No announcement yet.

In-House Fight Night - Dec 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    Fight Night is over. I'll post video as I find it. I took a 90% ass-whuppin and it was called in the final seconds of the first round. They guy, who was 10 years younger and 3" taller, took it to me from the opening bell and I had difficulty dealing with it. I did the best I could and gave him the best fight I could but it wasn't enought.

I enjoyed the entire process. I gave all I could and it wasn't enough. My opponents fight plan was on point and exactly what I would have trouble with. Congrats to him. I have a busted lip but I know I gave all I could.
    Don't even bother with that other dude smh.

It's not all about winning, and this is just an exhibition type fight. Surprised he really even tried to take it to you, but it's a fight nonetheless.

Be grateful for the experience, the hardwork you put in, and the overall positive outcome of the experience.

I noticed in my second exhibition compared to my first, how normal and routine it all felt. The first one everything was so unknown and a new experience and that sort of mystifies it. The second one its just like another day sparring in the gym.

Keep working on your base of fitness and you can only go up from here.

Good job stepping in there and giving it your all!

Comment

• Bardamu: You know what, man? You’re a disgrace to this forum. Shame on you for trying to put down a guy who’s worked his ass off over the last three months and attempted to improve as much as possible. It’s obvious you don’t have HALF the guts this guy has.

WonderMonkey - congrats on the hard work, the effort and giving it your all. If you keep it up, you’ll drop even more weight and be able to perform even better.

Much respect all the way from Brazil!

Comment

• No need to post the video man what you did was tremendous job and most of the 99% of users here can only dream of. Celebrate your own victories because not everyone understands what it took to accomplish them.

Comment

• I went back and read Bardamu's posts and I've run into people like him before. His life sucks. He may not KNOW it sucks but those around him know. He makes others lives around him less enjoyable. His life could not stand up to the scrutiny that he imparts on a forum, protected from others by his keyboard.

I've blocked him. Won't even see his replies.

Comment

• Originally posted by tcbender View Post
            Don't even bother with that other dude smh.

It's not all about winning, and this is just an exhibition type fight. Surprised he really even tried to take it to you, but it's a fight nonetheless.

Be grateful for the experience, the hardwork you put in, and the overall positive outcome of the experience.

I noticed in my second exhibition compared to my first, how normal and routine it all felt. The first one everything was so unknown and a new experience and that sort of mystifies it. The second one its just like another day sparring in the gym.

Keep working on your base of fitness and you can only go up from here.

Good job stepping in there and giving it your all!
            Yes it's certainly a fight. His approach was one that I could not overcome and to that end, it worked.

I'll say my fitness wasn't challenged. It was the defense of his approach. I practiced in sparring, shadowboxing and read (watched) plenty on the topic of being rushed, but it wasn't enough. I'll not be given easier fights so I'd better learn to deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
              WonderMonkey - congrats on the hard work, the effort and giving it your all. If you keep it up, you’ll drop even more weight and be able to perform even better.

Much respect all the way from Brazil!
              Thanks! I plan to take some time and evaluate "going forward" but regardless I'll still continue to train. I'm working on my goals now and need them to get me out the door on a consistent basis.

Though I'm 250 lbs, chances are most would never guess it. I've got a bit of weight on me but it's not what you see on most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
                No need to post the video man what you did was tremendous job and most of the 99% of users here can only dream of. Celebrate your own victories because not everyone understands what it took to accomplish them.
                Thanks Taha. I think most of the people who post here have or would get in the ring in some capacity. It was certainly a goal of mine and the journey was worth the outcome. I'd do it again even knowing the outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Cardio, cardio, cardio. That's going to be the major obstacle for any mature fighter. Some guys try to overcome it with technique or power, but the foundation is your stamina. Technique and power disappear when stamina is gone.

3, two min rounds doesn't seem like much but 90 secs in you will feel it. Bag and mitts are good for technique but you need sparring partners to stimulate the exhausting parts, the fact that people are moving while you're punching, knocking the wind out of you. Missing tires you tremendously too. You need someone to do a lot of light sparring with.

Best of luck.
                  Yes, agreed. I'm writing up something on things I noticed or learned. Components of fitness can be increased away from the ring but only sparring can attempt to get you in "ring shape".

Comment

• Some Things I Learned Or The Point Was Driven Home

I watched many of the fights when it would not interfere with getting ready — some things I noticed from my personal process and from the others. Most of these I already either knew or had been taught (by here, coach or elsewhere) but the point was driven home.

Comment

• Ring Shape
                      This wasn't an issue in my fight. By watching others, especially first time fighters, they were really dragging by the middle of the second round and had to gut it out for the third. You can be TOLD this will happen, but until you FEEL it, you won't be able to change how you approach your conditioning. Though my fight did not go the distance, I DID get a "wake-up call" after how I felt in my first long sparring session. Even then I knew sparring wasn't the same as a fight, but it changed how I approached fitness. And even with THAT I know it wasn't enough. Given my calf/leg thing, I felt I did close to what I could and hope to build on my base and go forward.

You MUST do all the components of increasing fitness but only through sparring will you hope to get in ring shape. The closest thing I can come to is doing pressure mitts, which is different than just working punches and combos with a mitt partner.

Comment

Working...
                      X