Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How tough and adjustable is sparring in professional boxing training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok ur the smartest and the most athletic man to ever live.

Comment

TS, I know you don't always drink beer, but when you do, do you prefer Dos Equis?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
        TS, I know you don't always drink beer, but when you do, do you prefer Dos Equis?

he prefers le soju

Comment

Originally posted by Pleonism View Post
          T

I can also make it a challenge for myself to simply avoid being hit, using my footwork. Remember, foreman landed only a single punch to the head in like 3 rounds opposite Ali....Most were useless punches, while alis punches connected to the head. Foremans performance in that famous match was weak.

The reason I stress full contact is because it's hard to motivate this punishment, if I only want to learn the boxing and not compete. Just as other martial-arts are taught without full contact. I would be fine with it, if my life goal was ring- boxing. But it's not.

Why are you comparing yourself to Ali? lmao

Go play fight with your siblings and you wont get hurt you pussy. I'd say boxing is a man's sport but even the girls in my gym have more guts and nuts than you.

Comment

You may not mean it, but you are coming across full of yourself.

You have no interest in sparring yet you can "simply" evade using footwork. If it was that easy everyone would just hit and not get hit "simply" using footwork and employ whatever offensive tactics they wanted. Then you mention Ali-Foreman and indirectly tie in one of Ali's accomplishments as if it weren't Ali making it LOOK that easy.

As mentioned earlier you can do some technical boxing and work your head movement and counter shots on the mitts, but you'll never reach your full potential as if you would actually put what the trainers taught you into practice. You'll be able to easily beat street goons and other beginners but that's it. That's the nature of the beast. Otherwise how can you become as good as you could be by effectively removing an aspect of the art? You could be, but you'll never know.
            Last edited by Biolink; 08-08-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Because badminton.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                You may not mean it, but you are coming across full of yourself.

You have no interest in sparring yet you can "simply" evade using footwork. If it was that easy everyone would just hit and not get hit "simply" using footwork and employ whatever offensive tactics they wanted. Then you mention Ali-Foreman and indirectly tie in one of Ali's accomplishments as if it weren't Ali making it LOOK that easy.

As mentioned earlier you can do some technical boxing and work your head movement and counter shots on the mitts, but you'll never reach your full potential as if you would actually put what the trainers taught you into practice. You'll be able to easily beat street goons and other beginners but that's it. That's the nature of the beast. Otherwise how can you become as good as you could be by effectively removing an aspect of the art? You could be, but you'll never know.
                Yes, I do hold to the belief that someone can instruct me in how to punch western boxing style, without having to get my head blown in. Whether that would make me a capable boxer in the ring is really not relevant, since I don't seek it.

When it comes to confidence, I am probably narcissistic. But this is not the psychology forum.
                Last edited by Pleonism; 08-09-2014, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Yes, I do hold to the belief that someone can instruct me in how to punch western boxing style, without having to get my head blown in. Whether that would make me a capable boxer in the ring is really not relevant, since I don't seek it.

When it comes to confidence, I am probably narcissistic. But this is not the psychology forum.
                  learning how to punch in a tranquil stress free environment, isn't the same thing as learning how to punch during real combat.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                    learning how to punch in a tranquil stress free environment, isn't the same thing as learning how to punch during real combat.
                    I suppoes then that you reject all forms of light to no contact japanese and korean martial-arts, as a means of fighting? Or is boxing somehow different?

Comment

I suppoes then that you reject all forms of light to no contact japanese and korean martial-arts, as a means of fighting? Or is boxing somehow different?
                      are u serious???? just stop replying... u sounded alright-intelligent and maybe athletic at first. Now ur just makin a fool of urself. quit trolling pls

Comment

Working...
                      X