This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I don't mind VAR in itself but like StarshipTrooper said, it's the way they put it into practice. If you're going to count a fingernail as 'offsides' then it has to stay consistently that way. Can't make it onside because it's Harry Kane.
    People say get rid off the other decisions and just leave offsides but they need to go as well.

There is absolutely no way we know if these players are 100% offside based on the technology we have. That is consistency of where cameras are placed and frames per second.

Even in terms of is it offside when the contact with the ball is made or there is some seperation between foot and ball. So to have some ref arse around with lines and t-shirt lines I find an embarrassment and fundamentally against the point of the game.

I just don't trust the system to be unbias. Werner is basically a simpleton and struggled mightily to time his runs but sometimes he did. I think realistically he had at least 10 goals ruled out for Chelsea that should have stood. An issue occured where his reputation preceeded him and his 'goals' were cross examined to the nth degree. He had some bizarre ones ruled out.

Conversely, Liverpool gained a reputation for a high line and an offside trap. So there was a confirmation bias there with them. Chelsea are liable to be robbed against Liverpool purely because of this. Werner and Lukaku have both scored vs Liverpool in recent times and got goals ruled out for even on the worst frame selected dont look offside.

Every advantage needs to be given for the attackers. It is easier to stop a goal than to score.

VAR works on the basis from whether they can rule a goal out when it should work on the basis of whether they can award it
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-12-2022, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

People say get rid off the other decisions and just leave offsides but they need to go as well.

There is absolutely no way we know if these players are 100% offside based on the technology we have. That is consistency of where cameras are placed and frames per second.

Even in terms of is it offside when the contact with the ball is made or there is some seperation between foot and ball. So to have some ref arse around with lines and t-shirt lines I find an embarrassment and fundamentally against the point of the game.

I just don't trust the system to be unbias. Werner is basically a simpleton and struggled mightily to time his runs but sometimes he did. I think realistically he had at least 10 goals ruled for Chelsea that should have stood. An issue occured where he reputation preceeded him and his 'goals' were cross examined to the nth degree.

Every advantage needs to be given for the attackers. It is easier to stop a goal than to score.

VAR works on the basis from whether they can rule a goal out when it should work on the basis of whether they can award it
      Arsenal will still be undefeated if not for var raising its ugly head at old Trafford

Comment

• Bayern - Barcelona later today.

Comment

• man boehly really digging himself deeper with this outspoken rubbish. really going to put chelsea in a bad place but more worrying is that it will make more people think they can get away with taking over teams and doing what they like with them. forget about the super league, we are going to be playing 7 aside with dedicated offense and defense and not be able to play it backwards.
          Last edited by KDallday41; 09-14-2022, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• Bayern up 1-0

Comment

• Bayern up 2-0 Sane

Comment

• Bayern has a whammy on Barca. This is the worst B-M team in years and the best Barca team in at least 5 and they STILL can't beat them. It's got to be psychological

Comment

• Aubameyang out of the lineup today for the Chels. Grapevine says he's not match fit.

Scratch that: He's starting in the 9, Mount moves back to the 10. Not crazy about Azpi starting. Not really mobile anymore. Would have started Fofana instead.
                  Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 09-14-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• This goal by Halland is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen

Damn

Comment

• Azpi starting games at the moment is beyond my comprehension.

Spent £100 million on centre halves but play a natural right back who is absolutely shot to pieces.

Speaks to a massive lack of backbone and leadership in the squad.

Him not spotting the runner and being caught on his heels wasnt the worst mistake in that goal but he can't defend. He can't really run and he can't pass.

At some point you have to accept a man is finished as a useful Chelsea player.

Lack of joined up thinking hasnt spotted this in players like Azpi, Ziyech, Pulisic, Jorginho, Kante, and RLC.

For different reasons none of these guys should be at Chelsea. They need a fresh start and we would improve possibly with exception of a crocked Kante (plays well once sometimes) if the simply went on strike.

Chelsea are gonna finish 10th.

Nothing team. Not sure it can be fixed this season.

No more band aids. Boehly is doing great but needs to sort out the back office.

The team are a bit s.hit. I am not sure how we have spent so much. I can see them lose a bunch of games
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-14-2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X