No announcement yet.

Flavored water beverages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonnyM View Post
    I have a filter in my home, called Alexapure, but you can find similar ones from other companies like Big berkey, etc. It is fantastic, as the water in my city is full of chemicals and impurities. It goes and step further than the Brita filters and takes out all chemicals, etc. Highly recommended in the U.S.

How much do those things cost? I do worry about trace metals and stuff in my tap water.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      How much do those things cost? I do worry about trace metals and stuff in my tap water.
      That makes two of us.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        That makes two of us.

Haha yeah, I just have to think with all of the piping and stuff the water flows through that some metals and stuff will inevitably get into the water. Not to mention just whatever carelessness may go on during the water treatment process.

Then there's the whole thing about bottled water not being regulated by the FDA or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          They vary. Some have artificial ingredients, others have sweeteners that can cause headaches and cancer in rats (aspertame), some can give you the runs. If yours is just naturally flavored water, you're good. Just watch out for the acidic ones that can wreck your teeth.

Water is the best thing but personally, I HATE water and have to have a flavor. Often stevia flavored drops ("Truvia"?) or tya. Tea is thought to be good but most tea comes from china, which is incredibly polluted so you're putting yourself at risk there. Be careful where your tea comes from.

There's an electrolyte drink mix called "Hydra" that I love.
          The amount to cause cancer in rats was extremely high. You would have to literally have an IV drip of pure aspartame to have the equivalent dose in humans. They injected the rats with huge doses of aspartame. Im not saying its good for you or doesnt cause head aches or other problems but youre not going to get cancer from drinking a diet coke or even 10 diet cokes a day.
          Last edited by elfag; 12-29-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

tap water has to meet EPA standards. tap water is not going to kill you. cave men drank lake water and life expectancy was 30 something. Live expectancy now is like 80, with tap water. Because its chlorinated and has to be in spec for like 50 different chemicals. just saying

Comment

How do i post a video on my thread?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                The amount to cause cancer in rats was extremely high. You would have to literally have an IV drip of pure aspartame to have the equivalent dose in humans. They injected the rats with huge doses of aspartame. Im not saying its good for you or doesnt cause head aches or other problems but youre not going to get cancer from drinking a diet coke or even 10 diet cokes a day.

I don't worry about the artificial sweeteners giving me cancer, but I do wonder about my body reacting to them as if they were sugar. Like if when the artificial sweeteners enter the body, does the body pump out insulin because it thinks there's a bunch of sugar in it, and would that have any of the same negative effects of consuming a bunch of actual sugar, like long-term damage to the pancreas and contributing to adult-onset diabetes.

Comment

I don't worry about the artificial sweeteners giving me cancer, but I do wonder about my body reacting to them as if they were sugar. Like if when the artificial sweeteners enter the body, does the body pump out insulin because it thinks there's a bunch of sugar in it, and would that have any of the same negative effects of consuming a bunch of actual sugar, like long-term damage to the pancreas and contributing to adult-onset diabetes.
                  It doesnt affect your blood sugar so its not going to affect your insulin, thats pretty easy to measure so if they affected your insulin levels it would be well known.... besides diabetics wouldnt be using them.....

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Just put lemon in your water.
                    This also try those 100% juices and put like 1/4th to a tall cup and the rest water.

Comment

3-400ish for a berkey last time i checked

Comment

Working...
                      X