Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to know if you hit really hard or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    Best to assume You don't. 99% of fighters who think their power will get them through levels fail and having a real power that can separate You from mere humans is rare.
    Work on Your skills.
    true

Comment

In sparring (ask your sparring partner),amateur bouts (if you got KOs/knockdowns) or if you're a heavyweight.

Comment

Someone will tell you "You hit really hard" or "You have a lot of power".

things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

How to know if you hit really hard or not?

What are some tells signs.

What are the signs of a really hard punch? Feelings sounds etc?
          Alright here's what you do: stand up and punch yourself hard in the liver. If you go down that means you're strong.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            Alright here's what you do: stand up and punch yourself hard in the liver. If you go down that means you're strong.
            I will pass long this advice to Anorak, hope he does it every night!

Comment

Without a doubt, hitting the mitts with someone in a gym whose had his mitts laid into over the course of time (lol). He'll be able to let you know. Besides that, I dunno. Work the bag over and over and hear the sound it makes from your punch vs others? I'm not sure that entirely qualifies though because of factors like glove type, size, hand wraps, etc.

My coach told me I had powa when I use to train and when I sparred one of the kids told me I had it but I never stuck around long enough to truly know. I work the bag nearly daily at my local gym (not boxing gym), and based on every soul that's entered and hit the bags, they've never out cracked the bag harder than me, but again, the factors I listed up above can play into that. Also speed makes a huge difference in generating the force that lands.

Truth be told, it's natural male instinct to believe we are strong and will automatically be a power puncher. The sad truth is when you compare your peasant self to a true puncher that was gifted/born with it, you will feel the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                What are some tells signs.

My punches feel really hard to me, but that could be just my bias or ignorance. Maybe id be humbled alot if I went to an actual gym.

Looking for ways to know before I go test them in a noob bout. Is it impossible to tell until you hit people?

What are the signs of a really hard punch? Feelings sounds etc?
                Ah... yea I was about to reply and say you'll learn if you ever spar. Yea, go down to a gym if you want to learn how to fight. Trust me, you can't fight right now.

Comment

Sparring. Film it too. I actually thought I had a little power. I sparred a pro though that was about 30 Lbs lighter than me and on the video I couldn’t believe how much more devastating his punches looked. My punches looked like powder puffs compared to his lol. Def was a reality check for me. And he kept digging that left hand to the body. I lasted one round lol

Comment

my opinion, when you are punching the heavy bag. it has to be a solid heavy bag. what ever punch, jab or cross, place your punch [osition so that that he knuckle is touching the bag and hold that postion. now, using forch from your stance, swing the bag from your punch postion using your arm. It trickyl but stay balance as you push the bag by using your arms. let the bag swing using your force, remeber not to lose postion of your stance, stay in position, and keeo your knockles touching the bag at all times. swing it as if your pushing the bag. example, like your pushing a child who is riding a swing. its hard to describe right now, but when i d have time, ill post a video of it.

Comment

Originally posted by YGriffith View Post
                      In sparring (ask your sparring partner),amateur bouts (if you got KOs/knockdowns) or if you're a heavyweight.
                      Some guys have that amateur power that never translates to the pros.

Comment

Working...
                      X