No announcement yet.

The White Stripes Are Dead, U Mad?: Dedicated to MIB

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
    don't leave man, lets talk stripes. This is probably my favorite band of all time and I wanna reminisce.

he's trying to be a ruiner for agitation, but deep down I know he likes them too.
    People love to gun for The Stripes for the sake of it, makes me dig them more. This guy might just be a clueless twat, though.

Did you see the Nova Scotia bonus disc from the Northern Lights set? Or the Canadian B-Shows LP Jack put out on Third Man?

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      Can you recommend me some good Japanese rock? I heard an album last year from a band called Ling Tosite Sigure which I enjoyed, and LITE are pretty good, but apart from that I'm completely "Anglo-blind".
      I got you covered bro.

Comment

Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
        People love to gun for The Stripes for the sake of it, makes me dig them more. This guy might just be a clueless twat, though.

Did you see the Nova Scotia bonus disc from the Northern Lights set? Or the Canadian B-Shows LP Jack put out on Third Man?
        No, I more or less stopped listening after Icky Thump cuz' Jacky boy started to mess around in all those other bands.

I saw the northern lights show by accident on showtime but I didn't have a good feeling watching it cuz' it seemed like they were running on fumes.

Comment

Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
          Are you ******ed?

I'm not making threads FAO this guy, take it up with him.

LOOOL, like you were putting on any heat. You offered a crappy one-liner 'opinion' that anyone can regurgitate. You call it "two different beasts", I (and anyone with a clue about art) calls it development. Fleetwood Mac is two (or 3 or 4) different beasts...you don't call one girl and one guy playing primal drums and guitar together for the best part of 15 years anything other than one beast, the beast just matures and develops and wussies and pseuds like you who want things to stay the same forever will always cry when the little indie band they think is their little secret either grows or blows up and does things big or both, that's just the way it is (they move on, but you can't, like a jilted ex).
          And you're either a cloth-eared **** or a ******, because they didn't become any less blues-influenced (as if that, by itself, is some great virtue), they just progressively broadened their spectrum of influence and expression.

Shows how much you know about where I'm coming from; I don't think there is even one true ATG studio album in their catalogue - my take was always that I'd take any Stripes live show from 1997-2003 over any of their studio LP's pre-GBMS. GBMS onward is where they come into their own as a studio act, their early LP's up to and including 'Elephant' never caught exactly what they were about, despite Jack's luddite zeal, they never caught the rawness, the power in the studio. When their records became more like studio records, that's when their recorded product began to interest me more, even if I don't ultimately rate them that highly as a studio entity on any of their albums.
          Ultimately, their Legacy is as a live act, period. I doubt you've even watched/heard Under Great White Northern Lights, but if you have and you still think the band had nothing to offer after 2003, if you can't see the common threads between then and now and the full-circle beauty and unity of the statement, you're a moron and you never dug the band for the right reasons in the first place.

Here's the heat right now. Only difference is, it's your thread that gets crapped up with it and not mine. Get it? Ripping you up is no skin off my nose.

Isn't Tengoshi the 30-something male who likes to hang around in teen chats talking to much younger guys, BTW? That's what I heard. LMAO.
          What the ****? Don't ever question if i'm ******ed. After analyzing all yourposts in this thread I think your the one with ****ing brain damage you piece of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
            No, I more or less stopped listening after Icky Thump cuz' Jacky boy started to mess around in all those other bands.

I saw the northern lights show by accident on showtime but I didn't have a good feeling watching it cuz' it seemed like they were running on fumes.
            Those materials are an essential part of the whole document, to me. The film only captures part of it.

Far as I'm concerned, that whole trip was the natural curtain-closer. That's why it's so funny that I'm supposed to be upset about the disbanding, I'm not in the least,

I'd never even been that attached to The White Stripes, wasn't predisposed to being a fan on the basis of their released product, always found them slightly unsatisfying on record; then I saw them at the Leadmill and was blown away by their power as a live act and as a whole conceptual swampy trip.
            That's where their Greatness lies, for me, not in any one studio album they ever did. The albums from GBMS on are more interesting because they're more like studio records, wholly seperate from the live entity, not bigger or smaller, but seperate, whereas the earlier records are more related to that performance beast, but paling next to it, feeling much smaller beneath it.

LOL at this,

"Japanese rock is so far beyond your **** you couldn't even comprehend it's originality. That's what you get for being an Anglo-blind douchebag with no knowledge of the world outside of what's put in front of your face."

You're the Japanese person talking about Japanese music.

Talk about whose sucking off what's put in front of their face.

I'm the (unknown nationality) person talking about pretty much everything else. A scan of my posts around should reveal how broadly listened I am by comparison to yours or many other standards. I just refuse to ignore or rail against what's put in front of my face for the sake of it; that would be limiting myself for the sake of adolescent posturing.

BTW, LOLLING again @ you overrating virtuosity or perceived complexity purely for its own sake; I can imagine what kind of masturbatory excuse for a musician you'd make.
            Besides which, the musicianship on any Stripes record is far from complex, in a surface way at least, and Jack has always been possessed of a heavyhanded, clumsy touch, so it's a completely moot point.

Prat.

BTW, that 'Still I Dream Of You' archival disc of Brian Wilson productions you guys put out is one of the most lovingly created, fawning, doting, drooling artefacts of worship for an American Music Genius I've ever had the privilege of owning. Nobody does that kind of a set anywhere near like you guys do it.
            By 'you guys', I mean Japanese people worshipping non-Japanese musicians like literal idols, throating them in the form of big thick deluxe booklets with devotional sweet nothings emblazoned in big letters on the inside pages.
            Only you guys could give that much love and reverence to the relatively disposable offcuts and side-projects of a musician from a whole other culture and country,

Japanese music must be so far and away ahead of everything else, right?

Comment

Please continue, both of you. I want this thread to stand as an all-time monument to trolling, with the two of you writing your own epitaph

Comment

MIB this aint no mother****ing English 101 with your long ass essays

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
                  MIB this aint no mother****ing English 101 with your long ass essays
                  It's not a designated one-line feeb-festival, either. So let's just all do our own things.

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
                  What the ****? Don't ever question if i'm ******ed. After analyzing all yourposts in this thread I think your the one with ****ing brain damage you piece of ****.
                  I know, you can't understand Teng's posts in this thread any more than you can decipher mine, but he's your b/f, so you gotta

Also, you're an adolescent know-nothing. Nobody cares what you think. Your fella cares what I think, though, because he's making threads for me to grandstand in, whereas I expelled his insignificant opinion from mine. LMAO.

Comment

i dont know why i never could get into the White Stripes

really have nothing against them or Jack's musical prowess

just not my thing.....think its Jacks voice.....doesnt fit well with the blue IMO

Comment

Yeah that's right b*tch give me a short comeback, i don't want to read a long ass ****ing 1000 word essay . ****ing **** get a life and stop caring so much about insulting people online. look at me. short and sweet. yea n*gga get on my level

Comment

Working...
                      X