Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first street fight since boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the topic of this thread, if they chioce is going into a brawl with some boxing skills or going in without, I think the choice is obvious. I'm not saying boxing skills are going to save you, probably not, but the certainly couldn't hurt. And if the guy comes at you flailing away, thinking he can take you just because he's bigger, then the skills could make the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude
      I've said it before and I'll say it again. Boxing may help you but it is far from being the most effective art in a street fight. If you fight some untrained bum without weapons it doesnt matter. But if you mixed it up with a BJJ, WT or JKD practician you're lost. Because these are fighting arts created for realistic street fights.
      I disagree. BJJ guys just traines takedowns and rolling on the ground, You have a good chance to KO them before they get a hold of you, most BJJ guys i know ain't to skilled at blocking a punch. Not saying it would be an easy fight but you certainely got a good chance.

As for the Wing Tsun guys, i haven't meet any but other kung fu practioners i meet haven't been any self defence masters.

As for the JKD practioners, two of my freinds train in JKD and when they sparr they use safety gear comparable to an icehockey players, they have never felt how it is to take a real hit and would most likely be knocked out or shocked.

My own experience is that Punching hard and fast is the most important thing in an self defence situation.

Comment

Originally posted by L8RG8R
        So Boxerdog, your arguement is that size and weight is what matters, not skill, knowledge, ability, refexes and speed? Is that right.

So a big 6'3" fatass hick could easily kill a 5'7" 150 pound martial arts expert?

I'm not trying to start ****, I'm just trying to understand your arguement.

Reminds me of all the people who think LL is the greatest HW ever strictly because of his size.

Personally my money would be on the speed and the skill over the weight, but that's just me.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

Working...
        X