Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive just been doing 225lbs on bench to my max amount of reps. I can 15 solid 3 times in a row. 17 is my best right now. Ill go back to my pyramid next week. Curling 45lbs dumb bells for 5 to 6 reps at the top of my curl pyramid. Still doing 3 to 4 5ks a week. Eating ridiculous amounts of fruit. Slowly but steadily.

Comment

Yeah 17 is my current max rep of 225.

I completed 5 x 5 of 290, so Ill be at 295 in 2 weeks.

Tonight is my 1 rep max bench... did 335 2 weeks ago, going for 340.

Max is tricky though, so many things come in to it, how you feel, your energy level etc... Ill test the waters for 1 at 315, from there Ill know if I can go for the 340 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Yeah 17 is my current max rep of 225.

I completed 5 x 5 of 290, so Ill be at 295 in 2 weeks.

Tonight is my 1 rep max bench... did 335 2 weeks ago, going for 340.

Max is tricky though, so many things come in to it, how you feel, your energy level etc... Ill test the waters for 1 at 315, from there Ill know if I can go for the 340 this week.
        Im havent tried my pyramid in a few weeks but last week i was at 275lbs for the top. Havent maxed out because I dont have a spotter right now. Definitely right about feeling it though. You gotta be in a good place psychologically.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Im havent tried my pyramid in a few weeks but last week i was at 275lbs for the top. Havent maxed out because I dont have a spotter right now. Definitely right about feeling it though. You gotta be in a good place psychologically.
          Yeah... lol I need the right song, and the right PART of the song RIGHT when I lift it lol... highly psychological when you're going max.

Comment

Got 315 for 2 new first very happy

Comment

Tuesday.... hit 18 reps of 225.... Sore as **** TODAY.

Tonight is shoulders and arms, about to kill this ****.

Comment

Reed, I see that you have been lifting more. Sounds like you've been kiling it. How's your weight now with the lifting?

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                  Reed, I see that you have been lifting more. Sounds like you've been kiling it. How's your weight now with the lifting?
                  I pretty much stay in the mid 190's.

My goal is mid to low 180's, but Im pretty solid, no abs, which is what Im after.

But yeah, seriously my weight at the gym keeps going up, Ive been extremely consistent, havent missed a single lift day since the beginning of August.

Comment

On my 5x5 today for 295lbs.

I feel like I shouldnt be able to do all 5x5... but, hell, I said that at 275, then 280, then 285, then 290.... Ive been assuming I should be plateuing for about 6 weeks now, and I havent, Im just sticking with this 3 week bench cycle. Been going up in weight consistently since august with this split.

Comment

some good workout songs for me:

clear blue sky - followed by ghosts
                      never scared - bone crusher
                      intro - xx
                      stevie stone - rap gamez callin

Comment

Working...
                      X