Collapse
No announcement yet.

the universe did not just create its damn self.we have a creator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't believe in a god, but I do believe that there's something more between heaven & earth.
    I was once ganged up on by 3 Mormons wearing ridiculously poorly fitting suits with orange ties, crossing a bridge in Bratislava. They would basically cut off my walking path and ask questions. They were nice and whatnot, but just the situation in itself was a bit scary. So after a little while of talking, the big boss of them asks me: "So do you believe God is our creator?", to which I replied: "I don't believe in a god sitting up in the sky looking down at us, but I do believe that there's more between heaven & earth, than what we know of." He then looked at me, had this smirky smile and replied with joy in his voice: "Oh yea, definitely. I believe in the EXACT same thing. God is such a wonderful creator."
    So they tried to keep the conversation going for a while and just before I left, he asked me if I wanted to come by their clubhouse on Saturday at 8 PM, because he had beaten everybody else in ping pong and could use some better competition.

Yea, I never went there for ping pong.. All 3 of them were Americans, who had quit their university educations to pursue their interest within the Mormon organization.

Ohhhh buddy....

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

As I said, the fact that mathematics is useful for helping us to understand the universe doesn't mean the universe is made out of maths.

No it isn't. I don't have to prove that god doesn't exist. You're the one making the claim, the burden of proof is upon you.

Several important discoveries ideas in physics were down to maths

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Masses are not attracted to each oher. Masses curve spacetime.

Much in the same if a fat woman lay on the bed next to you, you would roll towards her. Not because you are attracted to her (you might be though) it is because she has warped the bed.
        Newton's law of universal gravitation. Newton's law is not an explanation of what it is, it's a description of how it behaves.

Several important discoveries ideas in physics were down to maths
        Most of them were. That doesn't mean that the universe is made up of maths. That's Deepak Chopra territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Newton's law of universal gravitation. Newton's law is not an explanation of what it is, it's a description of how it behaves.

Most of them were. That doesn't mean that the universe is made up of maths. That's Deepak Chopra territory.
          Newton's law gets it wrong too.

Masses may seem like they attract each other but they don't.

Comment

• There is though a formula for the universe that needs maths.

Maths is universal. An alien civilization would have prime numbers just as we do.

Comment

• And it is only in criminal trial where the burden of proof is used

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
                We are stardust.

The heavier elements that make up a human body were originally formed in supernovae explosions.
                And what about the spiritual realm....did the stardust make that too????

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerub Baal View Post
                  And what about the spiritual realm....did the stardust make that too????
                  Natalie Portman made the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by Agility View Post
                    Natalie Portman made the universe

Comment

• We may never really know or understand the vast workings of the universe, Larry. Our inquiring minds may not be equipped to handle the ultimate or infinitesimal truth.

However, some people believe that 'consciousness' is the realm which continues to elude the majority of scientists.

Here's an interesting read for when time permits : "The Higgs boson 'God Particle' discovery explained in the context of conscious cosmology"

Here's my take for what it's worth...

As conscious beings, we live in a state of perpetual energy management most of the time. Managing the inner energies such as : beliefs, emotions, feelings, thoughts, physical movements, etc. based on our daily experiences.

And they're not necessarily positive or negative. They just are. Many do well at it and others don't.

Our inner universe may just be the same as the outer universe. As the saying goes, "As within, so without. As above, so below."

Maybe that's what keeps the universe alive and ever evolving. Our collective consciousness.

Who knows?

Just a 'thought'.

Comment

Working...
                      X