No announcement yet.

I cant afford to eat!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brick-Top! View Post
    Thats true, i am making a lot of sacrafices and although i moan about it on here i'm bearing up ok under the strain, things will get better I just need a break and find a job even if its just a few hours a week, an extra $100 or so would make things comfortable at least.

I know now that when i get back to the stage of having enough money to feed myself properly and have a good night out once a week or so i will be truly happy.
    Yeah good luck man and where do you live?

Comment

mane...

When I was starvin I would go to a friends house to eat (friends parents felt for my situation so they was hella cool wit me grubbin on they food). When I finally got a job, over here ramen is $1 for 4 packets of the stuff so you can get 16 packets for $4 bucks (if my math is right lol). I bought lots of rice and learnt how to cook nilaga (filipino food that'll literally last you like 2-3 days). That's all the advice I can give you man. stay up. there will be better days.

and here's how to make nilaga.

http://www.filipinofoodrecipes.net/beefstew.htm

it really ain't that hard.

Comment

Well i do have some good news, i was looking online just now in the vacant positions list and there is a part time job 15 h/pw working in an outdoor supply store, the good thing is i have a lot of experiance in that sort of retail and the hours are saturday and sunday so fit in with college, i have a good feeling about this one

Comment

Originally posted by Brick-Top! View Post
          Thats true, i am making a lot of sacrafices and although i moan about it on here i'm bearing up ok under the strain, things will get better I just need a break and find a job even if its just a few hours a week, an extra $100 or so would make things comfortable at least.

I know now that when i get back to the stage of having enough money to feed myself properly and have a good night out once a week or so i will be truly happy.
          This is when you find out who are truly your friends,i know when i am in dire straights my true homies will show up with a 12 pack and food.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            This is when you find out who are truly your friends,i know when i am in dire straights my true homies will show up with a 12 pack and food.
            yeah my buddies look after me like this weekend they came round to watch the groves fight, bought **** loads of kfc and plenty of beer with them i bought the ppv, ill cover it somehow i guess.

got good friends, ill pay them back when im making $$$ again

Comment

I just thought of it right now, you can sell you're blood plasma and get like $100-$200 a month depending on where you live (you'd have to donate around 4 times a month for that kind of money I think). As long as you don't have a blood related disease you should be able to sell it. I'm not sure how much energy it'd take out of you but $100 is still a good amount of money for food, especially if you spend it wisely on things such as rice and stuff like that. Make sure to buy generic stuff too, that name brand **** is just too expensive.

There are also places where you can test out medicine, they pay you anywhere from a couple hundred dollars to thousands of dollars. You take the medicine, spend a few days there (like 3) so they can monitor you and they pay you.

Also don't forget to use Coupons! Some stores you can use coupons all you want, I was watching a show where people would go to recycling dumpsters and find the same coupons in papers to cut out. These people would literally grab $900 worth of food and supplies and pay just $6.00, no joke. Not all stores allow you to use coupons like that so you should call to find out. They'd literally have 9 baskets full of stuff and pay around $20.00. Pretty crazy.
              A few cents off a product go a long way when you're tight on money.

I don't know about your living conditions but you should always try to save as much electricity as possible, turn off everything you're not using, try to conserve as much water as possible (Take quick showers, don't flush the toilet when all you do is piss in it) and turn off your heater/ac when you don't really need it.
              Last edited by Cutthroat; 05-24-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Get yourself a wok if you don't have one already. You can create healthy and quick meals in a wok on the cheap. You just need to invest in some spices. Buying frozen meats like chicken can be good value and they last a long time. Even frozen veg is cheap and fairly good value. All you need to accompany it is some rice or noodles.

I love my wok. Any left over food is eaten the next day or frozen. I only have to cook 2-3 times a week.

Comment

Working...
                X