No announcement yet.

Tips on morning breakfast.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on morning breakfast.

What is your ideal morning breakfast before your morning routine/workout?

Usually I do coffee/Oatmeal with peanutbutter and banana mixed in, and a gallon of water or more I drink through out the day.

Any other morning breakfast meals you guys have daily?

Originally posted by Ren28 View Post

Usually I do coffee/Oatmeal with peanutbutter and banana mixed in, and a gallon of water or more I drink through out the day.

Two whole meal toasts, one with whole peanut butter, the other with Nutella. Mug of instant latte with a scoop of whey protein.

Comment

I've been getting really into steel cut oats with different fruit cut up into it

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        I've been getting really into steel cut oats with different fruit cut up into it
        Yeah, that's what I usually do. What kind of fruits do you add? and how do you usually prepare the oatmeal?

I do it low budget style. mix water, throw it in the micro wave, take it out after 2 minutes then stir peanut butter and throw my chopped banana's in there... Lol I don't have any style when it comes to making breakfast. It's all cavemen style minus the microwave bonus

Comment

Yeah, that's what I usually do. What kind of fruits do you add? and how do you usually prepare the oatmeal?

I do it low budget style. mix water, throw it in the micro wave, take it out after 2 minutes then stir peanut butter and throw my chopped banana's in there... Lol I don't have any style when it comes to making breakfast. It's all cavemen style minus the microwave bonus

I used to use the instant oats but realized they have a decent amount of sodium. So now I get the more "raw" steel cut oats that you have to put into boiling water/milk for about a half hour. I make like 8 servings at once so I only have to do it once per week.

Then I put in anything from strawberries, blueberries, to pineapple or bananas.

Comment

Try some organic skim milk instead of water.

I used to do an English Muffin toasted, thin layer of low fat peanut butter, low fat cottage cheese on top, sprinkle of cinnamon and a pinch of sugar on each. When I boxed in the Am's I used to moonlight weight lifting with some guys that competed professionally for weight lifting. They passed that one on to me.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Try some organic skim milk instead of water.

I used to do an English Muffin toasted, thin layer of low fat peanut butter, low fat cottage cheese on top, sprinkle of cinnamon and a pinch of sugar on each. When I boxed in the Am's I used to moonlight weight lifting with some guys that competed professionally for weight lifting. They passed that one on to me.
              I don't lift weights really. I do mostly calisthenics. Started to add bicep curls in my routine but that's it for weight lifting.

Also Milk? I don't trust it. I treat it as candy that I enjoy every now and then.

I usually have almond and soy milk in my fridge. I could make my oatmeal more enjoyable but I just get lazy with it and just want something in my system so i'm not dying later.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                I used to use the instant oats but realized they have a decent amount of sodium. So now I get the more "raw" steel cut oats that you have to put into boiling water/milk for about a half hour. I make like 8 servings at once so I only have to do it once per week.

Then I put in anything from strawberries, blueberries, to pineapple or bananas.
                what the hell? really? lol.

Instant Oats are that bad? I never thought it would be. and yeah Steel cut oats is what I do anyway but...

Cooking a batch of oatmeal to have throughout the week? how do you store it? I usually just cook then eat it right then and there. I never tried storing oatmeal, I don't trust myself to enjoy oatmeal when I store. and do you usually warm it up in the microwave when you have it the next morning?

Comment

breakfest are for pussies, ONE BIG meal a day! the same time everyday.

Comment

Pretty close to mine.

Oatmeal (2 packets), 16 oz of whole milk, 16 oz of orange juice

I try to eat 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast with a heavy amount of peanut butter on both but I can't always get what I want due to a constantly changing work schedule.

Comment

Working...
                    X