Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The washington redskins trade three 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to get RG3.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    Thats what makes RG3 different than Cam & Vick though. He's a much willing thrower. He doesnt even want to run and its genuine. I could see us getting on him and telling him to run more.

Also, we have 50mil in cap space. They already said that no matter who they had at QB there #1 priortiy was going to be getting a top notch WR. Most think we will get Vincent Jackson. We also drafted the kind Hankerson from Miami in the 2nd round last year who many think have star potential.

He started off as a regular rookie last year then started heating up. He had over 100 yards against Miami but then hurt his hip in the same game and missed the rest of the season. His combination of height & speed arent matched by many in the leauge plus we have probably 2 of the best 5-8te's in the league. We will have weapons.

We can then move Moss to the slot. The biggest thing will be getting the line straight but they sound like they really want to get at stud WR and an Offensive lineman
    If they do get Vincent Jackson my opinion of his success would change. Moss really isn't a number 1 so moving Moss to the slot for the under routes would be an excellent idea. That's a big IF though. We will have to see what they do but as it stands right now, RG3 is going to have a huge mountain to climb.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      Whats the Skins cap situation?
      We are estimated at something like 50 million under the cap

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
        LOL!!!!.

First of all, if RG3 even becomes 50% the player you Redskins claim him out to be before he even takes a snap, what makes you think he'll remain with the Deadskins for over a decade? Do you not know who you're owner is? The Biggest moron in the NFL is the Redskins owner.

Why would he ever stay in Washington longer than his rookie contract? He would wanna play for a respected coach and team and try to win a Superbowl.

Oh and

Name me one title that RG3 has won in his Football career that revolved around his team?

Plus, who knows how his mental game and if he's injury prone.

Its like stopping on a 14 when a dealer is showing a KING in Blackjack.

You dont trade away your next 3-4 years of Drafting for an unproven QB who's not even the best in his class. I understand if this was Michael Jordan or Lebron, you trade up for that, but RG3 isnt once in a lifetime, neither is Luck. They are just a by product of marketing and gimmicks.

Prediction: The best NFL QB in 5 years from the 2012 Draft wont be Luck OR RG3

Also its the first time since 1980 (when they kept track of these stats) that an NFL team payd so many first rounders and a #2 just to move up 5 slots in a draft to #2.

So Congrats

but dont tell that to the Redskins fans on their Forums, since they all think RG3 is the messiah when they cant see that their team is full of swiss cheese and need more than a QB to have a chance at winning.
        who is your team and you better not say the Cowgirls or Ill kill you........lol

everyone is an unkonwn. Im a gambler and sometimes you just have to go for it, espically when youve just been treading water for the past 20 years. Usually you dont get a shot like this to get better for a long time. You might lose big but Id rather go for it because the reward is way higher then anything youve been use to in the past 2 decades. Its more than worth the risk.

The fact is that as much as I love the Orakpo's, Landry's, and Trent Williams(I guess) of the world, they are not going to carry you to a SB more than an elite QB. People worry about the draft picks too much because those are the guys who weve been picking. Again, they help alot but in the end they are guys just part of a team. The QB can carry the team if you hit on the right guy. Besides, those guys can miss just as easily as a QB can. Some think Williams may be a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Just because you can run doesn't mean you have more potential. Show me a great running qb and I'll show you 10 qbs with a rocket arm that actually won titles. RG3 is overrated as fuk. All I hear is potential this, potential that. Potential equals jack ****.
          His accuracy is up there with Luck and he has an elite arm, and has deep down the field accuracy. Also he is very smart in the way he plays and he is not like Vick who looks to take off, rg3 stays in the pocket and only takes off if he has a clear opening or has no choice at all. RG3 is good, real good, but can he stay up to an nfl beating is what I want to know.

Comment

Oh and am I the only one that is worried that RG3 is not a winner?

He hasnt won in High School in 4A
            He didnt win in College in a MUCH weaker conference than the SEC.

He hasnt shown the ability to want to win.

Cam Newton has been a proven winner anywhere he went. Thats the diffirence. Newton played in the SEC with the big boys and was putting up crazy numbers. He wasnt having 73-70 shootouts with Kansas State

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              His accuracy is up there with Luck and he has an elite arm, and has deep down the field accuracy. Also he is very smart in the way he plays and he is not like Vick who looks to take off, rg3 stays in the pocket and only takes off if he has a clear opening or has no choice at all. RG3 is good, real good, but can he stay up to an nfl beating is what I want to know.
              This is my concern. Yes, he has talent to make the throws and runs, he showed that in the Big12(despite it being down and being a passing leauge), but the NFL is a different beast. The way the skins are set up right now would certainly not cater to his needs and neither is the conferences history. DTL said they are focused on getting a deep threat which is the major cog to his success but the skins need to find that rb too. Roy Helu showed signs that he can be a john stewart type runner which is good but they really need a speedy rb/athletic type too. I'm not sure how good the skins O-Line is but they need that too. Honestly, they need to revamp almost everything on offense to make it work but if it does, they would be very good.

Comment

Oh and am I the only one that is worried that RG3 is not a winner?

He hasnt won in High School in 4A
                He didnt win in College in a MUCH weaker conference than the SEC.

He hasnt shown the ability to want to win.

Cam Newton has been a proven winner anywhere he went. Thats the diffirence. Newton played in the SEC with the big boys and was putting up crazy numbers. He wasnt having 73-70 shootouts with Kansas State
                Well, that's certainly a big concern. Not only is the SEC a better conference but it prides itself on good defense. The Big 12 is a pass happy league and every year there is another qb tearing it up. In fairness to RG3 though Baylor is no powerhouse and he can't play defense so he has no control over his team giving up 50.

Comment

LOL!!!!.

First of all, if RG3 even becomes 50% the player you Redskins claim him out to be before he even takes a snap, what makes you think he'll remain with the Deadskins for over a decade? Do you not know who you're owner is? The Biggest moron in the NFL is the Redskins owner.

Why would he ever stay in Washington longer than his rookie contract? He would wanna play for a respected coach and team and try to win a Superbowl.

Oh and

Name me one title that RG3 has won in his Football career that revolved around his team?

Plus, who knows how his mental game and if he's injury prone.

Its like stopping on a 14 when a dealer is showing a KING in Blackjack.

You dont trade away your next 3-4 years of Drafting for an unproven QB who's not even the best in his class. I understand if this was Michael Jordan or Lebron, you trade up for that, but RG3 isnt once in a lifetime, neither is Luck. They are just a by product of marketing and gimmicks.

Prediction: The best NFL QB in 5 years from the 2012 Draft wont be Luck OR RG3

Also its the first time since 1980 (when they kept track of these stats) that an NFL team payd so many first rounders and a #2 just to move up 5 slots in a draft to #2.

So Congrats

but dont tell that to the Redskins fans on their Forums, since they all think RG3 is the messiah when they cant see that their team is full of swiss cheese and need more than a QB to have a chance at winning.

Here is what NY Giants traded for ELI MANNING a #1 PICK

So Eli Manning
                  - Rivers
                  -1 3rd rounder that year
                  -1st and 5fth rounder next year.

RG3:
                  -3 FIRST ROUNDERS
                  -1 2nd Rounder
                  + could be more once deal is finalized.

but yea, the Skins got a really nifty deal for the 2nd best QB of his class. Way to ruin your chances for the next half a decade if RG3 doesnt work out
                  I just saw the last part of this post. 1st off its alot different because we were 4 picks back while SD was just 3. SD also was bidding by themselves while we were bidding against the Browns. Most of all the price of trades have went way up due to there being a rookie cap now.

If QB's at the top were still getting those crazy 50mil guarantees then we wouldnt have had to give up much but they dont make nearly as much anymore. Also, dont act like Eli was such a bigger prospect. He wasnt. Not only that but even coming into this year alot of people thought Eli sucked and was kinda a bust

Comment

Im not worried about RG3 standing up to punishment. Again, he's a much more willing thrower then those guys. He's a lil bit taller than people expected but he's also not small like Vick. He's pretty built. He's got a defensive players type body with the muscles.

Vick is more explosive but he's also a bit of an idiot. Vick takes way too many unecessary hits. At the end of every run Vick lets up before he gets out of bounds or he still turns up instead of just running out and he takes a late hit every single time that he doesnt need to take. I cant believe none of his coaches have gotten him to stop doing that.

Those are the hits that really kill you. On top of that this is Shanny. He's going to protect his QB by running the ball alot, unlike an Andy Reid. I like what RG3 brings with his legs but unlike Vick, Cam, etc... you cant even find that many running highlights of him. He likes to throw, probably too much. He needs to keep the D honest with his legs and Shanny's bootleg system is perfect for that

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      This is my concern. Yes, he has talent to make the throws and runs, he showed that in the Big12(despite it being down and being a passing leauge), but the NFL is a different beast. The way the skins are set up right now would certainly not cater to his needs and neither is the conferences history. DTL said they are focused on getting a deep threat which is the major cog to his success but the skins need to find that rb too. Roy Helu showed signs that he can be a john stewart type runner which is good but they really need a speedy rb/athletic type too. I'm not sure how good the skins O-Line is but they need that too. Honestly, they need to revamp almost everything on offense to make it work but if it does, they would be very good.
                      Them boys in philly, new york, and arlington come for blood, but if the redskins organization makes the right moves I could see the redskins being really good in a few years. Also at 6"2 220+ RG3 is not that small.
                      Last edited by street bully; 03-10-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X