No announcement yet.

Sweating profusely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweating profusely

Was training at my club the other getting some body work in (no head shots, just body and shoulders) and a couple people mentioned that I was too slippery and commented on how much I sweat.

I'm one of those people that sweat like crazy when I train. I don't want to offend anyone at the gym but sometimes just can't help it because I'm putting in work! Anyone have any suggestions as to how to not be as sweaty? It's a stupid question, but I don't want to ruin anyone else training session nor do I want to discourage people from sparring with me....

Maybe wear a headband? Long sleeve dri-fit shirt? I dunno...

Originally posted by big.daddy.allan View Post
    Was training at my club the other getting some body work in (no head shots, just body and shoulders) and a couple people mentioned that I was too slippery and commented on how much I sweat.

I'm one of those people that sweat like crazy when I train. I don't want to offend anyone at the gym but sometimes just can't help it because I'm putting in work! Anyone have any suggestions as to how to not be as sweaty? It's a stupid question, but I don't want to ruin anyone else training session nor do I want to discourage people from sparring with me....

it'll be a good thing if you ever need to cut weight :P

Comment

F em, sweat as much as you can, hard work

Comment

I sweat a lot in the gym. It just means your body is aggressively temp regulating. I wear a headband if I'm training with others. And, a strong deodorant. Be sure to shower well before training so that your pores are clean and you won't smell in the gym.

You don't want to NOT sweat as that would be unhealthy AF. Let your body do it's thing. I recommend using a sports equipment disinfectant in your gloves afterward to keep bacteria from forming and smelling them up.

Comment

I sweat like crazy too. I only recently started wearing those dry-fit type of shirts and they help a ton. My normal shirts would get ridiculous drenched but these ones seem to make the sweat evaporate way way faster.

Comment

Reminds me of a friend of mine of teaches karate, poor sod sweats like mad even when he is stretching. 10mins in to a workout and he is sweatier than Lee Evens doing stand up. lol

Comment

I'm the same. I sweat profusely, even though I'm in prob the best cardiovascular shape in the gym (apparently its good as your body is helping to regulate your temperature better and if you were to stop sweating there would be an issue).

I had one dude complain about it, but the bottom line is that if you don't want to sweat or get sweat on you don't go to a gym. I sort of busted him out on it a couple times, but generally I avoid working with him during training. We still spar though.

Comment

Ive always read that if you sweat a lot it's a sign of your body being in good health.

Comment

Thanks all for the insight....I'll try to towel off between rounds, wear a headband and dri-fit gear. I guess if we're going to be punching each other for an hour or more then a little sweat should be the least of anyones worries!

Comment

most aluminum based deodorants are linked to alzheimers. ultimately, they don't want us sharp enough to collect social security checks, it's why doctors give us 8 pills for blood pressure instead of a ****in diet plan.

motherless ****s. its all setup to **** the average person.

but yeah, **** deodorants. I haven't used any in over 1 year. if you wash good in the shower, you can sweat afterwards and you won't smell offensive. it's when you don't take a shower, then go work out, that's when you're the nasty mother****er in the gym that everyone needs to give hygiene tips to.

not using the **** makes you sharper mentally.
                    Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 05-04-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X