Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How tough and adjustable is sparring in professional boxing training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pleonism View Post
    I suppoes then that you reject all forms of light to no contact japanese and korean martial-arts, as a means of fighting? Or is boxing somehow different?
    the difference is boxing's emphasis on full contact, peak intensity combat; it is as accurate to actual fighting as possible, and is the most effective way to train for real fighting. The same applies to the other variations of combat sport or martial art. The further away your training deviates from the pure form of fighting, the less effective your training will be for a true physical confrontation.
    Last edited by bbos; 08-09-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
      the difference is boxing's emphasis on full contact, peak intensity combat; it is as accurate to actual fighting as possible, and is the most effective way to train for real fighting. The same applies to the other variations of combat sport or martial art. The further away your training deviates from the pure form of fighting, the less effective your training will be for a true physical confrontation.
      If I have the mental aspect, the technique is all that is required, since I will remain calm. I can always hit things anyway. Why does it matter if it's a living thing or not. The important thing is how well I hit it. The reflexes and and other stuff is trainable in most martial arts. Boxing rules are not in the street. It's a matter of seconds.

I think full contact is better, but not that I am completely helpless without it.

It's not like I lose my first street fight per definition. I have been challenged, in what surprised me was dead serious (he hit me over the eyes, which even started to bleed a bit). I then preceeded to grab his neck and throw his ass to the ground twice.

That guy had fought on the street all his life.
      Last edited by Pleonism; 08-10-2014, 01:38 AM.

Comment

If I have the mental aspect, the technique is all that is required, since I will remain calm. I can always hit things anyway. Why does it matter if it's a living thing or not. The important thing is how well I hit it. The reflexes and and other stuff is trainable in most martial arts. Boxing rules are not in the street. It's a matter of seconds.

I think full contact is better, but not that I am completely helpless without it.

It's not like I lose my first street fight per definition. I have been challenged, in what surprised me was dead serious (he hit me over the eyes, which even started to bleed a bit). I then preceeded to grab his neck and throw his ass to the ground twice.

its not just about learning that one punch. you think that is all needed from boxing in preparation for a street fight, but there are so many aspect of boxing necessary for a street fight that you can only learn from live sparring.

For example.

you claim that you can improve your reflexes from other martial art, but what good will that reflex serve? reflexes are good for 2 things, to evade an attack and run, or for use in counter attack. you rely on reflexes to evade the attack, then immediately retaliate with your own counter punches seamlessly. This is an advanced feat, one that can only be mastered through actual sparring.

again, its not just about learning the technique under a controlled environment, but learning how to use the learnt technique under hostile conditions.
        Last edited by bbos; 08-12-2014, 02:11 AM.

Comment

omg ur my hero ur the best ur so cool omgggggg

Comment

Yeah hitting stationary targets is the same as hitting a person fighting you. Good troll thread, actually.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
              Yeah hitting stationary targets is the same as hitting a person fighting you. Good troll thread, actually.

I will never know how the moving person will act anyway. Maybe he goes for the body so quickly that I can't even box him. Good reflexes, speed, streight is what matters.

Comment

Find a boxing coach who agrees with any of the nonsense you're writing here and Ill buy you a pony. Please empty your cup, allow someone with experience to fill it, or you will learn nothing.

Comment

lmfao this guy is trolling hard.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                    lmfao this guy is trolling hard.
                    we all lost it LOL... thread starter won we got too srs

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                      we all lost it LOL... thread starter won we got too srs
                      yup, there isnt many trolls in this forum normally so its easy to get too serious in here.

Comment

Working...
                      X