Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The washington redskins trade three 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to get RG3.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    I totally disagree. Shanny has a great running game every year and with RG3 they will probably lead the league in rushing by far every year. Shanny's stretch system with the threat of RG3 sneaking out the back door will be very hard to stop. Thats going to keep them in games by himself and he's considered a better passer than Cam is
    Who's his deep threat to stretch the field? He is a better passer than Cam but he has no one really to stretch like Steve Smith does for Cam. Not to mention Cam is a physical, very stronger runner. RG3 is quicker but the dude is lanky and the NFC East prides itself on smash mouth defenses. I don't feel he will be effective running and his body holding up, nor do I feel the passing game will be there to allow him a chance to have defenses drop back and stretch the field with his legs. He's got a major hill to climb if he plays for the redskins. I think the redskins will ruin his career, before it even starts.

Comment

Who said the Rams were going to pick Griffin? They have Bradford.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Who said the Rams were going to pick Griffin? They have Bradford.
        They weren't but the Browns were offering a lot to move up to 2.

Comment

I totally disagree. Shanny has a great running game every year and with RG3 they will probably lead the league in rushing by far every year. Shanny's stretch system with the threat of RG3 sneaking out the back door will be very hard to stop. Thats going to keep them in games by himself and he's considered a better passer than Cam is
          Whats the Skins cap situation?

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            Yeah Leaf did have the physical tools to be elite but to compare rg3 and him is just not fair to rg3. rg3 is much smarter and mature and is ten times the athlete Leaf was.
            1 Question: What has RGIII ever done to show that he was a winner and a leader?

Putting up Basketball wins of 70-63 wins week in and week out against High School defence in a weak confrence?

Dude is just a Combine warrior.

yet I see all the Skins fans saying "RG3 gonna be franchise QB" "RG3 better than Luck(who i think is also overrated)" "RG3 is worth it, he's so good"

Now tell me exactly, how is he so good? He wasn't a winner in College, what makes you think he will be a winner in the NFL?

I even rate Kellen Moore over RG3, but hey, Combine warriors always gonna go higher.

There's a reason that 90% of the ATG QB's arent #1 Picks and the biggest busts in the world are 1st round QB's

Comment

Remember the Panthers have Steve Smith, a very good route runner and still a very fast north and south runner. He also has good feet and great hands. The skins don't have anything like that.

The Panthers also have two very good running backs in Williams and Stewart. The perfect quick running back and hard nose rb. The skins have neither.

What I'm trying to say is RG3 is going to have major problems playing for the skins. The pieces aren't there for him to succeed and neither is his competition. I know the NFC East is down but Philly, Dallas, and NY always have strong defenses. The kid will be running for his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                Who's his deep threat to stretch the field? He is a better passer than Cam but he has no one really to stretch like Steve Smith does for Cam. Not to mention Cam is a physical, very stronger runner. RG3 is quicker but the dude is lanky and the NFC East prides itself on smash mouth defenses. I don't feel he will be effective running and his body holding up, nor do I feel the passing game will be there to allow him a chance to have defenses drop back and stretch the field with his legs. He's got a major hill to climb if he plays for the redskins. I think the redskins will ruin his career, before it even starts.
                Thats what makes RG3 different than Cam & Vick though. He's a much willing thrower. He doesnt even want to run and its genuine. I could see us getting on him and telling him to run more.

Also, we have 50mil in cap space. They already said that no matter who they had at QB there #1 priortiy was going to be getting a top notch WR. Most think we will get Vincent Jackson. We also drafted the kind Hankerson from Miami in the 2nd round last year who many think have star potential.

He started off as a regular rookie last year then started heating up. He had over 100 yards against Miami but then hurt his hip in the same game and missed the rest of the season. His combination of height & speed arent matched by many in the leauge plus we have probably 2 of the best 5-8te's in the league. We will have weapons.

We can then move Moss to the slot. The biggest thing will be getting the line straight but they sound like they really want to get at stud WR and an Offensive lineman

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                  He can make all the throws and is very intelligent. Hes not just an athletic freak like u seem to think for whatever reason.
                  I've seen a lot of him and yes he can make all the throws against a conference that was pretty down last year. Majority of the Baylor games that I say RG3 was able to stretch the field because defenders played man coverage because they were afraid he would jet and then RG3 would launch it over the defender. That isn't going to happen in the NFL because the skins don't have anything like that. The Big12 has always been a passing league also, qbs always light it up there. The NFC East on the other hand is still built for the run and loves to play the 4-3. Without the deep threat, RG3 will easily be contained.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    1 Question: What has RGIII ever done to show that he was a winner and a leader?

Putting up Basketball wins of 70-63 wins week in and week out against High School defence in a weak confrence?

Dude is just a Combine warrior.

yet I see all the Skins fans saying "RG3 gonna be franchise QB" "RG3 better than Luck(who i think is also overrated)" "RG3 is worth it, he's so good"

Now tell me exactly, how is he so good? He wasn't a winner in College, what makes you think he will be a winner in the NFL?

I even rate Kellen Moore over RG3, but hey, Combine warriors always gonna go higher.

There's a reason that 90% of the ATG QB's arent #1 Picks and the biggest busts in the world are 1st round QB's
                    The dude played at Baylor which is a horrible program. He is mature,intelligent,freakishly athletic and can make all the throws u need an elite qb to make. There is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft but he had the potential to be truly great and a unique talent. To compare him to tools like Russell and Leaf is laughable.

Comment

Skins fan here and I dont think we gave up too much. 1st off I wanted RG3 more than anyone. When I 1st heard about the trade I was bittersweet because we got the guy I wanted but we gave up more than anyone expected. Then very quickly though, I felt that its not all that much. Everyone keeps saying 3 first round picks but its really just 2 because the other one is a swap. Lets say that he ends up being an elite top notch QB.

Some might say that you cant say that which is true but if youre trading all of that and picking him with the 2nd pick then its because you think he will be that. So if its Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, etc...... would you trade 2 first round picks for them right off the top of your head? Hell Yeah. Then you say would you add a 2nd round pick to get them? Hell yeah, espically if you have a ton of cap space. Its a gamble but its one worth taking.

He's a big time prospect, who is probably the most perfect fit in the whole NFL to run Shanny's system because of that run game and the bootleg out the back with his speed. Then you add to that the Skins havent been relevant and havent had any kind of QB for a million years. Now you get a guy who you think is going to be your guy for the next 10-15 years.

If RG3 is the QB for the next 12-15 years then does 2 years worth of first rounders really matter that much in the long term? Hell No. If you think he's the real deal then you go get him. Im more than down
                      LOL!!!!.

First of all, if RG3 even becomes 50% the player you Redskins claim him out to be before he even takes a snap, what makes you think he'll remain with the Deadskins for over a decade? Do you not know who you're owner is? The Biggest moron in the NFL is the Redskins owner.

Why would he ever stay in Washington longer than his rookie contract? He would wanna play for a respected coach and team and try to win a Superbowl.

Oh and

Name me one title that RG3 has won in his Football career that revolved around his team?

Plus, who knows how his mental game and if he's injury prone.

Its like stopping on a 14 when a dealer is showing a KING in Blackjack.

You dont trade away your next 3-4 years of Drafting for an unproven QB who's not even the best in his class. I understand if this was Michael Jordan or Lebron, you trade up for that, but RG3 isnt once in a lifetime, neither is Luck. They are just a by product of marketing and gimmicks.

Prediction: The best NFL QB in 5 years from the 2012 Draft wont be Luck OR RG3

Also its the first time since 1980 (when they kept track of these stats) that an NFL team payd so many first rounders and a #2 just to move up 5 slots in a draft to #2.

So Congrats

but dont tell that to the Redskins fans on their Forums, since they all think RG3 is the messiah when they cant see that their team is full of swiss cheese and need more than a QB to have a chance at winning.

Here is what NY Giants traded for ELI MANNING a #1 PICK

Ten minutes later, the trade was announced: Manning to New York for Rivers, the Giants’ third-round pick this year, and first- and fifth-round picks next year.
                      So Eli Manning
                      - Rivers
                      -1 3rd rounder that year
                      -1st and 5fth rounder next year.

RG3:
                      -3 FIRST ROUNDERS
                      -1 2nd Rounder
                      + could be more once deal is finalized.

but yea, the Skins got a really nifty deal for the 2nd best QB of his class. Way to ruin your chances for the next half a decade if RG3 doesnt work out
                      Last edited by Medved; 03-10-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X