No announcement yet.

NBA Thread - For basketball fans of Boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
    Magic vs. Lakers is a 50/50 IMO. Orlando beat us twice in some really exciting games.

But they would handle the Nuggets for sure in about 5 games, no disrespect.
    i agree. i think Orlando could take it though.

nothing is for sure and i wouldnt go that far. i think Denver could be more trouble for Orlando in a way.
    Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
    Props to the Magic. They deserved the win. Outplayed Cavs in the 4th. They wanted it bad.
    and OT.
    Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    God this series could have been a sweep if it wasn't for that goddamn shot in game 2.....
    thats what i was thinking even before game 4.
    Originally posted by The Fix View Post
    look at the magic-cavs series page on espn... take a look at the "expert picks". i lolled.
    i looked at it right before game one and even i thought that was a joke.
    Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
    People who think that regular season match ups are meaningless are completely wrong.

I picked the Cavs in 6 soley because of homecourt. Once they lost though I knew they would probably lose. I didn't think they would be able to get a game in Orlando.
    they dont always add up. thats why many dont hold much stock in it and neither do i. i wouldnt say meaningless but playoffs and regular season are two different beats.

even as a Magic fan i had Cleveland in 6 cause i thought they were the better team. i know Orlando gives em match-up problems but it still thought Cavs would pull this off. they still can but i highly doubt it now.
    Last edited by RULE; 05-27-2009, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• The refs did everything in their power that would allow Cleveland to win the game... and they still lost.

Comment

• at some other forum a CLE fan was saying that the 3 by Lewis in the 4th shouldnt of counted cause D-12 boxed out Wallace that sent him out of bounds and out of the play. lol. looking for anything i guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by 'twas_fixed View Post
          The refs did everything in their power that would allow Cleveland to win the game... and they still lost.

It's nice to see someone not from orlando say that. I didn't want to be a biased dick just thinking that at the end of regulation the refs tried their damndest to give the game to Clevland or at least keep the Magic from winning it outside of stellar merit. I think this type of victory, in spite of the best/worst efforts of the refs will stregthen Orlando's resolve.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeartAttack View Post
            It's nice to see someone not from orlando say that. I didn't want to be a biased dick just thinking that at the end of regulation the refs tried their damndest to give the game to Clevland or at least keep the Magic from winning it outside of stellar merit. I think this type of victory, in spite of the best/worst efforts of the refs will stregthen Orlando's resolve.
            i was on a board where im the only Magic fan that gets sick of LeBron being favored. dont hate the guy i just dont like the favortism he gets.

Comment

• basketball is a team sport as the playoffs have shown us.

Comment

• Lebron had 5 TO's in OT...choke

I really like Lebron but ESPN and other news outlets are on his jock far too much

Lebron can watch at home while his olympic buddies Kobe and Dwight battle it out for the ring

Comment

• I'm really shocked by the outcome between Cavs and Magic, I thought it would be another clean sweep for the Cavs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
                    I'm really shocked by the outcome between Cavs and Magic, I thought it would be another clean sweep for the Cavs.
                    LOL this is conference final..

Comment

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
                      I'm really shocked by the outcome between Cavs and Magic, I thought it would be another clean sweep for the Cavs.
                      ya gotta be kidding me. a sweep. i knew that wasnt gonna happen. Orlando has played against them pretty well throughout the whole season. i had Cleveland winning but no way am i shocked. a bit surprised at the most with a 3-1 lead.

just shows how much credit/respect Orlando has gotten. a lot or most didnt even think they would beat Boston. people gotta stop reading and going by what the media or the "experts" picks and watch the game themselves. any NBA fan who watches the game should of known it was gonna be tough for the Cavs. this isnt the golden oldie Pistons or the hopeless Hawks.

this reminds me of some Laker fans i know saying they were just gonna run through Houston with a sweep. they got taken to 7 and the Rockets didnt even Yao)only a game or two). they came through which is what matters at least.
                      Last edited by RULE; 05-27-2009, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X