Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Percentage wise how positive are you that God does not exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    why did god gives us freewill?
    If you'd like to know Scriptures explanation, you might not like what it has to say. Might even push you farther away from it.
    We were created for His pleasure, to worship Him. Choice is at the core of worship. If it wasn't, it wouldn't give US or HIM pleasure.

Difficult to accept for anyone, cause it requires submission.

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    when u find out u tell me it seems we are just like building blocks to him and when we cannot fit in anymore he burns and throws us away.

Congrats, you've moved from questioning the existence of God to questioning the way He rules.
    If you disagree, what does that prove?

Originally posted by GreatJoe View Post
    Seeing is believing, If I see him, I will believe he exists. Same goes for others.
    People WOULDN'T believe I would have saw him, but that WOULDN'T stop me from believing.
    have faith in something I cannot see...
    According to Scripture, Jesus understood what you're saying:
    "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."
    John 4:48

His ultimate 'miraculous' sign was called the 'sign of Jonah' which was to rise from the dead.
    But people don't even believe in that.
    He said: If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' Luke 16:31

Scripture records Jesus saying if you hear him, it's like hearing God:
    Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
    Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work." John 14:8
    Seeing is NOT believing. There were doubters in Jesus' day that said the same thing.
    It required faith EVEN AFTER 'seeing'.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

ppl can kill and do all manner of evil because Jesus died for our sins so no matter what degree of evil we do Jesus has died for our sins so all of us will be in heaven so dont worry about being a good person on earth.
    Not according to Scripture:
    As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:25-26

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    I, personally, don't condemn or hold it against anyone having a religious faith as it is their given right to worship in peace.
    ...they always seem to get stumped when others bring up the statement that if God is so Loving, and not only that but Unconditionally Loving, and forgiving, why would He create something Knowing, mind you, that that creation is sinful by nature and faulty in its judgment, to then have to punish it by death because it didn't obey the commands set forth.

That one stumps everyone.
    You'll ALWAYS be able to find new fuel for a stronger doubt.
    Here let me give you a stupid quicky to add to your library:
    "Can God create a Rock big enough for Him to NOT be able to lift? Yes, then He's not God, No, then he's not God"

Stump everyone? Only if you stop researching.
    Find a 'clever' question that can't be answered without study, and ease your conscience into comfort.
    I've been there.

If I answered your "STUMPING" question, you'd immediately rebut with more. Correct?
    What I'm about to say will sound disgusting, typical, presumptuous, etc. It's a lot of the main reasons why people
    keep far from Scripture.

If there is a God, then wouldn't all of creation center around Him? Including the nature we're created in?
    If we're born 'sinful in nature', wouldn't that require a saviour of some sort? If we're, what's that 'NASTY' word..."redeemed", wouldn't we be THANKFUL enough to worship this GOD?

Might leave a bitter taste in your mouth, I know, but that's because we ALL sit on the throne of our own lives, and believing in these kind of concepts requires something VERY uncomfortable to ANYONE....submission.
    Last edited by anonymousboxing; 02-05-2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Freewill isn't free. It comes with external contraints.

Comment

• If God's real then he ****ed me over real nice to if he is real **** him but I am 100% sure he's fake.

Comment

• How can one say that God exists when no one even knows what this God is? Not one of us alive have ever met or interviewed it. Now one can make the claim that because no one has seen it that God does not exist. That claim within itself is pure speculation.

God exists in truth determined only by your perception. The next man can change it by his very own admission that God does not exist. For that truth which you perceive lies in the mind of only the person perceiving it. Man manifests his own thoughts and that is his primary proof of his existence.

You are attempting to define what you perceive truth to be, but you can't make the argument for all, only yourself. That is why truth is relative; it changes with each individual. Truth is formed from perception based knowledge and wisdom combined. While knowledge is based on facts, wisdom is the application of those facts. Facts are something that has an actual existence, an actual occurrence, a piece of information presented as having objective reality. When the facts change, so does the truth built around those facts.

With the Bible, Quran, Torah, ect., man forms a truth based on those writings. Without them, man forms his truth from another source possibly believing in no God at all. The only reason you say God exists is because someone or something influenced you to believe that forming your perception of what you consider to be true. If these religious texts never existed, then how absolute would your truth be? You are under the law of knowing developed from assumptions assuming that whomever wrote these texts were indeed experiencing the things they wrote about. For if it were all made up, then your truth would be formed from fallacies, making your truth a lie and no longer absolute.

Comment

• 80% that he doesn't exsist. If he did really exist why did he make cancer? Or AIDS? And what about the millions of people straving to death in Africa? If there was a God would he just sit up there and watch them starve to death. No. He would surely do something. And what about Global Warming? If he was there I'm sure he could remove it with a click of his fingers or whatever he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
              God exists in truth determined only by your perception. The next man can change it by his very own admission that God does not exist. For that truth which you perceive lies in the mind of only the person perceiving it. ...
              Am I wrong assuming you're addressing me?

There is nothing I can say that will suddenly flip your thinking Amigo.
              I can NOT bring you to a sudden 'aha' moment. If you're set on arguing against the concept of God, by all means you will find people before and after my post that will support you with new material.

But I don't think it's impossible for someone to go from Atheist to Theist. In a span of 4 years I've seen it happen to a hard to the core athiest friend of mine. It's just stages to deal with ONLY if you're open to the possibility.

This argument you bring up is an old concept.
              You've probably heard it like this:
              If a tree falls in a forrest and no one is around to hear it fall, does it make a sound?
              Or does it make a sound ONLY because someone was there to hear it?

Does our 'perception' of hearing create the sound or does it make a sound on its own?

If you believe the sound is created by our perception, than you can say that God is ALSO created by our perception.

But if you can believe that the sound happens regardless of whether or not anyone is there to hear it, then you might also be able to accept that truth isn't controlled by our perception.

Don't mean to sound like a typical 'know it all' type of person, but I've been down the road of questioning everything.
              Last edited by anonymousboxing; 02-05-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymousboxing View Post
                Am I wrong assuming you're addressing me?

There is nothing I can say that will suddenly flip your thinking Amigo.
                I can NOT bring you to a sudden 'aha' moment. If you're set on arguing against the concept of God, by all means you will find people before and after my post that will support you with new material.

But I don't think it's impossible for someone to go from Atheist to Theist. In a span of 4 years I've seen it happen to a hard to the core athiest friend of mine. It's just stages to deal with ONLY if you're open to the possibility.

This argument you bring up is an old concept.
                You've probably heard it like this:
                If a tree falls in a forrest and no one is around to hear it fall, does it make a sound?
                Or does it make a sound ONLY because someone was there to hear it?

Does our 'perception' of hearing create the sound or does it make a sound on its own?

If you believe the sound is created by our perception, than you can say that God is ALSO created by our perception.

But if you can believe that the sound happens regardless of whether or not anyone is there to hear it, then you might also be able to accept that truth isn't controlled by our perception.

Don't mean to sound like a typical 'know it all' type of person, but I've been down the road of questioning everything.

God is merely a title, a title for the source of all life (i.e. human life, plant life, and planetary life). The concept of God is absolutely beyond human comprehension.

When you say, "God", which God are you referring to? The Biblical God, God of Islam, Ancient Greeks, ect. And since you believe the existence of this God to be the truth, explain why and what influenced you to believe that. It is my guess that if you were born thousands of years ago in another country let's say perhaps Greece or Rome, your beliefs would be different.

Comment

• I'm 100% certain that a big explosion created the world we live in today.....I have a video on my camcorder

Comment

• Yes, we are created for one use only and that is to worship God.

Comment

Working...
                    X