Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to know if you hit really hard or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    True its about timing Lomachenko used to dance to music to get that timing, personally I play the flute to achieve that same level of timing, sometimes the bongo's but predominately the flute
    Put your son into ballet if you want him to be really hard, the pink dress and musical timing will make him an egoless killing machine.

No performance anxiety or thought if your ego got raped already
    How can you fear a loss if you lost at life already?
    I'm really not sure what to make of your posts....is that some sort of joke along the line's of the song 'a boy named sue'?

I've tried my best to explain about mixing up speed / force ratio gained from years in boxing (and even Thai boxing) so you can land your power if you have it...which is what actually matters.

I think more than just your boxing ability will benefit from you getting beyond the novice class of the amateurs.

BTW...my avater is the red lotus lake, near Udon Thani, Issan, home of Thailand's best muay thai fighters...how do they hit hard?

They run their guts out to carry their punch (or kick) and just practice throwing hard punches all the time.

Since the nuances of boxing seem lost on you that's my parting advice. Adios.

Comment

Originally posted by ecto55 View Post
      I'm really not sure what to make of your posts....is that some sort of joke along the line's of the song 'a boy named sue'?

I've tried my best to explain about mixing up speed / force ratio gained from years in boxing (and even Thai boxing) so you can land your power if you have it...which is what actually matters.

I think more than just your boxing ability will benefit from you getting beyond the novice class of the amateurs.

BTW...my avater is the red lotus lake, near Udon Thani, Issan, home of Thailand's best muay thai fighters...how do they hit hard?

They run their guts out to carry their punch (or kick) and just practice throwing hard punches all the time.

Since the nuances of boxing seem lost on you that's my parting advice. Adios.
      I agree with your advice I just skimmed over it because it didnt answer the question but its sound advice that I was going to do anyway im going to a top muay thai gym soon in thailand and I want to go to a london based boxing and mma gym too when i get back, prices are enough for me fortunately

Cheers for your advice

Comment

Originally posted by ecto55 View Post
        That's exactly how I worked as a pro. Shadow boxing, on the bags and especially sparing. If I was going to throw it, there was something on it. I could throw three minutes of every round. Constant pressure. If you were not properly trained to throw for the whole time...……. I saw that style take hold, and crush, many opponents hearts. I ate my fair share of shots working that way though, but it was exciting as we threw.

Great quote up there. ...…...Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 12-04-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          If you were not properly trained to throw for the whole fight...……. ...…...Rockin'
          This right here....

Comment

add in some power rounds on the heavy bag. it takes time. eventually sparring will confirm, every guy is different as far as how much power they can handle on the chin. once you catch their attention then you will know but dont solely rely on power. remember its about everything and use wisely.

Comment

Power is part conditioning and part natural gift. Some people are more genetically inclined to have stronger muscles in particular areas like the abdominals and hip rotation than others. Though it can all be worked on, the individuals who naturally hit hard will hit harder with sound technique

Comment

Working...
              X