No announcement yet.

In-House Fight Night - Dec 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    The gym had all fighters come in this past Friday to walk everybody through what was going to happen and to let us know what order we would be in. When walking through where we would be getting ready and then walking out, you could see peoples nerves start to rise. It's real, this is happening! I felt a bit giddy, which was nerves on my part.

Right before this one of the participants found that his nose was broken. It happened during sparring when we were doing a 25% speed drill. This guy always wants to go harder and says "You have to learn to do it, the fight won't be 25%, right?" For this reason, I don't spar him as the last time he did that with me I gave him a few full body shots and then asked if he wanted to continue? Anyways he always speeds up and the guy he was going against was "Hey, let's slow back down to ..." and they guy would give his two cents about having to get used to it. So ... he got his nose broken during what should have been a 25% drill. If I had to pick a guy for that to happen to, it would be him. Good luck, *******.
    Always good to see Karma doing her thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
      To go along with what tcbender said, my shoulders are aching and my biceps and forearms feel like I got in a moderate resistance day for biceps. This is because of the volume and intensity of work on Sunday and Monday. My activities from here until the fight are going to be to repair the body and keep the mind occupied. I'll stretch a few times a day and do enough movement to flush out the soreness and promote healing, nothing more. This movement will also serve to maintain whatever level of fitness I have obtained, though repair and arriving at the fight 100% is my goal and focus.
      Sounds like you've done as much training as you could - even working proactively to recover from sessions. You should do well! Best of luck for the fight!

Comment

• After all of this, watch the other guy be a no show. LOL, just sayin'...……….…….Rockin'

Comment

• Goodluck, make sure to stick your jab in his face and jab to the body if all fails

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            After all of this, watch the other guy be a no show. LOL, just sayin'...……….…….Rockin'
            I'd show up at his next session and handle it then!

This may sound odd but after the first two times I went to do a solo session when he was training, I didn't go back. Not that I'm to be feared, but I didn't want him to see anything which may cause him to question his decision to participate.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilPhilly View Post
              Goodluck, make sure to stick your jab in his face and jab to the body if all fails
              Thanks. The body is a big focus of mine. I feel comfortable being inside enough to throw it for power and to even snap it here and there from further away. Also it's not typical "Fight Night" stuff that first timers focus on (though our coach spends time on it) so I figure since I like to do it, that's a potential advantage for me.

Comment

• I had hoped this wouldn't happen, but I'm having trouble sleeping. I try to put my mind on other things, or nothing, but I keep visualizing the fight. It's not fear, as I'm not experiencing that at all. I'm a preparer so maybe it's that. Or possibly it's just being anxious about the whole thing.

Comment

• An Inspiration video for you before you head for the Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifuO7QB0i6w

Comment

• Reading an easy magazine/book for a good hour or two tends to help me chill out. Not on a computer but on paper. That or breathing deeply and focusing on absolutely nothing/meditation are generally my tricks to relax. Normal stuff though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                      Reading an easy magazine/book for a good hour or two tends to help me chill out. Not on a computer but on paper. That or breathing deeply and focusing on absolutely nothing/meditation are generally my tricks to relax. Normal stuff though!
                      I have some self-meditation techniques that I used to use years ago that I may try to employ tonight if needed. I'm tired right now so hopefully I'll sleep. Regardless I'm getting up a touch early to make sure I'm more tired Thursday night.

Part of this is that I usually get in a near-daily workout that pushes SOMETHING, and now I've got added energy in addition to what I'm sure is nerves.

Comment

Working...
                      X