Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one thing I am taken aback by is how Potter did a masters in Emotional Intelligence.

Imagine that as a masters, lol.

Good luck to him. It is an astute pick as long as they are patient.

Contrary to popular belief Chelsea fans ARE patient. Especially the match going ones. You will rarely if ever hear Chelsea booed of a pitch and like I said at home i particular they have been serving up some pretty tedious stuff and drawing and losing more than they win in the league.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-08-2022, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• England acting a fool, so I am watching Bayern at the moment.

Comment

• Ronaldo couldn't even score in Europa league play lmao. Talk about washed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post

Larry, I used to be dismissive of the sport, now it's my favorite. Watched it with an open mind and got hooked
          In terms of moments of pure euphoria football gives the most.

You need the lulls to reach the highs.

That said VAR is a crime against the game for this reason. An absolute crime. Elite level football is half as good as it was.

Comment

• Surely VAR makes certain they get it right, instead of generating fake euphoria off an offsides or a handball or something?
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 09-11-2022, 04:05 PM.
            siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

In terms of moments of pure euphoria football gives the most.

You need the lulls to reach the highs.

That said VAR is a crime against the game for this reason. An absolute crime. Elite level football is half as good as it was.
              I like the idea of VAR, but I think how it's been put into practice is an abomination.....to the point where I'm wondering if the officials are deliberately sabotaging it

Comment

• I don't mind VAR in itself but like StarshipTrooper said, it's the way they put it into practice. If you're going to count a fingernail as 'offsides' then it has to stay consistently that way. Can't make it onside because it's Harry Kane.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  I don't mind VAR in itself but like StarshipTrooper said, it's the way they put it into practice. If you're going to count a fingernail as 'offsides' then it has to stay consistently that way. Can't make it onside because it's Harry Kane.
                  People say get rid off the other decisions and just leave offsides but they need to go as well.

There is absolutely no way we know if these players are 100% offside based on the technology we have. That is consistency of where cameras are placed and frames per second.

Even in terms of is it offside when the contact with the ball is made or there is some seperation between foot and ball. So to have some ref arse around with lines and t-shirt lines I find an embarrassment and fundamentally against the point of the game.

I just don't trust the system to be unbias. Werner is basically a simpleton and struggled mightily to time his runs but sometimes he did. I think realistically he had at least 10 goals ruled out for Chelsea that should have stood. An issue occured where his reputation preceeded him and his 'goals' were cross examined to the nth degree. He had some bizarre ones ruled out.

Conversely, Liverpool gained a reputation for a high line and an offside trap. So there was a confirmation bias there with them. Chelsea are liable to be robbed against Liverpool purely because of this. Werner and Lukaku have both scored vs Liverpool in recent times and got goals ruled out for even on the worst frame selected dont look offside.

Every advantage needs to be given for the attackers. It is easier to stop a goal than to score.

VAR works on the basis from whether they can rule a goal out when it should work on the basis of whether they can award it
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-12-2022, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

People say get rid off the other decisions and just leave offsides but they need to go as well.

There is absolutely no way we know if these players are 100% offside based on the technology we have. That is consistency of where cameras are placed and frames per second.

Even in terms of is it offside when the contact with the ball is made or there is some seperation between foot and ball. So to have some ref arse around with lines and t-shirt lines I find an embarrassment and fundamentally against the point of the game.

I just don't trust the system to be unbias. Werner is basically a simpleton and struggled mightily to time his runs but sometimes he did. I think realistically he had at least 10 goals ruled for Chelsea that should have stood. An issue occured where he reputation preceeded him and his 'goals' were cross examined to the nth degree.

Every advantage needs to be given for the attackers. It is easier to stop a goal than to score.

VAR works on the basis from whether they can rule a goal out when it should work on the basis of whether they can award it
                    Arsenal will still be undefeated if not for var raising its ugly head at old Trafford

Comment

• Bayern - Barcelona later today.

Comment

Working...
                      X