Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAY overweight, hitting the Heavybag, need some tips...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most important thing right now is diet....best way to do this is KETO.

Read this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=110525811

It's long, but make sure you read it. You're young, there's a dude at my gym who's 32 and 240lbs and 7-1 amateur, started boxing 3 years ago and weighed more than you when he started.

honestly, dont worry about competing and **** right now. Get in shape. You're 21 and you recognize your problems, thats a good start

Good luck bro...keep us updated

Comment

and this. Read this first: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293

dont be put off by bodybuilding in the title, its just dietary information

Comment

Its all diet

Stick to protein such as chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, and very lean beef along with salads, steamed veggies, and some fruit. Take a multivitamin pill like Centrum daily. Slowly increase your running speed and distance. Increase the tempo of your workouts with less and less time inbetweeen whatever you do. Avoid sugar in all forms. If you cheat, you only cheat yourself.

Comment

^

good advice, but duke shouldn't really be running if he's 290lbs, great way to **** up his knees...cardio right now is more counterproductive than anything

main thing is diet, you'll lose an easy 50+ lbs of FAT from diet alone...depending on your will, calorie deficit and if you use keto this can be within as little as a few months

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
            5`9 290 lbs? no tips for you man, too late to think about your shape
            Where in my post did I say I was 5'9"?!?! I said I was between FIVE FOOT ELEVEN and SIX FOOT....I'm 21 years old, it's not too late til you're DEAD....

Comment

Thanks Akhi and Barfly, I'm gonna start straightening my life up and get healthy and eat right. I did a whole week of all salads, hardly any dressing and bits of grilled chicken. I released SO MANY bad toxins from my body that week and felt AWESOME in the fighting gym. I'm gonna cut out ALL sugars, but fruits have natural sugars so I'll just up my vegetable intake and lower my fruit intake. I'm sick of getting tired early when I spar in Boxing, Muay Thai, and Kickboxing, I wanna be able to hang with the smaller more in shape fellas in my gym. I can do this, God is gonna aid me and I'm gonna make the effort....

Comment

I saved the Guide to Ketosis on my phone and I'll be following this to a T. I've seen people in my gym who are in their 40's and were heavy as me. This one guy was almost 300lbs and in a few months from Boxing and Kickboxing and a good diet, he's now down to 267lbs and counting, plus he's in his 40's! I'm 21 and determined to NOT let being fat be the DEATH of me. I'm NOT gonna die from this, I'm in the gym all the time it's just that I need to cut out the bad eating habits....Thanks for all the support from those who are helping me. I REALLY appreciate it.

Comment

technique is great mate, you punch well. make sure you keep your hands up after you throw a punch, otherwise you'll find yourself kissing the floor.

I suggest you to swim as much as you can, it'll do your cardio, and it really tires you well.

Don't forget; there's is nothing you can't do if you want to.

Well of course there are things, but what you want to do now is reachable goal. Just make sure you don't quit, and work very very hard.

And keep writing your progress!!!

Good luck with your brand new life...

Comment

The bagwork looked pretty solid. The good thing about being overweight is that the weight will fly off if you can stick to doing 4-5 days/week worth of cardio. I would start with swimming, stationary bike, or whatever you feel you can do for 30+ minutes and do that. The weight should fly off if you also stick to a nice diet.

Drink lots of water, eat lots of protein, and stay away from carbonated drinks, alcohol, sweets, chocolate, fried foods.

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
                      5`9 290 lbs? no tips for you man, too late to think about your shape
                      pfff... bs

TS: I would advice you to just learn some basic nutrition science.
                      Losing weight is in theory VERY simple. You just have to stick with it.

Do not trust the myths that you need to eat x amount of times per day, or no carbs after 6pm etc. It's mostly about calories in and calories out.

Here is a good articles to start you out.
                      http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...-calories.html

Also since you mentioned MMA, i guess you are familiar with sherdog. They have a very decent FAQ that might benefit you.
                      http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/d-...osting-718093/

I'll also send you some e-points that you can use to bet or whatever on this site with other boxingfans.
                      It's trivial but can be fun.

Other than that, I'd just like to wish you good luck. Just stick with it, thats the only important thing to success.

Comment

Working...
                      X