This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED
    Ah, the lower back. Culprits=squats and/or deadlifts. Do you decompress after squats? Hang from a pull-up bar, bending the knees behind and relax lower back. Alternate between feet being straight, one crossed over the other and vice-versa. Even better is an inversion table. Teeter is the best @ $300.
    I have a disc bulge and ddd.

Sucks.. I just try to deal with it and be smart.

I do zero deadlines and I squat no higher than 13lbs... I just do high reps, about 30 per set.

I've thought about an inversion table though

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      I have a disc bulge and ddd.

Sucks.. I just try to deal with it and be smart.

I do zero deadlines and I squat no higher than 13lbs... I just do high reps, about 30 per set.

I've thought about an inversion table though
      Man, that does suck. I wonder if so many reps is good, even with light weight? I would definitely look into an inversion table though. It only takes once or twice a day for a few minutes to decompress the spine. Teeter Hang Ups is what I have. It's great.

Comment

• Took a few days off from the gym..think i have been over training..have had 0 energy and my body has been in serious pain...going in tomorrow hoping for a great day

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Took a few days off from the gym..think i have been over training..have had 0 energy and my body has been in serious pain...going in tomorrow hoping for a great day

what does your diet look like?

also, what kind of demand have you been putting on your body? how many days of rest are you taking each week?

Comment

• Originally posted by new england View Post
            what does your diet look like?

Also, what kind of demand have you been putting on your body? How many days of rest are you taking each week?
            i eat fish,chicken,pork chops..lots of veggies,protein shakes and fruits...i have only been taking 1 or 2 days off a week but when i hit the gym i got for 2-3 hours..when i go i go hard...

Comment

• You could try eating a bit more. Perhaps you are eating below your maintenance.

Comment

i eat fish,chicken,pork chops..lots of veggies,protein shakes and fruits...i have only been taking 1 or 2 days off a week but when i hit the gym i got for 2-3 hours..when i go i go hard...

if it persists, decrease the demand.

it doesn't sound like your diet is the issue, but you might be deficient in one of the key nutrients that cause tiredness / anemia.

b12, iron, b6, and folate[b9.]

b12 isn't found in plant sources, but you find it in most animal products. folate is in fortified form in tons of foods. b6 is common as well.

iron deficiency and toxicity are the two most common nutritional deficiencies / toxicities in the world.

you might be anemic from a lack of iron, or possible one of the B vitamins i listed, but i doubt it's one of those, looking at your diet.

if you're getting enough iron, which is found in beef, eggs, beans, you won't be anaemic. if that's the case, you're probably overtrained.

decrease the demand, IE get some rest.

Comment

What about supplements? Do you consume energy drinks? Do you consume a pre-workout drink which contains caffeine? The reason I ask, is because I have read that the adrenal glands can become fatigued when exposed to too many stimulants.

Comment

• Man, this hiit kicks my ass, but it does work, i started lifting weights too and i feel great.

Also, i know you're not to suppoused to drink while you're dieting but something strange happened couple of weeks ago. I had a family reunion and i drank a lot of vodka, I mixed it with water and lemon juice and I didn't eat anything so obviously i was hangovered as **** the next day. But somehow I lost 0,6 kilo and few inches! At first I thought it's because i was dehydrated but it stayed that way. I don't know what was it, magic most likely.

That said, i'm not touching booze till i reach my goal

How's the progress, gents?
                    Last edited by Szef; 11-15-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      Man, this hiit kicks my ass, but it does work, i started lifting weights too and i feel great.

Also, i know you're not to suppoused to drink while you're dieting but something strange happened couple of weeks ago. I had a family reunion and i drank a lot of vodka, I mixed it with water and lemon juice and I didn't eat anything so obviously i was hangovered as **** the next day. But somehow I lost 0,6 kilo and few inches! At first I thought it's because i was dehydrated but it stayed that way. I don't know what was it, magic most likely.

That said, i'm not touching booze till i reach my goal

How's the progress, gents?

booze is the worst thing you can consume if you're trying to get into shape. it's bad for basically everything in your body if you drink more than a drink or two a night [tops.] you're making a great choice if you're staying away from it to try and lose weight.

alcohol itself has lots of calories. 7 per gram. carbs and protein have four, and fat has nine. alcohol is most easily stored as visceral fat [beer belly / fat around the internal organs,] even easier than fat.
                      after that you consider the sugar in drinks, etc, which also contain carbs.

stay eating plants, lean meats, brih. weight is gonna fall off, and more importantly, you're going to feel like a million bucks. the girls at the polish weddings are gonna be freaking all over that sausage. trust.

my bro proposed to his girlfriend last night. i want to have a legitimately smoking GF by the time the wedding comes around, and be in graduate school. these are the goals i am setting.

Comment

Working...
                      X