X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea-Milan in 15 minutes

Comment

• Chelsea were good. Milan were dire.

Went into that game not wanting to run really.

RLC in an alternate life is the best midfielder in serie A. Utterly dominant again Juventus last year and AC Milan this year.

I dunno if they had a midfielder missing but he was rag dolling them all night long.

Such a talented player but my faith in him doing that again against Wolves is literally zero. Wolves will get into him.

Glad we won easily.

James was a boss.
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-05-2022, 04:35 PM.
      StarshipTrooper StarshipTrooper likes this.

Comment

• So today Chelsea had - James, Mount, RLC, Chalobah, Broja, Gallagher and Tomori on that pitch. Along with Tammy who is playing at a good level too and hopefully Livramento to get back from injury and keep getting better. Even old Christensen who joined in mid teens is an academy product. Even Musiala at Bayern is an academy product. I am pretty sure Olise at Palace probably is too. Then Lamptey another. Gilmour is a bit of a Christensen but still. Then there is Guehi another England international. Rice another.

Even flipping Pulisic was found aged 8.

I can be negative but that is incredible. The best in world football by an enormous margin.

Maybe the pipeline is running dryer now but that Chelsea academy has been sensational.

I am not so sure that Neil Bath shouldnt be a director of football at Chelsea. Essentially he has galvanised these players and honed them because he has been the constant.

One of modern football's greatest minds. Through all the madness he has basically kept that academy relevent and powerful.

American owners should have an understanding of his value. It is like having a guy that gets kids from the age of 8 develops a no1 draft pick basically every season of all the young talent in the country. So while the kids have talent it is not really just them. It is the culture and the coaching.

And if they have doubts...they will buy who they think might be...

No guarantees of course but in a world were Drinkwater costs £35 million. Why not?

So whilst the next Haaland might spring up anywhere the next Reece James will consistently spring up at Chelsea.

We could Bilbao the premiership and only play players born in London alone if we wanted to and finish top 10 i in the premier league if that was a target.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-05-2022, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Good win for the England woman's team but the highlight was when US were awarded a pen for having a shot that hit Lauren Hemp flush on the arse.

Her arms were literally the other side of her body.

VAR is awful but imagine if that was a pen. Farcical refereeing. I know it can't be easy but imagine giving a pen for that. Giving a goal essentially for that?

What is the thought process there? Essentially she wanted the US to equalise because she felt the offside call was probably harsh/wrong. Still essentially match fixing though that. VAR bailed her out of an investigation.

I wonder if we git such bad refs because who would do it? The standard is so low though. Especially in England.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-07-2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Good win for the England woman's team but the highlight was when US were awarded a pen for having a shot that hit Lauren Hemp flush on the arse.

Her arms were literally the other side of her body.

VAR is awful but imagine if that was a pen. Farcical refereeing. I know it can't be easy but imagine giving a pen for that. Giving a goal essentially for that?

What is the thought process there? Essentially she wanted the US to equalise because she felt the offside call was probably harsh/wrong. Still essentially match fixing though that. VAR bailed her out of an investigation.

I wonder if we git such bad refs because who would do it? The standard is so low though. Especially in England.
            Honestly, I hear fans of every league saying the exact same things.....and they all think it's only their league. I'm in a couple of MLS team groups and they all think Premier League officiating is pristine perfect compared to MLS.....I can only presume they don't watch Premier League if they come to that conclusion.

Comment

• Trevor Chalobah's Chelsea win percentage must be all time levels.

Never lost a prem game with him starting

Comment

• Which is baffling why Tuchel inexplicably dropped him. Like Frank inexplicably dropped Tomori.

Look at that though.Pulisic starts. Plays as a winger. Scores. Mount starts. Plays as a CAM. Stunning. Just as I said. Best players, best positions, all the time.

Part of me wishes I'd have taken that degree to manage sports. Could've done an internship with Everton by now.

Comment

• Saka to put Arsenal back up 2-1

Comment

• Saka from the penalty spot to put Arsenal up 3-2.

Comment

• I'm watching Everton vs ManU on Bt sport

Bt have a female commentator now?

Comment

Working...
                      X