No announcement yet.

Depp as Riddler or Ledger as Joker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    i did see the movie, and thought that ledger did a great job. however, a quick lash of the tongue and some other subtleties don't, IMO, propel him over my take that depp would do it better.

peep depp in the demon barbershop musical ... depp would have CRUSHED that role my friend.
    Or in Edward Scissorhands

Or in "What's eating Gilbert Grape" Maybe the mom could be cast as the penguin.

Comment

Originally posted by R I Z O View Post
      Or in Edward Scissorhands

Or in "What's eating Gilbert Grape" Maybe the mom could be cast as the penguin.
      these dudes are sleeping on the most underrated A-lister in hollywood, RIZO.

Comment

these dudes are sleeping on the most underrated A-lister in hollywood, RIZO.
        lol.

TBH, I havent seen Dark Knight yet... so I can't really say Depp would own Ledger in that regard HOWEVER, I can say he would do a hell of a lot better than 95% of other actors.

Comment

Any one else?

Comment

Originally posted by R I Z O View Post
            lol.

TBH, I havent seen Dark Knight yet... so I can't really say Depp would own Ledger in that regard HOWEVER, I can say he would do a hell of a lot better than 95% of other actors.
            ledger did good, however, keeping things in perspective and knowing the affinity for people heaping maybe some unwarranted praise on someone who's passed ... has definitely happened before.

depp would own papa.

Comment

like i said depp would overact this role and defintly not get down tot he soul of the chracter beleive me. hes a decent actor but none of his roles made me feel like it was real. im sorry he just wouldnt be that great of a joker. hed make it to silly and not dark. i saw that musical. still didnt sell me on this though.

Comment

ledger did good, however, keeping things in perspective and knowing the affinity for people heaping maybe some unwarranted praise on someone who's passed ... has definitely happened before.

depp would own papa.
                I'll get back to you once I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
                  Would Johnny Depp seclude himself for months and write a diary of psychotic things to think about in order to portray a truly psychopathic maniac running rampid?
                  he sure as hell would, or at least would have done something similar. Not only does Depp know how to get into character but he's one of the few actors that's known for not getting OUT of character (on or off the set) until he's finished shooting the very last scene of the movie.

would he have been better than Ledger was at the Joker? it's impossible to say but it's a guarantee that he has the potential to be. matter of fact, should they make a 3rd movie and bring the Joker back then i think Depp is one of the only actors out there that the public will allow to take Ledger's place.

now would he play a good Riddler? yes but i don't think he'd be the best pick. i personally don't like it when he gets too zany in his roles and The Riddler would require it. he did good as a zany Willy Wonka but somebody could have been better chosen for the role.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
                    Interesting to think about, but honestly, I don't think Ledger's death adds on to or takes away from his portrayal of The Joker. Either way, he ****ing OWNED.
                    Do you want to bet on Pavlik Hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
                      he sure as hell would, or at least would have done something similar. Not only does Depp know how to get into character but he's one of the few actors that's known for not getting OUT of character (on or off the set) until he's finished shooting the very last scene of the movie.

would he have been better than Ledger was at the Joker? it's impossible to say but it's a guarantee that he has the potential to be. matter of fact, should they make a 3rd movie and bring the Joker back then i think Depp is one of the only actors out there that the public will allow to take Ledger's place.

now would he play a good Riddler? yes but i don't think he'd be the best pick. i personally don't like it when he gets too zany in his roles and The Riddler would require it. he did good as a zany Willy Wonka but somebody could have been better chosen for the role.
                      yea im not doubting depps acting skills but i think it woulda been one of his zany roles for the joker. unless now he sees what he has to live up to. but if it was him instead of ledger i dont think he would have given the same performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X