No announcement yet.

My first street fight since boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice thread ive been chuckling away!

Simple rule for me really get your retaliation in first.
    get in, do it get out and away. Thats the ****ing truth.

Comment

Originally posted by shamz
      well sed...if my "karma" means anything, u got some...
      Yes it does, thanks.

Comment

'For me the average street fight starts on a night out, a wanna be thug has too much to drink and want some trouble, he wants to prove he's a hard man so he'll start a tough talking stand off. Dont talk back and as soon as he get in punching range just hit him under the chin.'

I agree completely with elveiel there. I was in way tooo many street fights as a teen, and was lucky enough to have taken years of Aikido as a youth which kept me from getting the shyte beat outta me . However, boxing was way more practical.

After learning only the rudiments of boxing, things were much easier. I have always been a skinny guy until recently so I've NEVER picked a fight. However, when things start going down hill in some verbal altercation you KNOW when there isn't going to be an easy way out. Boxing really helps out with that.

Two guys take my brother's phone and carkeys off the edge of a stage at a club. One guy says he hasn't seen them. The other says the same thing, but then the phone rings and lights up in his pocket (what a dumbass). My bro is about to strangle this guy, then his friend steps up to get invovled. Friend is 6'4" (I am 6') which actually makes things easier, since it's harder so a punhc coming from underneath you.. He shoves once, I right hook simultaneously directly on his chin/jawline. Instant sleep, slight twitching, but no severe injuries that I could discern. Phone and keys were instantly recovered from the other guy. No fight with him. Bouncers removed the two before the other guy even woke up lol.

Now I'm not a very good boxer, but the little skill I posess goes a loooong way with your average drunk dumbass at the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhappy
          last night this wanna be street thug seriously wanted to rob me for my gold chain with no gun. now i am 5'7 and he was 5'10 or 5'11 and he comes up grabs my neck and trys to pull my chain off. so i just jab him in the face, now my punching power in my jab is'nt strong yet so he just shook it off. so he rushed me and throws a few heymakers and i could'nt believe i block them all and then he threw a sloppy right punch i just duck to the left,and gave him a right hook to the body, left and right hook to the face and knee to the gut. he was done i ran away because i think the cops were coming. before boxing i used to just punch wildly with one hand with no type of skill ans now i am fighting smartly. thank god for boxing

ur lying..nobody "blocks" punches with their hands in real life...boxingsceners need to stop watching so many movies

Comment

Originally posted by acquitted
            ur lying..nobody "blocks" punches with their hands in real life...boxingsceners need to stop watching so many movies
            I dont agree with that, its a lot harder to block shots without gloves on but its still possible. Its only worth blocking a jab though because its better to slip/duck any other shot! Who throws a jab in a street fight?

Some people do watch too many bruce movie and think that ****s real, i hate this kung fu/karate ****.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
              Do you all belivev everything you HEAR ?

I'm sure Bruce Lee can handle himself pretty damn well, but to assume he's super-bad , just because of a great deal of choreography & lots of TALK.....

Do you think Bruce could have handled any of the noteworthy guys in the world of MMA ?

I don't.
              I believe Bruce Lee could beat some serious ass. Dude was as strong as a ****ing ox (bending iron bars straight up, 1-inch punching through walls, kicking heavybags relatively long distances). He had impecable control of his body and struck targets with great accuracy. I can certainly see him hitting a top notch MMA guy in the throat and ending that **** before it started.

Comment

Originally posted by acquitted
                Yeah what the ****?? You don't block that **** unless you are like a 10th degree jeet kun do master or something. People do like to ham up their fight stories. Hell I've been in two fights...the first one the dude pulled a knife on me and stabbed me in the shoulder. I form tackled (speared) him and his head bounced off the concrete giving me 4 pretty clean, open blows to end that one. The second fight I got sucker punched, had a broken bone in my cheek...and choked that ****er out until he gave up.

Comment

Quite simply Bruce Lee would have OWNED most of the guys in his weight class or anywhere near in MMA. Hell he was one of the pioneers of MMA when you think about it. He spent years and years trying to combine eastern and western fighting arts. Go look at some MMA mathces with the lower weight classes and see how much slower the strikers are than Lee was.

I don't think it's accurate to assume he couldn't grapple because he didn't do a lot of it in his movies.

However, Lee up against a Randy Coutere or any of the top tier heavies wouldn't work out so well methinks.

Comment

One of my farts would knock the skinny ****er down.

Comment

all i do when i get in street fights is van damms jump spinning back kick. Its like 3 hits because as soon as i hit the guy it shows a replay 2 times.

Van damm would beat boxerdog old ass and everyone in MMA

but forreal there is no real sure thing way of winning a street fight because you never really know whats going to happen

when there is no rules, no set place your fighting in and no set number of oppoenents you dont know what can happen.

you can be the best fighter in the world and catch a cramp in you stomach or leg while fighting a midget and get your ass whooped

theres no time outs no rules no honer

having some skills can help you if the fight is even but no matter your skills if the odds can change against you or in your favor at anytime

Peace

Comment

Working...
                      X