The White Stripes Are Dead, U Mad?: Dedicated to MIB

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The White Stripes Are Dead, U Mad?: Dedicated to MIB

Since the coward won't let me post in his thread

I'm not mad, I expected them to end; it couldn't get more perfect and fitting of an ending than Under Great White Northern Lights.

With that, everything they needed to say together had been said.

And no band who ends on a document of that power was done ten years prior.

LOL, "coward".

Please understand, it's not personal.

It's just your 'opinion' is the laughable, telegraphed, token 'they did their best stuff on wax cylinder in 1897 when nobody knew who they were' kind of screed everybody's heard a million times; apart from denying any room or credit whatsoever for artistic development and reaching an audience, it was a disrespectful sour note in a fond remembrance thread.

Sorry, poseur. All I can suggest is you post more thoughtfully and listen to music with your ears/soul and not your affectations in future. =]

Comment

Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
      I'm not mad, I expected them to end; it couldn't get more perfect and fitting of an ending than Under Great White Northern Lights.

With that, everything they needed to say together had been said.

And no band who ends on a document of that power was done ten years prior.

LOL, "coward".

Please understand, it's not personal.

It's just your 'opinion' is the laughable, telegraphed, token 'they did their best stuff on wax cylinder in 1897 when nobody knew who they were' kind of screed everybody's heard a million times; apart from denying any room or credit whatsoever for artistic development and reaching an audience, it was a disrespectful sour note in a fond remembrance thread.

Sorry, poseur. All I can suggest is you post more thoughtfully and listen to music with your ears/soul and not your affectations in future. =]
      You mean my absolutely correct opinion that they drastically declined in quality about a decade ago? Their style was so different then (strongly blues-influenced) it's two different beasts, and you'd be a fool to deny it. I actually heard their transitional music around 2001 when they hit it big first, and their older work, which I only heard later on, surprised me by being well beyond any expectations I had of them. This in contrast to bands like Pavement, whose earliest work I hate despite being my favorite American band.

Admit it boy, you're nothing but a b1tch coward who can't stand the heat. You put me on ignore then write an essay to someone you previously said wasn't worth the time of such a superior, "cultured" individual. ****ing music*** wannabe hipster, go take your pseudo-intellectualism to the local coffee shop
      Last edited by Miburo; 02-10-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

MIB why you mad son? it's just the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
          You mean my absolutely correct opinion that they drastically declined in quality about a decade ago? Their style was so different then (strongly blues-influenced) it's two different beasts, and you'd be a fool to deny it. I actually heard their transitional music around 2001 when they hit it big first, and their older work, which I only heard later on, surprised me by being well beyond any expectations I had of them. This in contrast to bands like Pavement, whose earliest work I hate despite being my favorite American band. After Elephant (which was already showing decay) it was all downhill.

Admit it boy, you're nothing but a b1tch coward who can't stand the heat. You put me on ignore then write an essay to someone you previously said wasn't worth the time of such a superior, "cultured" individual. ****ing music*** wannabe hipster, go take your pseudo-intellectualism to the local coffee shop
          This opinion is not correct. They got better with each album.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
            This opinion is not correct. They got better with each album.
            You must not like that original blues-rock/alternative fusion they had going then, because they became increasingly less sparse and even a bit pop-influenced (or just plain ****-influenced otherwise). I liked White Blood Cells a great deal, but it already marked a stylistic transition. Btw, we have a term for people like you, it's 引き籠もり (hikikomori since I know you're illiterate). Look it up. Anglophone rock is 99% **** anyway

The point of this thread is about b1tchitude, not some has-beens.
            Last edited by Miburo; 02-10-2011, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I thought they always sucked...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                I thought they always sucked...
                I can accept that for the purposes of this thread

Comment

havent heard the older stuff but when they hit it big commerically their music was terrible...

panda was back in high school and every kid with a guitar would play seven nation army like it was an accomplishment

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    You must not like that original blues-rock/alternative fusion they had going then, because they became increasingly less sparse and even a bit pop-influenced (or just plain ****-influenced otherwise). I liked White Blood Cells a great deal, but it already marked a stylistic transition. Btw, we have a term for people like you, it's 引き籠もり (hikikomori since I know you're illiterate). Look it up. Anglophone rock is 99% **** anyway

The point of this thread is about b1tchitude, not some has-beens.
                    Elephant was their apex, Get behind me was Jack experimenting with some xylophones and Icky Thump was bad ass.

You're just a bitter ****.

If I wanted to learn Japanese, I'd fuck a Japanese chick. Go lament Japan's downfall at the hands of the Anglo's douchebag.

Comment

Working...
                    X