Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAY overweight, hitting the Heavybag, need some tips...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've been there buddy, just work at it, stay disciplined, stay motivated. your style kind of reminds me of riddick bowe by the way, he's one of my favorites of all time.

when you're tired and don't feel like it in the morning and feel like sagging.... get your ass up and go to the gym, when you start that workout you'll feel better. remember every little step you take towards losing weight is a step.. and remember every step in the other direction is exactly that..

have a routine, drink a lot of water, do something active everyday, no matter how hard it feels and do spend a little time for yourself to be lazy. all work and no play...

(don't forget to stretch and all by the way, when you're heavy, there's a lot of pressure on the muscles, easy to get injured)

to keep motivated, find music, anything that pumps you up. i'll send you some of my stuff.

whenever you don't feel like it.. pick one of those things that pump you up and get going to the gym, to the pool, to do your roadwork..

Ray Lewis - mr. Work Ethic

Determination and Sacrifice

blood sweat and tears... only way

i hope they help.. find more for yourself, and keep going.

DO
    NOT
    GIVE
    UP!

Comment

do not run!!! your knees will be ****ed up. i'm sorry but your body weight will harm your knees if you run.

best thing to instead of running is swimming or bicycling.

Comment

Thanks for ALL of the advice fellas, I'll be adding in all that you all have spoken to me. Everything you fellas are telling me, I keep it stored in my head and will continue to strive for my goal of losing weight and snatching my health back from the hands of an early death. THROUGH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. ;-)

Comment

Good advice from all. Best of luck with it mate. Diet and dedication is the key. I have lost nearly 80 pounds over the last few years and it all started with taking a serious look at my diet. As others have said though, don't go absolutely mental with cutting the calories. I read in an above post that you ate just over 1,000 in a day? You need more than that. Restricting your diet to that extent will increase the risk of total default.

Comment

http://howmanycaloriesshouldieat.blogspot.com/

The calculator there will tell you how much calories to eat a day. You should be eating atleast 3,000+ if you are exercising. Great advice given so far! Not from everyone though.
            Best of luck!

Comment

Congrats on getting motivated and focused on changing yourself for the better. You and I are in the same boat. I started my Journey of weight loss in April with lap-band surgery(which I wish I never did) and so far I've lost 60lbs(284lbs now). The only advice I can give you is to not eat to little and don't over train yourself. I too love working out and I found myself to be eating like 1200cals a day, in addition to running in the morning and doing a full boxing workout at night (jump rope3rds, 5rds heavy bag, 3-4rds shadowboxing, pad work,abs, dips, body-weight squats, and push ups). After about 3days of that I would be so drained. So just make sure you don't deprive yourself of cals because your body will need it for fuel. Other than that keep up the good work.

p.s.Your looking good on the heavy bag........ This is my heavybag work about 2yrs ago before I ballooned up to 342. In the vid I'm about the same weight as I am right now.

Last edited by jerzeytib; 08-23-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Honestly, not bad at all. Just keep working hard.

Comment

Nice work, keep the instenisty high and dont stop good job. You got nice fluid punches but no way your 5 11 lol that must mean im 5 2 and im not that small lol

Comment

You gotta eat clean man, you're already in the gym doing your thing, all it takes is eating healthy.. Whole foods man, I know it sucks. I was in the same boat as you at your age, the craving for a big mac with extra sauce never goes away haha, but once you start losing those pounds it will be easier and easier to keep away from it

like I said you're already in the gym, just take that extra step and change up what you're eating

Comment

Second video of me hitting the heavybag...I threw 2 kicks on the bag as well, 1st kick sucked, 2nd kick had better technique (pause in between the kick to see the technique)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcOCT-1jAo&sns=em

Comment

Working...
                      X