No announcement yet.

More distorted history celebrated tomorrow: Columbus Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Its a myth. Columbus was really Danny Williams in disguise. Williams swam to the Americas and then back to England in 20 minutes.
    This is untrue. He swam the Atlantic, conquered Mexico and the Yucatan and swam back all in 28 minutes. But he did have a dislocated shoulder.

Comment

How can someone discover a land that was already inhabited? Columbus Day for me is either time and a half or another day off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
        How can someone discover a land that was already inhabited? Columbus Day for me is either time and a half or another day off.
        Easy! All you need is a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
          Is all the Danny Williams banter I read on here a British spinoff of the Chuck Norris crap? Seems like it anyways. Stephen Harper for president.
          No, it's all true.

Stephen Harper is really ****ing boring but at least he isn't Stephane Dion or Jack Layton. Jack Layton looks like he escaped from that game Guess Who?

Is it a man? Does he have a mustache? Is he bald? Is it Jack layton?

As for Stephane Dion

Comment

I don't have Canadian citizenship (haven't got round to it) so I can't vote. But we have a different electoral system than you do anyway, the Canadian system is like the British parliamentary system in which you vote for your local candidate and the party with the majority forms a government with the party leader as prime minister. The government then has to be ratified by the Governer General (in Britain the government is ratified by the Queen) but tradition dictates that the elected government is automatically ratified. The Queen has the right on paper to dissolve parliament but it would be suicide for a constitutional monarch to do so.

Comment

LOL and it only makes sences that white posters are proud that columbus did what he did. Cause it gave all these white posters a better life, so why then would you still talk **** about illegal immigrants who like your ancestors came here for a better life?

Aren't you glad you weren't born in Europe when the Potaoto almost killed off the white man.

Aren't you glad you weren't a witch in Europe around the time women, i mean witchs were being burnt by whitey.

Aren't you glad didn't live in Europe back then when your European ancesters used the liver, heart, felsh skin, organs of a dead person to heal there health issues.

I guess when you look back at how Europeans were living, i see why some of you guys are so proud that a man commited so much genocide and wrote of the new world that your ancestors went to this new world. Europe was nothing nice. Today the same thing is happening with illegal immigrants coming to America, im sure you can identify with them and welcome them with open arms.

Be proud of the spanish people and there King and Queen. LMFAO!

Comment

I think it's funny that this thread has 67 replies but the Martin Luther King one I posted, no one has balls enough to touch....

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
                  LOL and it only makes sences that white posters are proud that columbus did what he did. Cause it gave all these white posters a better life, so why then would you still talk **** about illegal immigrants who like your ancestors came here for a better life?

Aren't you glad you weren't born in Europe when the Potaoto almost killed off the white man.

Aren't you glad you weren't a witch in Europe around the time women, i mean witchs were being burnt by whitey.

Aren't you glad didn't live in Europe back then when your European ancesters used the liver, heart, felsh skin, organs of a dead person to heal there health issues.

I guess when you look back at how Europeans were living, i see why some of you guys are so proud that a man commited so much genocide and wrote of the new world that your ancestors went to this new world. Europe was nothing nice. Today the same thing is happening with illegal immigrants coming to America, im sure you can identify with them and welcome them with open arms.

Be proud of the spanish people and there King and Queen. LMFAO!
                  I think that Columbus was overrated. There's a reason the British became the best seafaring nation in the history of the world once we won superiority over the Dons in the 1600s. We were better navigators, better sailors and better diplomats. Well done to Columbus for finding Hispaniola but really the celebration is of that, discovering the Americas for civilized Europe. Nobody celebrates his governorship.

Incidentally did you know that the famous pirate Henry Morgan was Governor of Jamaica? Yeah he busted Spanish ass in the Caribbean and as a reward was made Governor of Jamaica by Queen Elizabeth.

The Americas have an interesting recent history.

Comment

Working...
                  X