Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass jaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wowww okayyyyyyyy. dude prioritise here, prioritise, you want a granite chin, not minty fresh breath

Comment

LOL classic thread.

BTW Genryu, Aquafresh is your best bet!

Comment

cotto shud of brushed his teeth more before fighting magarito lol

Comment

omg this is hilarious hahaa

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
            put it this way, if you get knocked out whilst brushing your teeth, i wouldn't recomend a career in boxing.
            Quoted For Emphasis.

Comment

lol genryu is a ****ing moron, im sorry but damn how did the idea punch resistance was related to brushing ya teeth get into your head

Comment

What the hell were you on about though? You say you got it mixed up, well, what did you mean? I have no idea how brushing your teeth could be connected to boxing at all, I mean, I have no idea. It's not that you worded it wrong, or got it mixed up, you just got it wrong, badly.

Glass jaw = weak fighting mentality. Simple. Biologically, all things equal, it doesn't exist, knock outs come in different ways. Some people get knocked out properly, by this I meant properly KO'd, this ranges from their legs going, dizziness etc. to full blown unconsciousness. That's got nothing to do with the idea of a 'glass jaw' because that's about the punch that was delivered. People with glass jaws that get KO'd are the other sort of KO, where they hit the canvas and just don't get up, then seem to be pretty much fine when the 10 count is over, these weren't knocked unconscious, they were just down for the count, probably having just received a good clean shots and don't have that spirit to just get back up.

I think where the idea of a 'glass jaw' really exists is how people react to getting punched, some people take punches like water off a duck's back, some really let even jabs bother them. It's about being able to take those punches and being ok with it and continuing to box.

Everything else, pretty much, is down to boxing, the boxer being too tired, not having his guard up and thus always taking big shots or just taking a clean shot. For example, if somebody hits the canvas a lot, there's a big chances it's down to their stance/balance.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
                  lol genryu is a ****ing moron, im sorry but damn how did the idea punch resistance was related to brushing ya teeth get into your head
                  jaw as in the flesh inside your mouth
                  I thought iron jaw and chin were 2 different things

Comment

Originally posted by JayCoe View Post
                    What the hell were you on about though? You say you got it mixed up, well, what did you mean? I have no idea how brushing your teeth could be connected to boxing at all, I mean, I have no idea. It's not that you worded it wrong, or got it mixed up, you just got it wrong, badly.

Glass jaw = weak fighting mentality. Simple. Biologically, all things equal, it doesn't exist, knock outs come in different ways. Some people get knocked out properly, by this I meant properly KO'd, this ranges from their legs going, dizziness etc. to full blown unconsciousness. That's got nothing to do with the idea of a 'glass jaw' because that's about the punch that was delivered. People with glass jaws that get KO'd are the other sort of KO, where they hit the canvas and just don't get up, then seem to be pretty much fine when the 10 count is over, these weren't knocked unconscious, they were just down for the count, probably having just received a good clean shots and don't have that spirit to just get back up.

I think where the idea of a 'glass jaw' really exists is how people react to getting punched, some people take punches like water off a duck's back, some really let even jabs bother them. It's about being able to take those punches and being ok with it and continuing to box.

Everything else, pretty much, is down to boxing, the boxer being too tired, not having his guard up and thus always taking big shots or just taking a clean shot. For example, if somebody hits the canvas a lot, there's a big chances it's down to their stance/balance.
                    Thank you pretty much broke it down, sending green k.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM... View Post
                      wowww okayyyyyyyy. dude prioritise here, prioritise, you want a granite chin, not minty fresh breath
                      Lol'd
                      sir yes sir!

Comment

Working...
                      X