Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did 185lbs for 4 reps last week on military press. My goal is 225lbs for at least reps.

Comment

• Y'all can kiss my ass, benching 300+. I'm weak as hell on flat bench. I quit for a while because it was hurting my shoulder. Switched to dumbbells. I'm happy to just rep 225 for now.

Comment

• Either way, that's some serious strength.

Comment

• Roidzzzz......

Comment

• Thinking about not using the Tricep DB kickback anymore. I mean it is an ok exercise for someone starting out but that awkward limited ROM makes it impossible to do with more weight at a certain point.

I think I have gone as far as one can get with this and am going back to skull crushers, kick backs are just are not working out as an effective exercise for triceps anymore for me so have to make an adjustment but the dips are good and so is the seated DB french press though I am going to go to 1 arm at a time rather than 2 because I don't feel safe having 85lbs right behind my head where I can't see it and have to just "use my best judgement".

Comment

• Any of you guys lift in the morning before work?

and if so HOW!?

I'd rather get it done before work than after, but it is impossible to get myself up that early.

Comment

• Triceps for me = weighted dips, cg bp, and then maybe french press if I feel like it. So many drop sets with them though.

I tend to only really like doing low rep strength work outs so I try to supplement that with a lot of drop sets and super sets to get a harder pump. It has worked so far... strength has been going up pretty regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  Any of you guys lift in the morning before work?

and if so HOW!?

I'd rather get it done before work than after, but it is impossible to get myself up that early.
                  Nope never, I never functioned well on that early schedule. I always lift late afternoon at the earliest but usually around 8-10 pm.

Comment

• I'm hitting my first set by 7:00am every morning. I get up around 5 or a little after. Have a decent breakfast, wait 30 minutes or so, drink my preworkout and I'm out the door.

I'm the opposite of most people, I guess. If I mess around all day, I'll never end up at the gym. I literally hit the ground running when I wake up. Drives my wife crazy that I'm a "morning person" haha.

Comment

• I like rope pushdowns for triceps. I was having some pain in my elbow on them, though. I adjusted my grip. Still use an overhand grip, but I bend my wrists back, now my palms kind of face straight ahead instead of facing down. I can lockout with no elbow pain at all.

Also love close grip bench. I feel like it's the absolute best workout for tri's.

Comment

Working...
                      X