This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Mate I've played football manager. It's important.
    If you play an outfield player in goal you will get found out like, lol.

In short the top teams are top because they have top players. Chelsea somewhat disproved that basic logic this season to such an extent nobody even thinks they're even particularly good players any more.

Hazard 1 assist and no goals in 30 games. What an absolute ****.

Comment

• Makelele was better than Biscuits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Makelele was better than Biscuits.
        Sure, Essien too...

Comment

• Essien was a different kind of player and with a pretty short prime after doing his cruciate twice. He was shot by 28.

I can't think of a comparison with a prime Essien - he was unique.

Comment

• Essien was top notch.

I remember being glad he signed for Chelsea at the time as i thought he was the perfect replacement for Vieira lol

Comment

• Stoke got the Jordon Ibeyyy D

Comment

• There is actually a Zidane-Busquets debate? Why? One has been managing primadonna Real Madrid youths for years while the other was still wearing a kit. Why wouldn't they go with the guy who they've been grooming for this role for years now? Coaching in any big money professional sport is more about managing personalities than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  Essien was top notch.

I remember being glad he signed for Chelsea at the time as i thought he was the perfect replacement for Vieira lol
                  Haha same but for Utd not getting him.

Iirc he was very close to signing for Utd?

Remember seeing him for Lyon in the CL and he was an absolute monster of a player. Had it all. What a player before the injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Haha same but for Utd not getting him.

Iirc he was very close to signing for Utd?

Remember seeing him for Lyon in the CL and he was an absolute monster of a player. Had it all. What a player before the injuries.
                    Yeah that's how i recall it. The Keane replacement. It seemed like every top player United were linked with at that time Chelsea just outbid them for lol

Robben was another.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      Yeah that's how i recall it. The Keane replacement. It seemed like every top player United were linked with at that time Chelsea just outbid them for lol

Robben was another.
                      Remember Chelsea and Utd going to war over a teenage future superstar of the name John Obi Mikel?

I remember thinking this kid must be the second coming of Zidane the way they were battling it out for him. Funny looking back at it now.

Comment

Working...
                      X