Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips on morning breakfast.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people still advocating for things like skim milk and low fat cottage cheese and peanut butter, modern nutrition has already debunked all this. Fat doesn't make you fat and removing fats from these foods can actually raise the food's glycemic index and cause nasty insulin spikes, something any active person would want to avoid. If you're interested in finding out why the "low fat" craze became a thing, maybe check out a movie called That Sugar Film they break it down well there. It basically came down to sugar lobbyists paying scientists to blame America's rise in heart attacks on fat, instead of sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
      Why are people still advocating for things like skim milk and low fat cottage cheese and peanut butter, modern nutrition has already debunked all this. Fat doesn't make you fat and removing fats from these foods can actually raise the food's glycemic index and cause nasty insulin spikes, something any active person would want to avoid. If you're interested in finding out why the "low fat" craze became a thing, maybe check out a movie called That Sugar Film they break it down well there. It basically came down to sugar lobbyists paying scientists to blame America's rise in heart attacks on fat, instead of sugar.
      Yeah, Sugar ****s you right up, also what about Salt? of course you don't want to overload on that either. It's why I get nervous cooking pho.

Pho broth usually I eat everyday. Noodle dish, vietnamese food. Rice Noodles etc

What do you think of Danny Jacobs new meal plan with Chris Algieri? Danny seems to be cutting chicken out of his diet so he can have better cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren28 View Post
        Yeah, Sugar ****s you right up, also what about Salt? of course you don't want to overload on that either. It's why I get nervous cooking pho.

Pho broth usually I eat everyday. Noodle dish, vietnamese food. Rice Noodles etc

What do you think of Danny Jacobs new meal plan with Chris Algieri? Danny seems to be cutting chicken out of his diet so he can have better cardio.
        Salt, from what I was told, can make your body retain water.

Comment

Yeah iodized table salt's just crap, the kind of salt you'll find in salt shakers in diners just avoid all that. If you can afford some legit sea salt or something less processed that's the way to go. Maybe find out what's in that pho broth, could contain tons of crap salt, MSG, who knows what if you're not making it yourself. Excess sodium in the diet will lead to water retention. Here's an explanation from livestrong:

When you eat foods high in sodium, you disturb your normal balance of sodium and potassium, which affects your kidney's ability to filter excess water from your bloodstream. As a result, your body holds on to water that it would have otherwise expelled through urine. An extra 400 milligrams of sodium, contained in 1 gram of salt, can lead to an extra 2 pounds of water weight, according to The Wellness Corner at Towson University. The weight will vanish once your balance is restored.

Comment

Here's some more info on sodium if you're interested:

To prevent water retention and the health problems that come with it, the CDC recommends consuming no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day. People at risk of heart disease, anyone over 50 years old, African-Americans and diabetics are urged to consume no more than 1,500 milligrams of sodium per day as they may be more susceptible to complications from larger amounts. The most effective way to achieve this is to forgo commercially prepared meals, snacks and sauces, instead cooking at home with whole, fresh ingredients. For example, 1 cup of canned refried beans contains about 1,069 milligrams of sodium, while the same amount of boiled, unsalted pinto beans contains just 2 milligrams, which spares you the sodium overload.

Comment

avacado, cinnamon, protein powder

in grinder: flax seed, oatmeal, cacao nib (1tsp each, 1 tbsp heaping oatmeal) and only use half , or a little more than half, of a scoop. you dont need a ****ton of protein.

on oven: heat to high 1 tbsp butter (grass fed only due to amino acid profile being much better due to insects in the goddamned grass being consumed.) + 1tbsp coconut oil, organic

tiny bit of Himalayan pink salt.

splash of grape juice to flavor it up a bit.

juice of 1 lemon.

broc powder, just a teaspoon. it aint so bad.
              beet powder, jsut a teaspoon. live w it.

also: 1/2 tsp green tea, 1 tsp psyllium husk

5-8 prunes, 1 banana, frozen blueberries

heres the most important ingredients:

turmeric, 1 teaspoon, little more than lvl. Add in a quarter tsp of black pepper. potentiates the turmeric (curcumin) something like 3000 percent, or 2000 percent. goddamn navy seals get roasted with an incendiary grenade, they have a topical turmeric ointment they give those ****s. that goes to show you the anti-inflammatory qualities of the root. you need to take this every single day. it also inhibits beta-amyloid plaques in the brain that lead to dementia. Give it to your folks too. (Turmeric, lemon water, pepper, and a tiny bit of sucralose will make it tolerable for the unenlightened. The enlightened drink it without sucralose, imo. Part of enlightenment is acceptance of what you don't prefer.) Turmeric is the healthiest thing on the planet.

Add in Lion's Mane, I buy mine off ebay. it is a mushroom that actually regenerates nerve axoims (sp) or something of that nature, respect to Paul Stamets (sp) for that information. respect to dr. mercola for the breakfast smoothie, mine is an altered version of his.

add all that to a nutri bullet. it will fill it up almost entirely, but as soon as you begin to eat it, you'll feel the vitality surge. carpe diem
              Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 05-19-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                avacado, cinnamon, protein powder

in grinder: flax seed, oatmeal, cacao nib (1tsp each, 1 tbsp heaping oatmeal) and only use half , or a little more than half, of a scoop. you dont need a ****ton of protein.

on oven: heat to high 1 tbsp butter (grass fed only due to amino acid profile being much better due to insects in the goddamned grass being consumed.) + 1tbsp coconut oil, organic

tiny bit of Himalayan pink salt.

splash of grape juice to flavor it up a bit.

juice of 1 lemon.

broc powder, just a teaspoon. it aint so bad.
                beet powder, jsut a teaspoon. live w it.

also: 1/2 tsp green tea, 1 tsp psyllium husk

5-8 prunes, 1 banana, frozen blueberries

heres the most important ingredients:

turmeric, 1 teaspoon, little more than lvl. Add in a quarter tsp of black pepper. potentiates the turmeric (curcumin) something like 3000 percent, or 2000 percent. goddamn navy seals get roasted with an incendiary grenade, they have a topical turmeric ointment they give those ****s. that goes to show you the anti-inflammatory qualities of the root. you need to take this every single day. it also inhibits beta-amyloid plaques in the brain that lead to dementia. Give it to your folks too. (Turmeric, lemon water, pepper, and a tiny bit of sucralose will make it tolerable for the unenlightened. The enlightened drink it without sucralose, imo. Part of enlightenment is acceptance of what you don't prefer.) Turmeric is the healthiest thing on the planet.

Add in Lion's Mane, I buy mine off ebay. it is a mushroom that actually regenerates nerve axoims (sp) or something of that nature, respect to Paul Stamets (sp) for that information. respect to dr. mercola for the breakfast smoothie, mine is an altered version of his.

add all that to a nutri bullet. it will fill it up almost entirely, but as soon as you begin to eat it, you'll feel the vitality surge. carpe diem
                I've always wondered what the actual ideal amount of daily protein intake was. So much BS on the internet now in days that when you go look info up that you aren't too well versed in, there's way too many answers to reliably pick from.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
                  Here's some more info on sodium if you're interested:

To prevent water retention and the health problems that come with it, the CDC recommends consuming no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day. People at risk of heart disease, anyone over 50 years old, African-Americans and diabetics are urged to consume no more than 1,500 milligrams of sodium per day as they may be more susceptible to complications from larger amounts. The most effective way to achieve this is to forgo commercially prepared meals, snacks and sauces, instead cooking at home with whole, fresh ingredients. For example, 1 cup of canned refried beans contains about 1,069 milligrams of sodium, while the same amount of boiled, unsalted pinto beans contains just 2 milligrams, which spares you the sodium overload.
                  Yeah, I cook everything myself. Mostly Rice based dishes.

Comment

2 eggs, with some mushrooms or spinach.

Sometimes with a piece of meat, sausage, bacon, chicken, pork, grass fed beef. Lately it's only grass fed beef, I just pinch off little chunks and toss it In the pan with the eggs.

And sometimes on a English muffin. English muffins are the only simple carbs I keep in my house. Makes it extremely easy to keep track of carbs, without indulging too much in them, but allows me to still have sandwhiches.

Once and awhile I'll use wraps though.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      2 eggs, with some mushrooms or spinach.

Sometimes with a piece of meat, sausage, bacon, chicken, pork, grass fed beef. Lately it's only grass fed beef, I just pinch off little chunks and toss it In the pan with the eggs.

And sometimes on a English muffin. English muffins are the only simple carbs I keep in my house. Makes it extremely easy to keep track of carbs, without indulging too much in them, but allows me to still have sandwhiches.

Once and awhile I'll use wraps though.

Grass fed...

I'm on that college budget. Whenever I read or hear grass fed, I just think of the overpriced meat.

I should invest in that Canelo Meat and buy that **** by the pound.

Jokes aside, seems like grassfed meat is the way to go, anything else will **** you right up

Comment

Working...
                      X