No announcement yet.

Can too much cardio make you fat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can too much cardio make you fat?

Ive heard excessive cardio can burn your muscle and leave you fat instead? This true?

I’ve been engaging in lifting 5x a week and about 4-5 hours of cardio weekly and can’t budge the scale at all. Also my belly fat never reduces and sometimes seems to inflate despite eating a clean diet.

A clean diet doesn’t mean you are restricting calories. If you aren’t losing weight then you are eating too many calories. You need to do some math to determine where you can cut.

Comment

yep, you need to burn more calories than you are consuming, that is the only way to loose weight. Cardio will always help you burn more calories. Your body will not consume muscle until it has burned through all your fat reserves. The body stores fat so it can use it when your not eating all the time

Comment

Some good info here https://www.builtlean.com/

Comment

Ive personally had the opposite. Too much cardio and I lose more weight.

Comment

You have to eat different if you do lots of cardio especially if you are a morning runner. Constant small meals if not you can easily overeat if you are left at a calorie deficit for too long.

Comment

Indirectly yes, once you stop running your appetite will remain the same as before when running, so dont stop running, its like the movie Speed...you blow up

Comment

When people say you dont have to starve yourself to cut, they lied. At some point you DO have to restrict your calories so much from your standard intake that you leave your body no choice BUT TO cut down. I always struggled with that idea but low and behold yes you do have to battle the litte bit of night hunger, stick through it your body and mind adapts. Of course dont cut all crazy with a sauna suit and all that crap.

Comment

I don't know man that is an interesting question. Logic stands to reason that the more cardio you do the more fat you SHOULD burn. I can't see extra cardio adding extra fat. That just doesn't make sense. You might be of the body type where you have some stubborn fat that just won't burn off. I suspect that were you to severely reduce or even stop cardio altogether you might wind up with more of that stubborn fat. The cardio is definitely burning fat. It just might not be burning all of it. Your body wants to keep some of that fat it seems

Comment

I do much cardio and I lose my weight

Comment

Working...
                    X