No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miburo View Post
    It really has gotten bad. I especially liked the graffiti "Kill the Masters" when the people from Mereen don't even speak Common/English
    Originally posted by Croyd View Post
    I read the books as well and its really tough to stay a fan of the HBO show after all they have done to George RR Martins masterpiece.But ... this is a discussion about the TV show ,so lets not drag it through the mud ok.

On a side note this is my % ratio of how each season was compared to the books.
    1st season-- 95% exactly like the book
    2nd season -- 80% like the book
    3rd season -- 65% like the book
    4th season -- less than 50% of what I watched was in the book.

There are still 2 books that need to be written and completed.
    Season1 was book 1 and the start of book 2
    Season2 was book2
    Season 3-4 encompass book 3 , they are stretching it out but they are making up their own story. One part of me hopes that the show starts to bomb so that the mutilation of Martin's works will stop. Another part of me knows that once the avalanche starts , you can only wait till its done.
    The thing that annoys me most is that instead of using all the material inthe books ,which would have been fine for 2 season per book, they are making up their own story and its not even half as good as the one they bought from the original writer.

i was trolling Tase, fellas...i have not read the books

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      i was trolling Tase, fellas...i have not read the books
      You trolled me in the process, Green K.

Comment

• Too bad this season is AWESOME!

So sorry to say to the bookie, but this season isn't bombing.

Comment

• Read the books.. the changes make it interesting..

I dont get what was wrong with the ending tho? Apart from it being creepy as phuck especially as my girl is giving birth in a few days.

The book readers complaining know that the likes of bran need these extra bits added.. otherwise some of them would be sitting things out till season 4..

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
            Read the books.. the changes make it interesting..

I dont get what was wrong with the ending tho? Apart from it being creepy as phuck especially as my girl is giving birth in a few days.

The book readers complaining know that the likes of bran need these extra bits added.. otherwise some of them would be sitting things out till season 4..
            The only people complaining about the ending are people who are mad something was spoiled that isn't in the books. Which is actually pretty funny considering how many book readers have gone out of their way to spoil the show for people.

I don't know why anyone would be upset with the scene itself. It was creepy and awesome and told us something about what will presumably be the main villains of the series. How is that not a good thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post
              Too bad this season is AWESOME!

So sorry to say to the bookie, but this season isn't bombing.
              It's been every bit as good as I'd hoped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Croyd View Post
                On a side note this is my % ratio of how each season was compared to the books.
                1st season-- 95% exactly like the book
                2nd season -- 80% like the book
                3rd season -- 65% like the book
                4th season -- less than 50% of what I watched was in the book.
                This was somewhat inevitable though. I'm sure you're aware of how complex things get by books 4/5. It's the main reason why it takes him forever to finish books now, even the minor plot lines are ridiculously detailed. I would say the 4th season has been more like 30% however.

Comment

• You can't say "OMG what have they done to George RR Martins masterpiece".....he intimately involved in the show. They do nothing without his approval. So if he's cool with the direction of the show, then so should anyone else.

I couldn't care less what is written in the books...this isn't history it's an imaginary story. I get angry when writers change a classic story/novel/ etc, like the changes the writers did to Troy, but if Homer was on the staff I'd be cool with it.

Comment

• books are better but the show isn't ruining it...where the logistics force you to deviate, I'm all for change.....Its when the solution for those logistic problems is crap that it irks me...look at the episodes by Martin, he penned a different Blackwater because of the budget, but it was still awesome ...the dwarf joust was unfilmable, but his solution with the dwarf reenaction of the war was awesome, just a different quality of writer really.......but nothing the other writers have made so far irks me all that much...Show is the best out there , and this season only gets better
                    Last edited by -Hyperion-; 04-29-2014, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I've had no problems with the translation from book to screen. It's been an epic undertaking and pure quality all the way through so far. People just like to complain about things I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X