No announcement yet.

Flavored water beverages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavored water beverages

I'm trying to stay away from both regular and diet soda, and have been drinking those flavored carbonated water drinks.

Do these things have all the hydrating effects of normal water? The only ingredients in them are carbonated water and natural flavors. So there's no sugar substitutes or anything. Is there any downside to these that make them worse for you than pure water?

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

Stay away from them. Drink only water and tea and your life will change.

Comment

They vary. Some have artificial ingredients, others have sweeteners that can cause headaches and cancer in rats (aspertame), some can give you the runs. If yours is just naturally flavored water, you're good. Just watch out for the acidic ones that can wreck your teeth.

Water is the best thing but personally, I HATE water and have to have a flavor. Often stevia flavored drops ("Truvia"?) or tya. Tea is thought to be good but most tea comes from china, which is incredibly polluted so you're putting yourself at risk there. Be careful where your tea comes from.

There's an electrolyte drink mix called "Hydra" that I love.

Comment

I used to drink soda as a kid, now I'm a tea addict. Every now and then I drink coffee, but for the most part I drink tea all day long, usually with lemon.

Comment

I grew up addicted to soda, now I drink water or if I want something with some flavor, I drink Zevia soda, which is more natural and is sweetened with stevia.

If hydration is your concern, I would avoid carbonated beverages and stick with water, flavored water sweetened with stevia, or tea.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
            Stay away from them. Drink only water and tea and your life will change.
            ^THIS^

just stick it out for 30 or 40 days and the habit will stick

Comment

Just buy a water purifier and add your own flavouring if you must.

A lot of these bottled waters are tap water and tap water especially in the U.K contains flouride, metals and God knows what that are scientifically proven too cause numerous health issues. Most substances are banned in every other Country but England and Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                I'm trying to stay away from both regular and diet soda, and have been drinking those flavored carbonated water drinks.

Do these things have all the hydrating effects of normal water? The only ingredients in them are carbonated water and natural flavors. So there's no sugar substitutes or anything. Is there any downside to these that make them worse for you than pure water?

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

No.

My wife makes a lemon water from real lemon. One real lemon, she mashes the juice and pulp to like a liter (or more, not sure she makes it) of water --- that's it. No sugar. Google the effects of lemon water.

Comment

Just put lemon in your water.

Comment

I have a filter in my home, called Alexapure, but you can find similar ones from other companies like Big berkey, etc. It is fantastic, as the water in my city is full of chemicals and impurities. It goes and step further than the Brita filters and takes out all chemicals, etc. Highly recommended in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                    X