Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Boxing is not effective in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen a good boxer take out a good mma fighter in a street fight. Every time the mma fighter tried to grab or tackle the boxer, the boxer stepped to the side and landed combinations. It was funny because I knew the mma fighter and seen him break a guy's jaw before in a fight. When things were heating up I told the boxers girlfriend that he really doesn't want to mess with that guy. She looked at me and said, "he knows how to handle himself". The mma guy was big and took a great punch, about 50 of them.

Comment

To those of you that think boxing beats MMA in a street fight, you are delusional. I can tell the people who have been in street fights and the one's that talk behind a computer....hahahah

I'm helping this guy with his boxing right now, his name is Marcelo and he's training for a fight coming up. I'm telling you I'm 5'11", ex boxer and have over 25 years of experience and over 70 amateur fights and I would not fight this SOB for nothing.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Marcelo-Alfaya-5997

He's been in 30 bare knuckle fights in brazil, is a master at Ju-Jitsu and can wrestle like you can't believe. Boxing is a sport, that is specialized in one thing, that's what makes it beautiful and the best sport in the world IMO. What these crazy fukers do is organized street fighting with a few rules thrown in.
      Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 10-05-2012, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Really ? Come on man. It's all about the individual, if you tell me MMA > Boxing 10/10, that is just as delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by BulgariasFinest View Post
          Really ? Come on man. It's all about the individual, if you tell me MMA > Boxing 10/10, that is just as delusional.
          In a street fight, yes.

You are right though, it's about the individual but think about the differences. Boxing is one style, MMA is many.

It's like going into a war with only fighter jets while the enemy has ships, subs, ground troops etc...

Let's remember, street fights aren't controlled, it's no rules. If a skilled wrestler or grappler grabs you, it's over man. I have horsed around with these dudes in the gym and I can tell you it's a different world on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            In a street fight, yes.

You are right though, it's about the individual but think about the differences. Boxing is one style, MMA is many.

It's like going into a war with only fighter jets while the enemy has ships, subs, ground troops etc...

Let's remember, street fights aren't controlled, it's no rules. If a skilled wrestler or grappler grabs you, it's over man. I have horsed around with these dudes in the gym and I can tell you it's a different world on the ground.
            You're a great poster and I respect your opinion. I trained in MMA (Boxing, BJJ, Combat sambo). I guess it is my love for Boxing that blinds me, even though I feel more comfortable that I know how to roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
              If you are a solid boxer the average man isnt going to take more than 3 good punches

In my life, I've seen at least two one punch knockouts of boxer versus civilian in a street fight.

Though boxers try to avoid them because it simply isn't worth the trouble.

Once I did see a lightweight get beat up by a guy probably 200 as soon as it went to the ground he had no chance.

Comment

No one uses rules in a street fight. Its not like someone who knows how to box is going to fight for 3 minutes then go to his corner. WTF kind of dumb shyt am I reading.

If you can throw them hands then you can throw em period. Most people I see in street fights cant fight at all and they ALWAYS throw the right hand first. Duck that and throw that rib cage shot and you can consider your fight a wrap. NO ONE can take body punches on the street. I repeat NO ONE.

Boxing is HIGHLY effective in a street fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BulgariasFinest View Post
                  You're a great poster and I respect your opinion. I trained in MMA (Boxing, BJJ, Combat sambo). I guess it is my love for Boxing that blinds me, even though I feel more comfortable that I know how to roll.
                  I love boxing too man, it's my heart and soul and I have dedicated so much time to it as a boxer and now trainer. I just can't lie and be biased.

I'm not saying a boxer doesn't have a chance, he can land a combo or one shot and knock someone out but those MMA guys train to avoid punches and kicks and take you down.

That dude I posted that's training at my gym, just recently sparred one of the pro's we have and got schooled in the boxing ring, but damn he was tough. He was taking shots like I have never seen. Outside the ring though, on that mat, he's an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    Most people I see in street fights cant fight at all and they ALWAYS throw the right hand first. Duck that and throw that rib cage shot and you can consider your fight a wrap. NO ONE can take body punches on the street. I repeat NO ONE.

i agree with this here. it's always a big right hand though i have trained myself to watch for left leads. keep myself in position to position myself (lol) to throw a short right just in case.

Comment

punching will always be practical on the street. boxing just isn't the most efficient way of street fighting.

any fight over 3-5 seconds winds up grappling. where is your boxing then? you can't punch while wrestling.

i personally avoid conflict first. then i scan surroundings. then gauge distance. ever before fighting. i will kick, punch, bite, grapple, use a weapon, then gtfo of dodge.

that is why i always say i wouldn't lose in a street fight to a famous boxer. your brain says punch, my brain says use everything and anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X