Collapse
No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we should go out and get Gerald Green or KJ Mcdaniels, thoughts???

Lineup wouldn't be a total **** show if we signed Green.

PG: Clarkson, Russell
    SG: Kobe, J Brown
    SF: Green, Young, A Brown
    PF: Randle, Kelly, Nance Jr
    C: Hibbert, Black, Sacre, Upshaw
    Last edited by 4Corners; 07-05-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I think we should go out and get Gerald Green or KJ Mcdaniels, thoughts???

clarkson will start at 2, kobe at 3.

byron already said it.

man..... ed davis still here would have been sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I think we should go out and get Gerald Green or KJ Mcdaniels, thoughts???

i like it but Russell Must start Day 1, get his feet wet. Got to get those 2 at PG in actually, get the chemistry going, Splash Bros 2.0ish

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          clarkson will start at 2, kobe at 3.

byron already said it.

man..... ed davis still here would have been sweet.
          Lakers really stepped on it on that one. Maybe the predator comes back tho...

Comment

• Originally posted by Too_Slick View Post
            Lakers really stepped on it on that one. Maybe the predator comes back tho...
            we couldn't offer him a contract.

23 mill cap space.

20 mill offered to LaMeAss.

Comment

we couldn't offer him a contract.

23 mill cap space.

20 mill offered to LaMeAss.
              Lakers are idiots this go around. Once they heard that Aldridge wasn't impressed with the meeting, they should've moved on.

Sign Ed Davis, it was only like 6-7M a year. He can give you the EXACT SAME production as Robin Lopez at half the price as it turns out. They ****ed up there. I would've also tried to shed Nick Young's contract. I feel like they could've, which would've opened up like 6 more million.

So we'd have like 10 million left after signing Davis and bringing on Hibbert. Enough to snatch up Green and/or possibly go after Mcdaniels.

That would've been my plan once we all knew Aldridge wasn't coming.

Comment

• Little over-hyping.

Rondo, Nash, Stockton... Let's not get carried away now.

Still, to me, Russell looks like Brandon Roy. Even measures up, physically, almost exactly like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Little over-hyping.

Rondo, Nash, Stockton... Let's not get carried away now.

Still, to me, Russell looks like Brandon Roy. Even measures up, physically, almost exactly like him.
                  That's high praise coming from someone who never coached him. Would he say that if he had coached him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners;15848099[SIZE="3"
                    ]Lakers are idiots this go around. Once they heard that Aldridge wasn't impressed with the meeting, they should've moved on.
                    [/SIZE]
                    Sign Ed Davis, it was only like 6-7M a year. He can give you the EXACT SAME production as Robin Lopez at half the price as it turns out. They ****ed up there. I would've also tried to shed Nick Young's contract. I feel like they could've, which would've opened up like 6 more million.

So we'd have like 10 million left after signing Davis and bringing on Hibbert. Enough to snatch up Green and/or possibly go after Mcdaniels.

That would've been my plan once we all knew Aldridge wasn't coming.
                    Exactly. That's why I consider this FA summer a failure. Instead of focusing on solid players to build a foundation the Lakers picked up an expensive 1 year rental which does nothing for the future of the team. They could have retained Davis for much less and groundwork for the future. What makes it worse is Davis wanted to stay. No player is going to sit around and wait while they chase a pipe dream.

Comment

we couldn't offer ED anything because we were waiting on LaMeAss.

our cap space was like 23M. we needed 20M for LaMistAke.

gonna miss ed. fool is solid.
                      That was the mistake. Waiting on Aldridge was stupid. It was a long shot to begin with. They should have been making moves not waiting on a player who was unimpressed with the first presentation. The second meeting was a total waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X