Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAY overweight, hitting the Heavybag, need some tips...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
    and this. Read this first: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293

dont be put off by bodybuilding in the title, its just dietary information
    yeah this is pretty solid advice too for someone obese.

green k given.

Comment

sorry for spamming posts, but i felt this was important.

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
      ^

good advice, but duke shouldn't really be running if he's 290lbs, great way to **** up his knees...cardio right now is more counterproductive than anything

main thing is diet, you'll lose an easy 50+ lbs of FAT from diet alone...depending on your will, calorie deficit and if you use keto this can be within as little as a few months
      really take this post to heart. DO NOT put too much stress on your joints. For cardio do something like biking or swimming until you've dropped 50+ lbs and gotten your body used to it. If you go running now you are almost certain to injure yourself.

And yes, diet is 90%. You need to work out a ****load just to burn off one small sandwich for example.
      Do some boxing, go for walks, ride a bike or swim. But thats just a small bonus and to get healthier. The weight will mostly drop because of you limiting your calories.

Comment

GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE AND SUPPORT!!! I'm super motivated, today is stand-up only in the gym. We'll be doing Boxing, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai..The smaller fellas in the gym tell me I have fast hands to be as big as I am. People expect me to just throw power punches cause I'm fat and wanna show off lol. I'm the complete opposite, I'm fat and I only wanna use speed and technique because being fat and trying to throw hard will equal slower punches and me getting hit more. I LOVE learning technique, and when I start shedding this nasty fat, I'll be a lot better off health wise and skill wise.

You all are keeping me going, all this advice has me pumped to get fit and SNATCH my HEALTH back from the hands of DEATH slowly pulling me to an early grave...

Comment

c/s the **** harry said about caloric intake...even on keto you won't lose weight unless your expending more calories than you consume.

Use a BMR calculator to find out how many calories you're body uses just to function, from there cut off whatever you feel comfortable with (nothing extreme, but if you want to lose weight fast 500+ is good)

a lot of people use a clean diet as a excuse to eat alot and then get surprised when they're not dropping weight

since you're a MMA fan (im not) but I saw this on sherdog today:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ros...C-Live-6-34837

258 here

little motivation

Comment

Originally posted by ANT_P1989 View Post
            Where in my post did I say I was 5'9"?!?! I said I was between FIVE FOOT ELEVEN and SIX FOOT....I'm 21 years old, it's not too late til you're DEAD....
            my bad. so how fit you want to be or what's your goal. or you just want to work out and lose some weight?

oh and please..never too late till you DEad? pretty high words for you. what the F did you think for 21 years? almost 300 lbs..shame.
            Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 08-17-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I want to be fit to where my stomach no longer hangs, my fat isn't pressing against my lungs and ribcage, so I'll have more stamina and start being more competitive in the Boxing/MMA gym. My legs are WAY stronger than any part of my body because I carry so much fat up top. Being a fatass is killing me, I love to be active and spar a lot, grapple a lot, and have a good time for the love of the sweet science. I finish a WHOLE gallon of water in a 2 hour Boxing class cause I sweat so much. So drinking water is easy for me, forget sodas, and Kool-aid, and luckily my doctor says I don't have high blood pressure or anything like that. So it's time NOW to cut back HUGE and get my mentality in HEALTH MODE...I AM NOT GONNA LET THIS WEIGHT PUT ME SIX FEET DEEP!!! F U C K THAT! God be with me, and lead me down the health path....Ant is makin a change!

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
                my bad. so how fit you want to be or what's your goal. or you just want to work out and lose some weight?

oh and please..never too late till you DEad? pretty high words for you. what the F did you think for 21 years? almost 300 lbs..shame.
                You need to be a little more understanding of people's problems.

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post

You DAMN RIGHT it's a shame! I USED to be the slim kid on the block who ran faster than everyone and ran longer than everyone. I started boxing at 7 years old and as time went by I got LAZY as F U C K! I'm not gonna sit around and argue with you because I know what it's like to be in-shape and I know what it's like to be obese and out of shape. My job is to get healthy and lose weight, whether you encourage me or not, homie I could care less. Your negativity is just making me even more anxious for 5pm to hurry up so I can get to the fighting gym and continue making progress...

Of course it's my fault why I'm so heavy now than I used to be. So it's ME who has to live with it and it's ME who has to step up and make a change...

Comment

I can't really add much to what everyone's already said, your technique on the bag is nice, keep up the good work! Just watch out on that low left hand

Also, props for wanting to turn yourself around man! Good luck to you and keep us posted on how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by ANT_P1989 View Post
                      You DAMN RIGHT it's a shame! I USED to be the slim kid on the block who ran faster than everyone and ran longer than everyone. I started boxing at 7 years old and as time went by I got LAZY as F U C K! I'm not gonna sit around and argue with you because I know what it's like to be in-shape and I know what it's like to be obese and out of shape. My job is to get healthy and lose weight, whether you encourage me or not, homie I could care less. Your negativity is just making me even more anxious for 5pm to hurry up so I can get to the fighting gym and continue making progress...

Of course it's my fault why I'm so heavy now than I used to be. So it's ME who has to live with it and it's ME who has to step up and make a change...
                      this is a great attitude and something everyone should be able to respect (no matter what you think of obese people).

Most fat people just blame everyone but themselves, and see themselves as victims. You don't, i respect that.

Comment

Working...
                      X