No announcement yet.

The 15 Best High-Protein Fast Food Meals You Can Eat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 15 Best High-Protein Fast Food Meals You Can Eat

In an ideal world, we’d cook an elaborate spread for every meal. But fast food is sometimes the only option. According to the National Academy of Medicine, adults should aim for a daily minimum of 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, or about 7 grams for every 20 pounds. That means you’ll want approximately 20 grams per meal, give or take, to stay in the suggested range. Luckily, there are plenty of restaurant chains with options that offer a boost of satisfying protein (and not just refined carbs). From a McDonald’s McDouble to Starbucks’s convenient protein boxes, here are the 15 best high-protein fast food meals at some of the most popular chains around.

1. MCDONALD’S MCDOUBLE
    Per serving: 400 calories, 20g fat, 33g carbs, 2g fiber, 7g sugar and 22g protein

We get it: Sometimes a salad just won’t cut it. Luckily, McDonald’s McDouble, (aka two beef patties, American cheese, pickles, ketchup, onion and mustard) is relatively low in calories and carbs considering the amount of protein it offers. If you want, you can nix the cheese and lose 50 calories and 4 grams of fat.

2. ARBY’S ROAST CHICKEN ENTRÉE SALAD
    Per serving: 250 calories, 14g fat, 8g carbs, 3g fiber, 4g sugar and 25g protein

While many fast-food salads are just chicken nuggets on a bed of lettuce masquerading as health, Arby’s offers a version with grilled chicken. Pepper bacon, tomato, cheddar and ranch dressing round things out for a filling lunch (or dinner).

3. CHICK-FIL-A LEMON KALE CAESAR
    Per serving: 470 calories, 24g fat, 22g carbs, 0g fiber, 8g sugar and 43g protein

Another high-protein salad option is Chick-Fil-A’s rendition of a kale Caesar. Shaved Parmesan, panko breadcrumbs and fresh lemon wedges make it feel very 2021.

4. WENDY’S APPLE PECAN SALAD
    Per serving: 460 calories, 23g fat, 26g carbs, 5g fiber, 18g sugar and 39g protein

The combination of apples, dried cranberries, roasted pecans and crumbled blue cheese feels a little bit ’90s and we are so into it. Go easy on the dressing if you want to keep the amount of sugar to a minimum.

5. CHIPOTLE SALAD WITH CHICKEN, FAJITA VEGETABLES AND ROASTED CHILI-CORN SALSA
    Per serving: 295 calories, 8.5g fat, 24g carbs, 6g fiber, 7g sugar and 37g protein

TBH, Chipotle’s menu is all about mixing and matching, so it’s one of the easiest restaurants to find a healthy option. But to make it even simpler, we suggest swapping your usual burrito bowl for a salad (no rice equals less carbs) and adding the just-sweet-enough corn salsa in place of the dressing.

6. SHAKE SHACK SHACKBURGER (LETTUCE WRAP)
    Per serving: 320 calories, 24g fat, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugar and 21g protein

At Shake Shack, you can ask for any sandwich on the menu to be served in a lettuce wrap instead of the usual bun. While this won’t add any protein, it will reduce the amount of carbohydrates by 24 grams—worth it if you’re watching your carb intake.

7. SUBWAY 6-INCH OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN SUB
    Per serving: 270 calories, 4.5g fat, 41g carbs, 5g fiber, 8g sugar and 21g protein

Subway’s Fresh Fit menu includes items with higher amounts of protein, plus 400 calories or fewer and two servings of vegetables. To maximize the nutrition factor, pile your sandwich high with alllll the veggies.

8. MCDONALD’S MCCHICKEN
    Per serving: 400 calories, 21g fat, 39g carbs, 1g fiber, 5g sugar and 14g protein

FYI, McDonald’s has reduced its menu since COVID-19, but the brand still serves the OG McChicken. Hold the mayo, and you’ll shave off 100 cals and 11 grams of fat.

9. STARBUCKS CHICKPEA BITES AND AVOCADO PROTEIN BOX
    Per serving: 560 calories, 37g fat, 43g carbs, 13g fiber, 7g sugar and 15g protein

Meatless fast-food meals that still contain a decent amount of protein are few and far between, but this Starbucks option is fully plant-based and has 15 grams of the good stuff. It’s also high in fiber to keep you feeling full longer.

10. STARBUCKS GRILLED CHICKEN AND HUMMUS PROTEIN BOX
    Per serving: 300 calories, 9g fat, 32g carbs, 7g fiber, 6g sugar and 22g protein

Another high-protein item at the popular coffee chain is the grilled chicken and hummus box, which contains 22 grams of protein and only 9 grams of fat.

11. CHICK-FIL-A 3-PIECE GRILLED NUGGETS
    Per serving: 130 calories, 3g fat, 1g carbs, 1g fiber, 0g sugar and 51g protein

Confession: We love chicken nuggets. Who doesn’t? Chick-Fil-A’s grilled version contains 25 grams of protein in an eight-piece serving but only 3 grams of fat (compared to 11 grams in the fried kind).

12. TACO BELL SOFT TACO
    Per serving: 180 calories, 9g fat, 17g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g sugar and 9g protein

Taco Bell is currently serving a slightly limited menu due to COVID, but the traditional ground beef soft taco has a good ratio of protein to everything else, even if you order two to make it a more filling meal.

13. TACO BELL BURRITO SUPREME, FRESCO STYLE
    Per serving: 340 calories, 11g fat, 48g carbs,98g fiber, 4g sugar and 14g protein

The beans and beef in Taco Bell’s burrito add fiber and protein, respectively. Order yours “fresco style” to lose the sour cream and cheese and keep the fat and calories a little lower.

14. PANERA BREAD TURKEY SANDWICH
    Per serving: 520 calories, 20g fat, 54g carbs, 4g fiber, 4g sugar and 32g protein

Yes, Panera’s classic turkey sandwich does contain 20 grams of fat per serving, but only 3.5 grams are saturated fat. Plus, you can get a half-order to cut that amount in, well, half (or just ask for no mayonnaise).

15. DUNKIN’ VEGGIE EGG WHITE OMELET
    Per serving: 290 calories, 13g fat, 27g carbs, 5g fiber, 4g sugar and 17g protein

We know the name says omelet, but this is a sandwich. Still, Dunkin’s lightest breakfast option contains a whopping 17 grams of protein and just 290 calories. Good morning, indeed.

I know it’s not great pizza but Little Caesars hot and ready classic medium pepperoni is $5.99 here in Canada. It has 75g protein on 1560 calories. All their other pizzas cost more than double and are maybe a couple hundo more calories at best. Look up the little caesars nutrition page to see what I mean. The classic medium pepperoni and cheese is sold cheap to get you in the door, upsell you on dips, breads, soda. Food theorists on YouTube did a good video on pizza value. Little Caesars got into the food shipping business back in the day. They serve a lot of other fast food chains. They don’t deliver or have sitting space. Low overhead. If you are throwing a party and want the best pizza I have a place that sells the heaviest pizza in town. Three slices will put you down. But for a single pizza you can eat by yourself after a workout on a cheat meal, nothing will give you better value than a little caesars cheese or classic pep, the rest are poor value. Often a pizza with more toppings can weigh less than just a cheese, as the toppings can cover the lack of cheese, where there is no hiding on a plain cheese. The point is don’t assume every pizza starts as a regular cheese and toppings are added after that. Every fast food item should have their nutritional macros online. Here in Canada there’s also Delissio stuffed crust pizza, that is often on sale for $5.99cdn. They dough is the best I’ve had for frozen and the pizza’s are usually around 1600 calories and have 80-90 protein. I know people are partial to their pizza and so am I. But the delissio stuffed crust is great taste and value for you Canadians. The little caesars classic pep is ready for you even it you walk in. It a cheap $5.99 and 75g protein. Cant beat that. Get a dip if you need to, maybe a cola. It’s a cheat meal after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
      I know it’s not great pizza but Little Caesars hot and ready classic medium pepperoni is $5.99 here in Canada. It has 75g protein on 1560 calories. All their other pizzas cost more than double and are maybe a couple hundo more calories at best. Look up the little caesars nutrition page to see what I mean. The classic medium pepperoni and cheese is sold cheap to get you in the door, upsell you on dips, breads, soda. Food theorists on YouTube did a good video on pizza value. Little Caesars got into the food shipping business back in the day. They serve a lot of other fast food chains. They don’t deliver or have sitting space. Low overhead. If you are throwing a party and want the best pizza I have a place that sells the heaviest pizza in town. Three slices will put you down. But for a single pizza you can eat by yourself after a workout on a cheat meal, nothing will give you better value than a little caesars cheese or classic pep, the rest are poor value. Often a pizza with more toppings can weigh less than just a cheese, as the toppings can cover the lack of cheese, where there is no hiding on a plain cheese. The point is don’t assume every pizza starts as a regular cheese and toppings are added after that. Every fast food item should have their nutritional macros online. Here in Canada there’s also Delissio stuffed crust pizza, that is often on sale for $5.99cdn. They dough is the best I’ve had for frozen and the pizza’s are usually around 1600 calories and have 80-90 protein. I know people are partial to their pizza and so am I. But the delissio stuffed crust is great taste and value for you Canadians. The little caesars classic pep is ready for you even it you walk in. It a cheap $5.99 and 75g protein. Cant beat that. Get a dip if you need to, maybe a cola. It’s a cheat meal after all.
      I forget which franchise is actually coming out with a vegan pizza where the crust is plant based and turkey pepperoni.

Comment

When you go to chipotle

pay that extra 2 bucks for double the chicken

Comment

The Mcdouble is good and cheap you cant beat 22g protein per 400 calories really, the Quater pounder with cheese has like 48g protein but expensive but damn.... and that chick-fill-a 3 piece chick nugget is wrong; theirs no way it only has 130 calories because every gram of protein = 4 calories so 51g protein = 204 calories.

1g of Protein = 4 calories
          1g of Carb = 4 calories
          1g of Fat = 9 calories

Good info to know so you can spot mistakes or misleading labels.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Carl's Jr Charbroiled Santa fe Chicken sandwich.

550 Calories

25G Fat
            45G Carbs
            36G Protein
            3G Fiber + I always add jalapenos .

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
              The Mcdouble is good and cheap you cant beat 22g protein per 400 calories really, the Quater pounder with cheese has like 48g protein but expensive but damn.... and that chick-fill-a 3 piece chick nugget is wrong; theirs no way it only has 130 calories because every gram of protein = 4 calories so 51g protein = 204 calories.

1g of Protein = 4 calories
              1g of Carb = 4 calories
              1g of Fat = 9 calories

Good info to know so you can spot mistakes or misleading labels.
              Double QP with cheese and I feel full for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

Double QP with cheese and I feel full for the rest of the day.
                yeah its a decent size burger. Me personally I rarely eat out I only grab something when I messed up somewhere and I need something. however i know the feeling of being full but I still gotta eat to get my protein in.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgeman
                  The best place to start a fire is at the bottom of a ravine or downwind of a forest.
                  You're confused.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

You're confused.
                    Maybe the wrong post..... or was drinking from Grandpa's cup

Comment

Working...
                    X