No announcement yet.

general weight lifting question....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post

Also, you keep talking about bulk. Bulk is a result of diet first, and second training the right way. For bulking, the best rep range is 8-12, which means medium weight, not heavy. You can use heavy weights to bulk of course, but you'll need a large volume of work (many sets).
    Pretty much agree with you PunchDrunk, but in the RIPPETOE starting strength system (which is highly regarded amongst bodybuilders for beginners to intermediate) you do reps of just 5 not 8-12 and can make great muscles gains (bulk up) not just beginners.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

I tried it for a few months when I wasnt boxing training and gained muscle and alot of strength (gained alot fat at the same time too, I got to 83kgs and now I am 74 back boxing training!).

But as you said it is DIET meaning calorie excess which is needed to bulk, otherwise you will certainly get stronger but no calorie excess - no bulking. I ate ALOT when I was doingthe Rippetoe training.

I dont think most people need to worry about bulking up too much, it is actually hard to do especially with a boxers diet and training, unless you are genetically gifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
      Pretty much agree with you PunchDrunk, but in the RIPPETOE starting strength system (which is highly regarded amongst bodybuilders for beginners to intermediate) you do reps of just 5 not 8-12 and can make great muscles gains (bulk up) not just beginners.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

I tried it for a few months when I wasnt boxing training and gained muscle and alot of strength (gained alot fat at the same time too, I got to 83kgs and now I am 74 back boxing training!).

But as you said it is DIET meaning calorie excess which is needed to bulk, otherwise you will certainly get stronger but no calorie excess - no bulking. I ate ALOT when I was doingthe Rippetoe training.

I dont think most people need to worry about bulking up too much, it is actually hard to do especially with a boxers diet and training, unless you are genetically gifted.
      Sure, there are many ways to skin a horse. What I outlined were the bare fundamentals, the basic theory. In reality you twist this to suit individuals (experience, goals, how they respond, etc.).

Comment

yeah, heavy weights cant make you robotic, thats something you would develop while training

Comment

FOr boxing, its best to do Back,Shoulders, and legs.

Comment

Originally posted by J_CON View Post
            FOr boxing, its best to do Back,Shoulders, and legs.
            For boxing it's best to do the whole body, with and individualized program that targets your needs, strengths and weaknesses...

Comment

Working...
            X