No announcement yet.

Micr0$oft's new tablet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This dude.

My article is right, your article is wrong.

No bias over here from the guy named androidism.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      The hell is my agenda? To express my opinion that tablets are one step above useless?
      Theyre actually pretty badass tbh

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        The outlook isn’t promising for everyone though. According to Chloe Albanesius of PCMag.com, IDC forecasts that Apple iOS tablets (i.e. the iPad family of products) will increase their global market share from 58.2% in 2011 to 62.5% in 2012. Meanwhile, the Android tablet market share is expected to dip from 38.7% to 36.5%, while Research in Motion (RIM) tablets are anticipated to drop from 1.7% market share to just 1%, Albanesius added.
        Source: redOrbit (http://s.tt/1eH5E)
        http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/idg-mo...ver-ipad/79963

IDG: More future tablet buyers will opt for Android over iPad

Summary: IDG predicts that business tablet buyers are going to gravitate towards Android more over the next year, going sharply against current trends favoring the iPad.

Android is poised to outpace iPad sales in the enterprise market within the next 12 months, according to technology media company International Data Group.

For reference, IDG polled 3,124 IT and business professionals worldwide. Approximately 71 percent of respondents said they own a tablet, and 51 percent of that group have an iPad. But more first-time buyers replied that they would get an Android-based model in the next year at 44 percent of the group, compared to only 27 percent for the iPad.

Comment

Everything im reading says Android market shares are in the mid-high 30%

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
            http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/idg-mo...ver-ipad/79963

IDG: More future tablet buyers will opt for Android over iPad

Summary: IDG predicts that business tablet buyers are going to gravitate towards Android more over the next year, going sharply against current trends favoring the iPad.

Android is poised to outpace iPad sales in the enterprise market within the next 12 months, according to technology media company International Data Group.

For reference, IDG polled 3,124 IT and business professionals worldwide. Approximately 71 percent of respondents said they own a tablet, and 51 percent of that group have an iPad. But more first-time buyers replied that they would get an Android-based model in the next year at 44 percent of the group, compared to only 27 percent for the iPad.
            You just cut on me for posting a blogged news article while retorting with an article where the linked address has /blog/ in the damn source link.

Comment

Theyre actually pretty badass tbh
              I understand why people like them, I just doubt the utility of the offspring of a cellphone and laptop and question the demand for them in general.

They tried tablets in 1997...they failed.
              They tried them again and again after that. They failed.
              Apple brings out the ipad to satisfy a specific market and experiences success.
              Untapped market for non-Apple products? Yeah, no.
              Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 06-19-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                I understand why people like them, I just doubt the utility of the offspring a cellphone and laptop and question the demand for them in general.
                Theyre undoubtedly the future.

The days of bulky 6lb laptops are coming to an end.

Its only a matter of time before you buy a windows tablet thinner than an iPad, add a bluetooth mouse/keyboard... Or hell, holographic keyboard and hand gestures. Its the next generation.

Im typing on an iPad right now... I might pick up the new droid tablet or the windows one... Tbh, theyre all pretty damn nice... And efficient.

10 hour battery life is ridiculous.

Comment

Im off to bed.. Its 2am fuuuck.

Comment

Theyre undoubtedly the future.

The days of bulky 6lb laptops are coming to an end.

Its only a matter of time before you buy a windows tablet thinner than an iPad, add a bluetooth mouse/keyboard... Or hell, holographic keyboard and hand gestures. Its the next generation.

Im typing on an iPad right now... I might pick up the new droid tablet or the windows one... Tbh, theyre all pretty damn nice... And efficient.

10 hour battery life is ridiculous.
                    I guess the entire idea behind them is lost on me.

Comment

You just cut on me for posting a blogged news article while retorting with an article where the linked address has /blog/ in the damn source link.

That was exactly my point in doing it! Anyone can find a blog post of some random article "predicting" or claiming something.

That's why I referred you back to BLoomberg who is one of the most respected business in the entire world. I recall you being in a business magazine long time ago. I would think you would understand that figures and research in bloomberg article would be a lot more credible than random bloggers.

Either way Tablets are probably the highest growing industry in the entire world. There's probably not an industry in the world growing faster than tablets so DEADLIKEME is wrong which is all I'm really arguing.

Comment

Working...
                      X