Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever throw straight right to the body with your back erect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you ever throw straight right to the body with your back erect?

    Or is your back always tilted 10% forward?

  • #2
    Like this is what I mean.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zxnjVL...ist=LL&index=1

    Comment


    • #3
      In your video I never even saw a body shot thrown. ............Rockin'
      siablo14 likes this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        In your video I never even saw a body shot thrown. ............Rockin'
        True but is it completely in unconcentional to throw a right hand with your back erect like that?

        My previous background was Karate

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks btw.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pugilist89 View Post

            True but is it completely in unconcentional to throw a right hand with your back erect like that?

            My previous background was Karate
            If you are digging the body with a hook maybe, but you gotta dig in to the canvas to bring real power. With the straight right I'd get low with my back tilted to make the straight line of power from my back foot to my shoulder to my fist to his rib cage. I loved getting under some guys jab and digging my right fist deep in to his ribs. Hearing his breathe forced out of his lungs is priceless in a fight................Rockin
            Last edited by Rockin'; 09-08-2021, 09:51 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

              If you are digging the body with a hook maybe, but you gotta dig in to the canvas to bring real power. With the straight right I'd get low with my back tilted to make the straight line of power from my back foot to my shoulder to my fist to his rib cage. I loved getting under some guys jab and digging my right fist deep in to his ribs. Hearing his breathe forced out of his lungs is priceless in a fight................Rockin
              But it's defensively worse since your head is exposed to uppercuts

              Comment


              • #8
                This guy teaches it it with back erect

                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gYR-pflFCFE

                Comment


                • #9
                  That video spoke nothing of a straight right to the body. And you don't rotate your back foot, it should just happen because of the rotation of your hips. But you are pushing off of the back foot.

                  How many bouts would you say that this guy, in the video, has had? ...............Rockin'
                  greynotsoold likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pugilist89 View Post

                    But it's defensively worse since your head is exposed to uppercuts
                    You are exposed with a ton of shots that you'll throw. If you are afraid to eat one than you are in the wrong sport.

                    'getting under his jab', if your left hand is in front of your face than you will be fine, or at least should be fine....................Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 09-08-2021, 12:46 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP