Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you train in the opposite stance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Stevensin başına gələn hekayə anormal deyil. Əslində o tək deyil. Borclar insanı ümidsizliyə sürükləyir, depressiyaya və ya panikaya düşür. Statistika göstərir ki, patoloji asılılıqdan əziyyət çəkən hər bir futbolçu həyatında ən azı bir dəfə intihara cəhd edib Pin up giriş​.
    Last edited by Bossony; 02-23-2024, 10:49 PM.

Comment

If you have a weak right hand but strong left, Switching at times can make sense.

Comment

When I'm working in the mirror I appear to be.......Rockin'

Comment

For no particular reason I often work on my right jab. I’m sure it’s more powerful but it lacks the velocity of my left. Fighting from that stance though, my left hand would be virtually useless as a weapon.

I’m not sure just anyone can do it. Just like not everyone is capable of batting from both sides of the plate. I think it’s just how your brain is wired

Comment

The best switch up fighter that I ever threw fists with was Anthoney "baby" Jones. I worked twice with him. They were wars each time. Anthoney was fast and worked from both sides, his power was formidable. The 2nd time I don't even remember getting out of the ring or taking my gloves off let alone driving myself home after. I wake up the next morning and the last thing that I remember about the day before was sparring. That guy could fight. Watch him against Rosario........Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 12-03-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
              This is one of the best posts ive ever read on this site. SO. ****ING TRUE. WAY too many fighters are switching nowadays. It has become the it thing to do. You are so damn right, with everything you said.

Ill add that when switching, you're turning into an imposter. A fake southpaw (or orthodox) who has not spent years having punches fly at him while in that stance. BAD MOVE.
              Sure considering the precedent in professional boxing, but every fighter has tried it at sum point in training and there’s nothing wrong with that. You need to find out if it’s anything for you. You could break a hand for example. But mostly if anyone is not trying to be a pro fighter then just have fun with it. It’s nice to be able to have a stance where you can still make rapid improvements in. If you’re looking for just a boxing workout, then switching might give you some added interest now and then. I remember how awkward it was to switch at first but then making improvements was really fun. Every pro should work on it at times, cause that’s what being a professional is all about. Getting better at everything. Any good coach will only let you dedicate so much time to it depending on its effectiveness. But I’ll say for anybody boxing training for fun, then yeah switch stance and trying to improve that also when you feel like it. It will just add to the length of your workout and not cut into it. Especially when you see the rare guy who can do it well in the pros, it will always make you want to try it. Nothing wrong with that. We’ve all had fun throwing a football around with our opposite hand. I mean Erik switched against Manny in the 12th and got tagged, still it was neat.

Comment

Yes I do but not in the sense to box out of that position more so to increase my mind muscle connection with my left hand. For Instance, I practice throwing power shots out of the south paw stance and it definitely has increased the amount of torque and force I am able to produce out of the left hand than I was able to do prior.

Comment

Working...
                X