then.

trying to use a sport on the street can get you seriously hurt or killed.

i watched a video of a teen get whacked in the head with a crobar after using an armbar on the kid he was fighting. just an example of sport (bjj) not for the street.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        that's a smart man then.

trying to use a sport on the street can get you seriously hurt or killed.

i watched a video of a teen get whacked in the head with a crobar after using an armbar on the kid he was fighting. just an example of sport (bjj) not for the street.
        Lmao at using an armbar in a street fight. I never understood the idea that there is a such thing of fighting "dirty". In a street fight anything goes, win at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
          Lmao at using an armbar in a street fight. I never understood the idea that there is a such thing of fighting "dirty". In a street fight anything goes, win at all costs.
          Yea even sucker punching 60 year old bus drivers, that sh.it is hilarious.

Comment

Yea even sucker punching 60 year old bus drivers, that sh.it is hilarious.
            Laughing at that video>>>>>>>>>>>>saying innocent citizens deserve to be beheaded by the cartel and the taliban.

Comment

Laughing at that video>>>>>>>>>>>>saying innocent citizens deserve to be beheaded by the cartel and the taliban.
              Your assuming they are innocent, how do you know that? Stupid fukin assessment. Most of those dudes in those videos are hit men for other cartels.

Makes no difference, two wrongs don't make a right. Your logic is flawed, just admit, your a scumbag who thinks old people getting punched is funny.

Comment

If you are a trained boxer and fight on the street against someone who isn't trained in anything, of course you have an advantage.

If you face an MMA fighter who is skilled in grappling, boxing, kick boxing etc, the pure boxer is at a disadvantage.

I train at a gym where there are some Brazilian MMA pro fighters, and I can tell you as long as I have been boxing and all the experience I have, I wouldn't fight some of them for all the money in the world. There's this one dude who had 30+ bare knuckle fights in Brazil and is a black belt champion in Ju-Jitsu.

If I don't hit him with the first few punches, I'm a dead man. Let's not kid ourselves, boxing is a sport, not fighting.
                Agree 100%

Comment

Your assuming they are innocent, how do you know that? Stupid fukin assessment. Most of those dudes in those videos are hit men for other cartels.

Makes no difference, two wrongs don't make a right. Your logic is flawed, just admit, your a scumbag who thinks old people getting punched is funny.
                  http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/0...y-cartels.html

Months later the truth would be revealed, that in fact none of the dead had ties to organized crime and almost none had criminal records of serious crimes. Six had records of minor violations, such as fighting or stealing, and one was suspected of a serious crime which had no link to organized crime.

There are more articles, should i continue to respond to you with them once you quote me again?

Comment

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/0...y-cartels.html

Months later the truth would be revealed, that in fact none of the dead had ties to organized crime and almost none had criminal records of serious crimes. Six had records of minor violations, such as fighting or stealing, and one was suspected of a serious crime which had no link to organized crime.

There are more articles, should i continue to respond to you with them once you quote me again?
                    I know more about Mexico than you do puto, I'm from there...

That wasn't the point. Don't change the subject because you think hitting old people is cool. Just admit you were wrong and move on man, it's that simple.

Comment

I know more about Mexico than you do puto, I'm from there...

That wasn't the point. Don't change the subject because you think hitting old people is cool. Just admit you were wrong and move on man, it's that simple.
                      The point was you said it didn't matter if they got killed because they were criminals too, and that i was wrong for laughing. If im wrong, you are 1,000,000 times more wrong. Drop your address.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/drug...hut-up-or-die/

On May 3, the dismembered, mutilated bodies of three Mexican photojournalists – Gabriel Huge, Guillermo Luna Varela and Esteban Rodriguez – were found in plastic bags dumped in a waste canal in Boca del Rio, Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                      X