This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else love jumping rope?

I find it more enjoyable than typical jogging/running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
      Anyone else love jumping rope?

did some today, my shoulder endurance for jumping rope sucks at the moment but will get better

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Gotta eat big if you want to build muscle, a bunch of clean low fat food for a more naturally trim guy like me just isn't going to cut it.
        'trim guy'=FatBoy

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
        Anyone else love jumping rope?

Same here. My knees regularly swelled up after runs, the rope is good. But still, it's only as good as you make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          'trim guy'=FatBoy

Same here. My knees regularly swelled up after runs, the rope is good. But still, it's only as good as you make it.
          Don't you have a meter maid or part time sex worker to be ko'd by? Spray= never ko'd or even dropped before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Spray= never ko'd or even dropped before.
            In most cases that means that you never fought nobody.
            Last edited by Rockin'; 06-04-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Went out for a 30min jog at 12:30 am...

Only lasted 10mins lol, but this has happened before, there were hardly any lights and it just felt spooky and weird as fuk... so I packed it in

I did 20mins jump rope earlier though...

Comment

• In place of the week during my 12 week split routine where I normally do a low rep/heavy weight at normal pace, I am doing heavy weight eccentric training or what some people call negatives.

If you don't know what it is the best way I can describe it is after you perform the concentric part of the lift in the bench press for example where you actually lift the bar off of your chest, on the eccentric part of the lift you concentrate on performing it slowly and take 6-10 seconds to bring the bar back down near the top of your chest.

Today I started with Bicep/triceps and let me tell you it was pretty hard. Moving 85/90% of your 1RM at that slow pace I could only get 3-4 reps per set.

I am going to be doing this all week and then back to normal rep range at the start of the next week and see if this helps bust out of some plateaus.

Comment

• My weak point is probably deadlifting. Admittedly, I only started deadlifting about 2 weeks ago, lol. I was always just like, screw it, I'll do dumbbell rows. Blasphemous, I know.

I can get 315 8 times with good form. Went up and tried 365, got it, but sacrificed form.

I believe I'm thinking so hard about correct form, that I forget I still have to, you know, LIFT the weight.

"OKAY. Line up."

"Bar close to shins?"

"Feet comfortable?"

"Hands shoulder-ish width?"

"Ass down? Not too far down. Don't wanna squat it"

"Chin up"

"Back straight"

"Take the slack out"

"Now lif....."

By the time I lift, I'm tired.

Comment

• I havent been at a gym with a seated military press in a while so I only ever really do OHP and seated DB press.

Seated I can do 85x2 and usually do 70 5x5.

OHP is by far the biggest pain in my ass to progress at. Most I have ever done is 140x1 and that was a grinder. I can rep 125 for usually 6 or 7 but when I jump to 135 I hit a wall and it is tough to get one or two out. That exercise is brutal, by far the hardest one to progress on for me.

Comment

• Im repping 315lbs now. 2 to 3 reps.

Comment

Working...
                      X