Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International week is boring, who want's a fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
      International week is boring, who want's a fight?
      Bring it...

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        Does anyone see England going further then the 2nd round? probably gonna finish 2nd in the group and get a decent team after.. Belgium are pretty similar to us though.. big time bottle jobs..

Imagine if we lose to Tunisia or Panama good lord

I think Sparked's right though not sure how the South American sides will like Russia.. all though there is quite a few Brazilians playing around that part of the world these days
        England will probably beat Belgium imo. I'd be surprised if Belgium did anything other than humiliate themselves.

Apart from Naingolan all those Belgies are fragile. KDB is riding a crest of the wave but let's see him surrounded by his countrymen at a big tourney

Comment

• 7-1
          7-1
          7-1
          7-1
          7–1
          7-1
          7-1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            England will probably beat Belgium imo. I'd be surprised if Belgium did anything other than humiliate themselves.

Apart from Naingolan all those Belgies are fragile. KDB is riding a crest of the wave but let's see him surrounded by his countrymen at a big tourney
            I agree on Belgium. They've had the team to go deep in the last 3 tournaments, in which time they've beat no one and done nothing.

Their front 6 is something like Dembele-Nainggollan-KDB-Mertens-Hazard-Lukaku. That has absolutely every type of player you could want from a front 6.

I'm sure international breaks are getting more and more boring each time btw. Maybe my levels of interest are correlating with how bad England are doing or how well City are doing, I dunno. At the moment I'm not really arsed about the world cup which is odd for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              I agree on Belgium. They've had the team to go deep in the last 3 tournaments, in which time they've beat no one and done nothing.

Their front 6 is something like Dembele-Nainggollan-KDB-Mertens-Hazard-Lukaku. That has absolutely every type of player you could want from a front 6.

I'm sure international breaks are getting more and more boring each time btw. Maybe my levels of interest are correlating with how bad England are doing or how well City are doing, I dunno. At the moment I'm not really arsed about the world cup which is odd for me.
              I do love a World Cup tbh.

I'd probably enjoy it more if England weren't in it. But really we should beat Tunisia and Panama so there is at least the chance of 4 games in this tournament. And if they win the group they might even get someone they can beat in the 2nd round and get to 5 games.

But you never know - they do find ways of humiliating themselves further. Panama looks like a potential rock bottom.

If England get to the quarters that will be back to normal tbh. At that stage they will meet Germany, Spain, France, Brazil, or Argentina and they would not be able to beat any of those teams if they played them every day for the next year.

I don't think anyone would have any issues if they reach the quarters.

That Panama game though. That could surpass Iceland. If we lose I wont watch them anymore.

I know that seems fair weather but if you support an established premier league club I just don't think there is anything appealing about International Footy. The games in the main are slow and the only fun in the tournaments but even then mainly the World Cup which they are trying to ruin by putting 48 teams in it.

It is fans of your Gillinghams, Shrewsburys, Rochdales, Plymouths who are PROPER fans of the England team.

Comment

• Well yeah lets be honest if you said Iceland would beat AND knock out an England team before the last Euros.. you'd laugh your ass off.. So losing too Panama is not so unlikely as we think.

Growing up i was used to England going out vs the Germans, Portuguese.. Brazil.. Italy etc.. At the last Euros i didn't think we could fall any further.. then we employed Gareth Southgate

I don't watch Friendlies or Qualifiers anymore but if we go out in the group phase at this World Cup i won't even watch us in major tournaments anymore either.. This country sucks anyway.. can't wait to leave

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post

Na United have been awful.. and honestly outside of an FA cup semi final don't have anything to look forward too.. and i am still begging for this international crap to be over

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    I do love a World Cup tbh.

I'd probably enjoy it more if England weren't in it. But really we should beat Tunisia and Panama so there is at least the chance of 4 games in this tournament. And if they win the group they might even get someone they can beat in the 2nd round and get to 5 games.

But you never know - they do find ways of humiliating themselves further. Panama looks like a potential rock bottom.

If England get to the quarters that will be back to normal tbh. At that stage they will meet Germany, Spain, France, Brazil, or Argentina and they would not be able to beat any of those teams if they played them every day for the next year.

I don't think anyone would have any issues if they reach the quarters.

That Panama game though. That could surpass Iceland. If we lose I wont watch them anymore.

I know that seems fair weather but if you support an established premier league club I just don't think there is anything appealing about International Footy. The games in the main are slow and the only fun in the tournaments but even then mainly the World Cup which they are trying to ruin by putting 48 teams in it.

It is fans of your Gillinghams, Shrewsburys, Rochdales, Plymouths who are PROPER fans of the England team.

Panama has improved a lot in the past few years, with a lot of their players playing outside their own country.
                    They should still be no problem for England though. As long as they're prepared to play a team that will park the bus, and play for a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      Panama has improved a lot in the past few years, with a lot of their players playing outside their own country.
                      They should still be no problem for England though. As long as they're prepared to play a team that will park the bus, and play for a draw.
                      English players are traditionally quite poor if you give them too much time to think.

On another note, is that lad who put Man U out of the CL Tunisian?

Comment

Working...
                      X