Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Percentage wise how positive are you that God does not exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    nope, thats the truth. the Quran states many times that if you do not convert to islam, you should die. I know because one of my friends grew up muslim but he doesn't follow the religion anymore.
    I've read the Qur'an and it doesn't state that. According to the Qur'an, it's a sin if you can't respect other religions so I don't know what kind of ******ed friends you have...
    I'm an atheist BTW, and I've read most of the Bible and the Qur'an...

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatJoe View Post
      Don't you get it? what better way to make people behave, e.g keep law and order. than to say there is this "god" watching you.

Oh yea, be good all you life dont do anything wrong and you will go to a paradise. What a load of ****, SOMEONE e.g. a GOVERNMENT made up this **** so that a country will run peacefully and no crimes will be committed. Can't you see that **** or are you just too small minded?

Just for the record, I copy and pasted that **** from earlier.

I also read to here and stopped, you talk complete ****.

No you sound dumb, Islam has been around way before there was such thing as a government... Gov. Did not make religion to make things run peacefully..

You seem like an angry person, you have alot of negative energy and with no faith you just think there is no point to life... Of course there is a point.. There is a point for everything.. I wouldnt be surprised if you were white, do drugs looking for an escape from all your problems.. All you need to do is find God and that solves all your problems, and will help you live a better more pure life..

Comment

• Originally posted by $ Lord13 $ View Post
        I've read the Qur'an and it doesn't state that. According to the Qur'an, it's a sin if you can't respect other religions so I don't know what kind of ******ed friends you have...
        I'm an atheist BTW, and I've read most of the Bible and the Qur'an...
        I too have read the bible and the Qu'Ran..

Allah does not care what religion you are.. He cares about how you live your life.. Allah is the ONLY God, when christians pray to God they are praying to allah.. Allah is the arabic word for God. Same with the Buddist they think an elephant is their god so their elephant is allah.

Comment

• Originally posted by dadon5 View Post
          No you sound dumb, Islam has been around way before there was such thing as a government... Gov. Did not make religion to make things run peacefully..

You seem like an angry person, you have alot of negative energy and with no faith you just think there is no point to life... Of course there is a point.. There is a point for everything.. I wouldnt be surprised if you were white, do drugs looking for an escape from all your problems.. All you need to do is find God and that solves all your problems, and will help you live a better more pure life..
          I think that when he said goverment he never meant the literal government we know now, he refer to ppl in charge whether it was a king or a pharoah.

Comment

I too have read the bible and the Qu'Ran..

Allah does not care what religion you are.. He cares about how you live your life.. Allah is the ONLY God, when christians pray to God they are praying to allah.. Allah is the arabic word for God. Same with the Buddist they think an elephant is their god so their elephant is allah.
            Many errors here. Buddhist do not have a Deity at all so where would you get the notion that they beleive in a cow?

Secondly, I think you have your own faith mixed up as well and you may want to double check on your points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
              Well many have died in the name of secularist governments. You look at Hitler, Stalin and Mao and they're responsible for an estimated 70-80 million people killed. That's an estimated 20-30 million killed under Stalin, 10 million killed under Hitler and an estimated 40 million killed under Mao. And I'm only using secularism in this specific context as a replacement for the word that is more proper in this context, that's "anti-religious"...

The problem is people have twisted Christ's Word and then claim that Christianity is somehow responsible for the destruction and deaths by people who do not even follow the teachings of Christ but rather use them as a tool to gain power and control the masses. I will not defend other religions because not all are the same and not all teach the same concept hand in hand. There are good and bad of every type of group from religion to atheists. And many will argue that people don't kill because they're atheists, but it's been witnessed that they do it out of hatred for religion by ousting it out in any way possible (i.e. Stalin in USSR and Mao in China) and that's just as bad as killing in the name of religion
              I accept that at their core religions are good. If everyone simply practiced exactly how the religions were written then I would not have a problem with them.

The problem is they end up simply providing another reason for ppl to hate and kill one another. Obviously I accept that wars and killings will not completely cease with religion gone, but I don't think we need further catalysts.

I don't accept that society "needs" religion to hold its moral core together. This is often the counter-argument ppl propose. They say that without religion the moral structure of society would collapse. That is ridiculous IMO.

Basically I think religions bring a great deal more harm than good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                Many errors here. Buddhist do not have a Deity at all so where would you get the notion that they beleive in a cow?

Secondly, I think you have your own faith mixed up as well and you may want to double check on your points.
                No sir, i do not have my own faith mixed up at all!!!

I might not know the exacts of other people religions.. I was just going off memory.. The indians.. Worship something with 8 arms.. So i said elephant.. I really dont care what they believe in, i just said to help make my point.. BUT PLZ tell me how i have my faith mixed up??

Comment

No sir, i do not have my own faith mixed up at all!!!

I might not know the exacts of other people religions.. I was just going off memory.. The indians.. Worship something with 8 arms.. So i said elephant.. I really dont care what they believe in, i just said to help make my point.. BUT PLZ tell me how i have my faith mixed up??
                  Wow. You are confusing buddhism and hinduism on the basis that "them indians" believe in it?

I have a lot of respect for the hindu religion. Partly because it doesn't spend forever attempting to convert me and partly because if you're going to believe in magical space monsters they may as well have ten arms and an elephant's face.

Well many have died in the name of secularist governments. You look at Hitler, Stalin and Mao and they're responsible for an estimated 70-80 million people killed. That's an estimated 20-30 million killed under Stalin, 10 million killed under Hitler and an estimated 40 million killed under Mao. And I'm only using secularism in this specific context as a replacement for the word that is more proper in this context, that's "anti-religious"...
                  Here's a good idea: Let's stop mentioning Hitler when you talk about secular government. It has been argued that Hitler used christianity as a tool to get people moving, but if you leave that aside the Nazi government was definitely christian. It used christian imagery, christian goads, had a christian oath and was made up of christians. Christianity was used to justify its atrocities. It's easy to say "Well Hitler was really an atheist" but much harder to prove it and impossible to separate belief in god from the actions of the Nazi party which was intensely religious.

Authoritarian communist governments were not keen on religion as it resulted in assemblies beyond their control, and in authoritarian governments control is the most important thing. Hitler used religion to help remain in control, Stalin and Mao outlawed religion for the same reason.

Comment

• about 99% but I remain open to the idea of it, lets face it it's a lovely idea but somehow I just don't see it.

Comment

• A person who is 100% sure that God doesn't exist is arrogant
                      A person who is 100% sure that God does exist is stupid

Comment

Working...
                      X