Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Guys Here Who Love To Cook, Grill, Smoke ETC.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom and sisters think I’m a savage… I killed a Turkey and cleaned it up,,, deep fried and I ate alone..

also, in Mexico I ate a lamb I butchered… good tacos
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

I'd rather smoke and bake.................Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'; 09-15-2021, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Oh yeah, been a chef, really enjoy cooking. I agree with New England about grilling... It has eye appeal, it smells really nice... But it truly beats the meat so to speak...

Slow cooking for bbq, the purists do not even let fire touch the meat

Yep. I agree. Low and slow is the best. Even low and slow simmering in a pot. I followed an oxtail recipe a few times where you just simmer it for several hours. Came out absolutely incredible. The meat just sliding off the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post

nice a chef. good shet bro.
          Tough nut to crack lol. I don't know how any restaurants survive with food costs these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Yep. I agree. Low and slow is the best. Even low and slow simmering in a pot. I followed an oxtail recipe a few times where you just simmer it for several hours. Came out absolutely incredible. The meat just sliding off the bone.
            Wonderful dish... brisket and oxtail used to be cheap lol... tuna was also a garbage fish... not these days!

travestyny travestyny Mike D Mike D like this.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

Looks good. Pork cheeks? First time I heard of that. lol. Damn. The things we do to those pigs.
              It does seem absurd lol. But I embrace it... if an animal must be slaughtered I feel better not wasting a thing. Would eat parts of pig unmentionable rather than kill an exotic game animal to taste.

Pigs are intelligent and that haunts me... I can't be picky because my wife and both boys are thin and eat very few things lol. If it was me I would eat fish and chicken and little else meat wise.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Wonderful dish... brisket and oxtail used to be cheap lol... tuna was also a garbage fish... not these days!
                Crab and lobster too, I believe. I read somewhere that it was considered bottom of the barrel and given to peasants, prisoners and slaves. Chilean sea bass was also a fish that was basically "rebranded" at some point. It used to be cheap. But then somewhere along the line they renamed it (from Patagonian toothfish to "Chilean sea bass"), and now it's one of the more pricier, luxury fishes you can eat at a restaurant.

Strange how all this works, isn't it?

Comment

Crab and lobster too, I believe. I read somewhere that it was considered bottom of the barrel and given to peasants, prisoners and slaves. Chilean sea bass was also a fish that was basically "rebranded" at some point. It used to be cheap. But then somewhere along the line they renamed it (from Patagonian toothfish to "Chilean sea bass"), and now it's one of the more pricier, luxury fishes you can eat at a restaurant.

Great point... another fine example: many fish called snapper today. Originally was a red fish from New Orleans, maybe a few more species...
                  Louisiana gulf red fish is fantastic... many purists think a boullabase made with this fish is a rival to the original in Marseilles france.

A few years back you could get it at Safeway...
                  Mike D Mike D likes this.

Comment

Or on the west here we have "Atlantic salmon" aka disgusting poison farmed fish. Doesn't matter if it's from Chile, Norway or Canada, do not consume. Actually maybe especially if it's from Norway as those are allegedly the worst.

Comment

not really

Comment

Working...
                      X