Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-House Fight Night - Dec 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo will get better man, just go with the feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      did you try to ice it at all?

Yes. Also a portable eStim that I have. When this thing decides to get pissed off, it is very determined. I feel great today, however. I will do two moderate sessions (today, tomorrow) and then take it from there.

Comment

• Tough workout tonight. To test how my calf/leg was doing I did all my normal pre-workout stuff (warmup, shadowbox, work the bag a bit) and then took two medium rounds to get to a certain level and then did 10 more rounds there. It was volume for sure, but with purpose.

Comment

• Today for active recovery I went in and did an extensive shadow boxing routine. It felt great and I was able to be in the right frame of mind. I felt focused and mean. I've been trying to replicate my training mental state from what I used to do in the military and though that's been years ago, today felt like what I remembered. I'm hoping these last two weeks I can keep working hard and keep a sharp mental state.

Comment

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
            Today for active recovery I went in and did an extensive shadow boxing routine. It felt great and I was able to be in the right frame of mind. I felt focused and mean. I've been trying to replicate my training mental state from what I used to do in the military and though that's been years ago, today felt like what I remembered. I'm hoping these last two weeks I can keep working hard and keep a sharp mental state.
            Good to hear the calf is better and that you’re feeling mean. Other posters have commented on this but I’d like to say it too: Congrats on the discipline! Wishing you all the best for the big fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
              Good to hear the calf is better and that you’re feeling mean. Other posters have commented on this but I’d like to say it too: Congrats on the discipline! Wishing you all the best for the big fight!
              Thanks, I appreciate it!

Comment

• Haven't been around as much but spent some time reading through the thread.

Getting pretty close now. Keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll do really well!

Comment

• Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                  Today for active recovery I went in and did an extensive shadow boxing routine. It felt great and I was able to be in the right frame of mind. I felt focused and mean. I've been trying to replicate my training mental state from what I used to do in the military and though that's been years ago, today felt like what I remembered. I'm hoping these last two weeks I can keep working hard and keep a sharp mental state.
                  Sounds like everything is in order.

Comment

• I think I've reached a level of effort and intensity that my calf/leg will allow. That's not QUITE right as I REALLY think it's that I cannot push forward at the pace I've been doing. I can maintain and from that inch forward. All is well, however as I feel I've done what I can so I'm at peace with it. If my efforts would have been low then I would have been disappointed and upset. For certain I could have done something different but that is just hindsight.

Wednesday will be my last hard sparring session. Friday I'll do slower sparring and Sunday even slower. The following Monday will be my last fitness pushing session and I'll do reasonable mitts on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday will just be shadowboxing. Friday is the event.

Comment

• Let's go Champ

Comment

Working...
                      X